OT: Off Topic Thread-Someones on Thin Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not sure it can be mentioned here, as there is a rather risque reason/reference for the bands name. I`ll try and tread delicately here.

I know this only as I did a paper once in an English class on odd Band names and where they got their origins from. Naked Lunch, a William Burroughs novel makes reference to a "toy" that can be purchased in most "adult" shops, this particular toy was given the name "Steely Dan"

OT: I have now shot 3, sub 80 games of golf..............watch out PGA

Bingo, we got bingo over here....:laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not sure it can be mentioned here, as there is a rather risque reason/reference for the bands name. I`ll try and tread delicately here.

I know this only as I did a paper once in an English class on odd Band names and where they got their origins from. Naked Lunch, a William Burroughs novel makes reference to a "toy" that can be purchased in most "adult" shops, this particular toy was given the name "Steely Dan"....apparantly the boys in the band did some reading on the road:)

OT: I have now shot 3, sub 80 games of golf..............watch out PGA

We're talking putt putt right? :help:

That's damn impressive!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We're talking putt putt right? :help:

That's damn impressive!

Haha, nope, finally scraped money to join a Club this summer, have played 19 rounds already which always helps to improve. Most summers past, I have managed only to play a dozen or so times the entire summer.

When I was a Junior, I played to a 1 handicap, then I found myself preoccupied with the young ladies, booze and anything else in which I could abuse to excess and it all went down the crapper:cry:

Greyhounds

Sep 30, 2005
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
:laugh::laugh:

Yes. and it put me in a sugar coma and I crashed.
I'm throwing the rest away......awful

Aw, they just need to be handled with care.

Besides these are tiny things. When I was a kid (last century), the Twinkies originally came in man-size. Today's version is about half the size, if even that.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Besides these are tiny things. When I was a kid (last century), the Twinkies originally came in man-size. Today's version is about half the size, if even that.

Are you sure those were twinkies you were eating??? :naughty:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Gotta figure out a way to ditch my boss so I can watch the game. He's from Holland. Only ice he's familiar with is in his freezer.

Uh I wouldn't go that far. The Netherlands regularly produce some of the finest speed skaters in the sport. So maybe you can hook your boss on hockey ;)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Anyone here ever get such bad sinus congestion that you have a toothache and it feels like you got punched in the face? Oh, and it gets much worse when you attempt to blow the never ending crap out of your skull through your nose?

Man...I'm in my late 30's and this has never happened to me until this year...I've been battling this for over a month.....I feel fine otherwise.....well.......like I said.....late 30's....

I am going through the same thing right now. Today I am much better but still...

Antibiotics & fluids to fight the infection. And severe allergy medicine to relieve the symptoms.

Hang in there!!!! :yo:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm not sure what that means. I mean how do you finish first or last when there's only one person involved? :laugh:

Best part is that this was the second time I got to use white text today...

How dare you insult her like that? Merry Palm is a wonderful person.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

But not all men are the same size so how is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad