OT: Off Topic Thread-For the Love of Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I watched a few episodes when it first started and wasn't hooked. I've seen a few here and there and wish I stuck with it. If its all available on demand I may try to get caught up marathon style

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Breaking Bad is on my list of shows to watch, but I've got a few ahead of it. Currently, we're nearly through season 2 of The Walking Dead, and I can't wait to get all caught up before it kicks off the new season in October. That show is fantastic.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Breaking Bad is on my list of shows to watch, but I've got a few ahead of it. Currently, we're nearly through season 2 of The Walking Dead, and I can't wait to get all caught up before it kicks off the new season in October. That show is fantastic.

Good luck. I love that show but it's all over the place.

Season 1 was amazing. Really good action, and still good stories with the characters (it got better as they killed off the non-core people and had more time for the important ones). Season 2 was slow. Painfully slow. Two things saved it; the barn, and the tension between Rick and Shane. Season 3 is a lot like the first season IMO, and they do a great job of making even the filler episodes entertaining, when the only purpose in 47 minutes is for one character to bring up a new question or something equally minor. I can't wait til it starts up again.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Good luck. I love that show but it's all over the place.

Season 1 was amazing. Really good action, and still good stories with the characters (it got better as they killed off the non-core people and had more time for the important ones). Season 2 was slow. Painfully slow. Two things saved it; the barn, and the tension between Rick and Shane. Season 3 is a lot like the first season IMO, and they do a great job of making even the filler episodes entertaining, when the only purpose in 47 minutes is for one character to bring up a new question or something equally minor. I can't wait til it starts up again.

Yeah, the search for the little girl dragged on for a long time in season 2, but other than that, I've really dug it. Plus, how hard core was it how they wrapped up the barn and Sophie story lines? I'm still amazed at how it all went down.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I just started them last July. Wasn't impressed, Walked away.

Was told to stay with it. Glad I did.

Here is the little secret, the show was not great for a while. Season 1 is meh, season 2 was okay, season 3 was good, and season 4 is one of the greatest things ever.

Season 5 has been really good.

The one thing that has been genuinely awesome from the get-go is the acting. Cranston and Paul alone are worth watching.

I think its the best show on TV. Great acting and great direction.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, the search for the little girl dragged on for a long time in season 2, but other than that, I've really dug it. Plus, how hard core was it how they wrapped up the barn and Sophie story lines? I'm still amazed at how it all went down.

I was an idiot and read a spoiler on the Sophia search, but it was still bad ass.

There are a couple more even better parts to season 2 that you'll be getting to very shortly. They ramped it up something fierce for the last few episodes.

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
Today: all of the homework
Tomorrow: last day of college forever
Wednesday: The Shining at the Brattle
Thursday: Chicago for five days!!! :handclap: Been a few times, boyfriend has not. Any recommendations? Favorite Chicago pizza / dog / bar?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was an idiot and read a spoiler on the Sophia search, but it was still bad ass.

There are a couple more even better parts to season 2 that you'll be getting to very shortly. They ramped it up something fierce for the last few episodes.

I've only got one more episode in season 2. The last one with the big showdown between Rick and Shane was crazy, but what they had happen to Dale the episode before was just insane. I really love how they have very little allegiance to any character, and you truly never know who's turn it's going to be to get axed. I accidentally read a couple of spoilers on season three, so I'm trying to avoid any more, so I don't wreck anything else.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thursday: Chicago for five days!!! :handclap: Been a few times, boyfriend has not. Any recommendations? Favorite Chicago pizza / dog / bar?

Been to Chicago a couple of times. Had pizza from Lou Malnati's and it was just meh. Not really all that impressed, despite the hype. Best place I ate in that town was Gibson's Steakhouse. The funniest part of that is that's the bar the guys from The League all supposedly hang out in.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've only got one more episode in season 2. The last one with the big showdown between Rick and Shane was crazy, but what they had happen to Dale the episode before was just insane. I really love how they have very little allegiance to any character, and you truly never know who's turn it's going to be to get axed. I accidentally read a couple of spoilers on season three, so I'm trying to avoid any more, so I don't wreck anything else.

That's been the best moment in the show for me so far. The way they built the tension for basically two full seasons was great, almost to a point it became real, like you could picture two best friends going down this path. Once Shane went off the deep end the whole story between those two really took off. Epic finale too.

What spoilers did you see for S3?

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

I considered making the trip to see the Shining and Room 237 at the Brattle, but I have a crazy week in front of me so I really can't.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's been the best moment in the show for me so far. The way they built the tension for basically two full seasons was great, almost to a point it became real, like you could picture two best friends going down this path. Once Shane went off the deep end the whole story between those two really took off. Epic finale too.

What spoilers did you see for S3?

My favorite parts of season two were Rick stepping up and putting an end to the Sophie piece, and then Shane asking Otis how many bullets he had left when they were running off from the walkers while getting the meds for Carl. Him turning and blasting Otis in the leg so he can get away was so badass. I'm really sorry to see him go. :laugh:

I was reading a story about them getting ready for the next season and they dropped a spoiler about Rick's wife, and I know that a couple of other long timers get the gate as well, but I don't know when or how.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lou Malnati's was the best pizza I ever had.

And The Walking Dead is an amazing looking show that has some of the dumbest writing ever in television history.

I personally didn't think it was anything special. It was on par with a lot of other deep dish pizzas I've had at various places.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I personally didn't think it was anything special. It was on par with a lot of other deep dish pizzas I've had at various places.

It was way lighter (on top of being way tastier).

I don't really like the normal type of Chicago deep dish. Like Giordano's. It was just a block of cheese. We got a small and still gave half of it to the guys working the doors at the hotel.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Reggie's Rock Club in the South Loop is one of the coolest club's I've ever been to. I always recommend it when people go to Chicago.

http://www.reggieslive.com/

Trattoria #10 is really good Italian food in a city that does Italian pretty well. It's on Dearborn in the Loop. Pequod's pizza is excellent stuff....they have a couple locations but the one I've been to is in Lincoln Park.

Frankly, you could spend all your time in Wrigleyville and find good stuff for everything you're looking for; food, bars, shopping, entertainment.

Have fun and congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad