OT: Off Topic thread: Sirquacksalot Does Not Respond Well to Spooky Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
****ing summer, finally some decent temperatures here. Can't wait for autumn gloomy weather! :nod:

We expected warm weather when we went to Italy, but the reported 36-38 °C degrees felt more like 45 °C. Definitely nice to be back in breezy Finland. :)

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
We expected warm weather when we went to Italy, but the reported 36-38 °C degrees felt more like 45 °C. Definitely nice to be back in breezy Finland. :)

It was around 40° the feeling. Rome in particular can feel like an oven, italian cities should be avoided in summer.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
In Las Vegas, that's the temperature four months of the year. Breezy Finland seems like a dream.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
CNOnL68UcAAY2CS.jpg

From HBWINGer27 on twitter

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Are there any motorcycle enthusiasts here? I was just given a pretty awesome, random, gift, and I don't know much about them personally.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
original 1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki. The best thing is it only has 34 miles on it so it's basically unused.

I've never been a motorcycle fan myself, but figured it's got to be somewhat valuable being that old and still new. Someone told me that a lot of people consider it the first "super bike" (whatever that means).

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
original 1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki. The best thing is it only has 34 miles on it so it's basically unused.

I've never been a motorcycle fan myself, but figured it's got to be somewhat valuable being that old and still new. Someone told me that a lot of people consider it the first "super bike" (whatever that means).

Cool. Can't say I know much about bikes either, but being "the first" of something often brings a cult following. The mileage is rather insane, does it run?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's a pretty remarkable gift, especially with those miles on it. Was it stored properly? You could certainly make a decent chunk of money, if you wanted to sell it. There are definitely some motorcycle enthusiasts who would be head over heels for that. It's no Vincent Black Knight, but really, that's quite a gift.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Sell it, and buy yourself something pretty.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Cool. Can't say I know much about bikes either, but being "the first" of something often brings a cult following. The mileage is rather insane, does it run?

yes. Although I didn't really want to drive it. Figured it'd be a collectors item more than a means of transportation.

edit: It started on 2nd kick (it has a kick start as well), I rode it around neighbordhood, and felt guilty when the miles went from 37 to 38. Thinking about draining all the fluids and putting it in the house in my "man cave". Just not sure how valuable it is, as I've never been a motorcycle guy.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That's a pretty remarkable gift, especially with those miles on it. Was it stored properly? You could certainly make a decent chunk of money, if you wanted to sell it. There are definitely some motorcycle enthusiasts who would be head over heels for that. It's no Vincent Black Knight, but really, that's quite a gift.

there is some minor chipping of the paint on the engine. It looks like whoever originally bought it, drove it for a little while and didn't empty the gas, and it leaked a bit. Still though, pretty remarkable condition (original paint and seat look good, nothing broken that I can see). The guy who gave it to me bought it as a collectors item and never drove this one (he had 3). Yes, he's very rich.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Sell it, and buy yourself something pretty.

the thought definitely has crossed my mind already, but I figure that if I hold onto it for 10 more years, it would go up in value. Plus, I don't really know if that's the right thing to do. Anyone know what the proper thing to do is for selling something giving to you? Lol do I need to wait a certain amount of time?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I don't know anything about bikes, but my dad has a 1972 Honda 750 that got featured in Cycle Canada once. Like his actual bike.

Vintage bikes are a pretty cool thing apparently.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

Fix it, get a motorcycle license and ride it on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad