OT: Off Topic thread: Sirquacksalot Does Not Respond Well to Spooky Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
About damn time too. Ford's been doing thing right for the last couple years.

Pretty much word for word what I was thinking. I used to have a 65 Mustang, so I have a soft spot for the car... but that platform was really out of date, even recently.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I see. Well, I guess I'm pretty picky on food...

You are italian....ofcourse you are picky with food. You guys have so much freaking awesome stuff!
(Ahhh....Once lived with a italian family for two weeks. Never been spoiled so much in my life. Italian mothers are the greatest thing ever)

I am NOT firing Sojourn out of a cannon into a chimichanga.

Total waste of a good chimichanga...

You are a moderator....Sojourn is a global moderator...Does that make Sojourn your boss?

:naughty:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Is it all Tex-Mex and not real Mexican?

More or less. They pride themselves on their Tex-Mex, but it's an abomination. To me it seems like Mexican food that's been watered down for the gringo. My theory is that the folks that know how to cook decent food must cater to the masses here and give them what they like, and people here have crappy taste in food lol (outside of southern food and BBQ.. it rocks). I'm really not a snob, either, I'm not terribly picky about what's good or bad food. The "authentic" Mex food places seem like they aren't even trying. Re-fried beans from a can. Taco shells out of a box like the ones you buy at the store. Meat is dry, with no flavor. Just sad.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I'm probably going to get rocks thrown at me ...

I don't like mexican food ... at all. It looks gross, it smells gross, it tastes gross. Putting beans in meat = gross. Putting beans in anything = gross. Texture of beans = gross.

I'm with admire ... if you just fed me Italian and Mediterranean food all day, everyday for the rest of my life and I could die happy.

*looks up phone number of witness protection program*

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I don't like mexican food ... at all. It looks gross, it smells gross, it tastes gross. Putting beans in meat = gross. Putting beans in anything = gross. Texture of beans = gross.

I'm with admire ... if you just fed me Italian and Mediterranean food all day, everyday for the rest of my life and I could die happy.

I'm not even sure if I've had real Mexican food up here in the Great White North, I don't think Taco Bell counts...

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Not all Mexican food has beans. Not even most Mexican food has beans in the dish. It's a side usually. Find a place with flies that doesn't take credit cards. That'll be your best bet for real Mexican food.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Tex-Mex is disgusting, flies = flavor. It has the alliteration to prove it.

One of the better traditional mexican places here in long beach has a bunch of slugs on the sidewalk next to it at night. It also has a fair share of stray chihuahuas that hang out in the parking lot.

Not sure if slugs+chihuahuas=flavor has the same ring to it though.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
My team just got invited to a tournament in Dallas this upcoming season, if we go I'm sure I'll be trying Snark's beloved Tex-Mex.

Plus there's a place just around the corner from home that makes the best poutine around, so I don't suffer.

While I do sort of feel bad for you, my depression is for more selfish reasons... I'll be living in that mexicanless great white north for the next 4 years and I love mexican food. :cry:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
While I do sort of feel bad for you, my depression is for more selfish reasons... I'll be living in that mexicanless great white north for the next 4 years and I love mexican food. :cry:

If you're in a big city you should be able to find it, Toronto especially is really diverse and has a bit of everything. Where I live out in the sticks, we have a lot of Italian and Chinese food places but for whatever reason the Mexicans haven't made their way out here.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
If you're in a big city you should be able to find it, Toronto especially is really diverse and has a bit of everything. Where I live out in the sticks, we have a lot of Italian and Chinese food places but for whatever reason the Mexicans haven't made their way out here.

Your lawns must look horrible :sarcasm:

DaDucks*

Not all Mexican food has beans. Not even most Mexican food has beans in the dish. It's a side usually. Find a place with flies that doesn't take credit cards. That'll be your best bet for real Mexican food.

this was a great post :laugh:

especially after I posted 4 pics of Mexican food with hardly any beans

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
You are italian....ofcourse you are picky with food. You guys have so much freaking awesome stuff!
(Ahhh....Once lived with a italian family for two weeks. Never been spoiled so much in my life. Italian mothers are the greatest thing ever)

Yeah, that's the point. My grandma used to be an amazing cook, michelin star chefs were nothing really.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
so...

CGwZrY8UAAANgVO.jpg

does that confirm it?

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
When did you find out you got into that school in Toronto, Roosky?

Congrats!! (don't think I've seen you mention it before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad