Off topic thread **** numbers, cyclists, and dentists who shoot lions

• Thread starter Captain Mittens*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
There's no middle ground though, Ron. People are either fanatical about guns or absolutely against them. It's disgusting.

Captain Mittens*

A shooting at a courthouse in Kentucky is now being reported

http://middlesborodailynews.com/news/2367/shooting-at-justice-center

Photo submitted Kentucky State Police troopers and Bell County Sheriff’s deputies are on the scene of a fatal shooting at the Bell County Justice Center. We have a reporter on the scene. More details to follow as they are received.

web1_Shooting.jpg

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This is my point. It is so much easier to create mass carnage just with a gun. It is much much more difficult to create such carnage with a knife.

The country's culture was created with guns. We needed them for the revolution, and that thinking has not changed in the past 400 years. It's not going to change. If there wasn't a serious movement to get rid of the guns after large losses of young life at our elementary schools, it's never going to happen.

That's when I lost hope for change. It seemed like the push was for more guns, not gun control, after Sandy Hook.

Ron*

That is because there isn't an easy solution.
People have been killing each other since the beginning of time without guns. It's a no win situation.

Guns make it soooo much easier.

Just think how many husbands and wives are rotting away in jail cells because they didn't have time to think before they pulled the trigger. True, you can still stab someone when they are sleeping, but I doubt that would have been a 100% replacement for not having a gun in your possession.

And an enraged husband, for sure, can still beat the **** out of his wife, but chances are she would recover, and still be alive to take him for all he had in a divorce. Not six feet under.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
I am totally against guns. Like none at all, even for cops and hunters. They should only be reserved for the armed forces or SWAT teams. Organizations like the NRA are POS and are part of the reason why so many people die. Agree 100% with Ron. Your skull can actually protect you against knife attacks and you can be quick enough to get out of the way. One gunshot aimed at someones head will almost for sure end someone's life. **** like this almost never happens in European countries where guns are illegal.

There are such thing as non lethal projectiles and tasers, even nightsticks. Hunters can use tranquilizer darts or hunt like humans did for thousands of years without gunpowder. There really is no excuse. Outlawing guns will cut down on so many unnecessary deaths.

I also agree with RP that our mental health care also has to get better. We need to get more people into
psychology and psychiatry, along with making these options for accessible to them.

Ron*

I am totally against guns. Like none at all, even for cops and hunters. They should only be reserved for the armed forces or SWAT teams. Organizations like the NRA are POS and are part of the reason why so many people die. Agree 100% with Ron. Your skull can actually protect you against knife attacks and you can be quick enough to get out of the way. One gunshot aimed at someones head will almost for sure end someone's life. **** like this almost never happens in European countries where guns are illegal.

There are such thing as non lethal projectiles and tasers, even nightsticks. Hunters can use tranquilizer darts or hunt like humans did for thousands of years without gunpowder. There really is no excuse. Outlawing guns will cut down on so many unnecessary deaths.

I also agree with RP that our mental health care also has to get better. We need to get more people into
psychology and psychiatry, along with making these options for accessible to them.

I said /thread.

Jesus, I go ahead and bump the OT thread you started, and you still post it here? Get with the program, Jeff.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
I was typing as you typed that so I didn't see it. It hasn't even hit a thousand posts yet.

Ron*

I was typing as you typed that so I didn't see it. It hasn't even hit a thousand posts yet.

Can't be too careful. This website can be totally destroyed at 1,001 posts in a thread, as you know. I was just trying to save it from crashing into a cataclysmic catastrophic catastrophe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad