OT: Off Topic Thread-For the Love of Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've read conflicting reports...if I'm having issues with my iphone's reception (specificaly imessages), do i go to verizon about that or the apple store?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Jesus I loved that dog I had 251 photos of her on my old phone. Just dropped her off to the vet and will get her ashes in a few weeks. I will get a new dog when I get my own place. My mother doesn't want do go through this again. This was her first dog.

Thank you everyone........Now that my sister was told I can now take an absence away from everything for awhile. I have to get used to the mindset that she is no longer around. I was just thinking I'm hungry I will get food later but I have to let Midnight in from the backyard...........I remember she's not there.

Maybe I'm being too dramatic

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Jesus I loved that dog I had 251 photos of her on my old phone. Just dropped her off to the vet and will get her ashes in a few weeks. I will get a new dog when I get my own place. My mother doesn't want do go through this again. This was her first dog.

Thank you everyone........Now that my sister was told I can now take an absence away from everything for awhile. I have to get used to the mindset that she is no longer around. I was just thinking I'm hungry I will get food later but I have to let Midnight in from the backyard...........I remember she's not there.

So sorry for your loss. :(

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I dont know if it's reception or an issue with the phoen.

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down the lock button and home button and let it reboot itself. A friend had absolutely no reception over the weekend and the hard reset fixed it. All her messages and phone calls came through after that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down the lock button and home button and let it reboot itself. A friend had absolutely no reception over the weekend and the hard reset fixed it. All her messages and phone calls came through after that.

I've restarted my phone probably 15 times. Switched on/off iMessages another 15 times. It's infuriating.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I switched off LTE and it seems to be working better. That's annoying though. Having an LTE phone and not being able to use the LTE when I'm in my office.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Had to call the management office at my apartment so they would fix my front door ASAP. The humidity is reeking havoc on my door jam and it has gotten so bad that once I have to kick my door to open it. Already bent one key and I can't afford to bend another.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH

Not at all.

As for your mother/parents: mine were the same way when we lost our first dog (Duke). I was still living at home, at the time, and kept hounding them (pun not intended) about the fact that the house is just not complete w/o one. I even started making calls to shelters looking for a new one, and when I found one that was supposed to be similar, I convinced them to go w/ me "just to look". Well, it turned out that the one I called about and her sister were there (puppies), and my mom really took a liking to one, while we also wanted the other, and we convinced the shelter to let us adopt both. When I moved away, they both stayed w/ my parents, and I got new dogs. Topaz and Emerald lived to 14, and passed away in 2010. Once they were gone, again, my parents grieved--they were their only remaining "kids", and again, I was on their case about getting another dog and saving another life. A short time later, my mom went looking for another dog and that's when she found Roxy, who they have now.

Once your parents get over the heartache, hopefully they'll realize that they will be saving a life, (and if you don't mind the hyperbole) possibly their own!

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Had to call the management office at my apartment so they would fix my front door ASAP. The humidity is reeking havoc on my door jam and it has gotten so bad that once I have to kick my door to open it. Already bent one key and I can't afford to bend another.

Not that I use it often, but I literally have to lower my shoulder into the front door of my house to open it. Much easier just to use the garage though. I'm surprised the flooring hasn't popped up in the middle too.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not that I use it often, but I literally have to lower my shoulder into the front door of my house to open it. Much easier just to use the garage though. I'm surprised the flooring hasn't popped up in the middle too.

I wish I had a second entrance. I am hoping they just give me a new door as the paint is peeling and there are so many modifications that have already been made by the previous tenants.

I'll gladly toss them an extra $200 to get a new door that's how bad it is.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I wish I had a second entrance. I am hoping they just give me a new door as the paint is peeling and there are so many modifications that have already been made by the previous tenants.

I'll gladly toss them an extra $200 to get a new door that's how bad it is.

You only have one entrance/exit door?!?? :amazed: IDK what Mass law says but in CT rental properties must have 2 in each unit so the tenant has two ways of escaping in the event of a fire. It cost us a small fortune to comply because we had to build fire escape stairs for the second & third floors along with installing the doors.

Being a landlord can really suck. :nod:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I was just thinking I'm hungry I will get food later but I have to let Midnight in from the backyard...........I remember she's not there.

No you're not - it's been over a year and I still look for Kira in the living room when I get up every morning - her head would pop up when I would say good morning to her. And, when we leave the house I still think 'we can't stay away too long because Kira will need to go out'.

She and Midnight can play together now - we'll see them later.....

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
You only have one entrance/exit door?!?? :amazed: IDK what Mass law says but in CT rental properties must have 2 in each unit so the tenant has two ways of escaping in the event of a fire. It cost us a small fortune to comply because we had to build fire escape stairs for the second & third floors along with installing the doors.

Being a landlord can really suck. :nod:

I'm on the 3rd floor and have one entrance but two exits - there's a back entrance but it's through the landlord's apartment, so we're not allowed to enter through it, but would be possible to exit.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Today has turned into an absolute bleepshow and I want to cry.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Not at all.

As for your mother/parents: mine were the same way when we lost our first dog (Duke). I was still living at home, at the time, and kept hounding them (pun not intended) about the fact that the house is just not complete w/o one. I even started making calls to shelters looking for a new one, and when I found one that was supposed to be similar, I convinced them to go w/ me "just to look". Well, it turned out that the one I called about and her sister were there (puppies), and my mom really took a liking to one, while we also wanted the other, and we convinced the shelter to let us adopt both. When I moved away, they both stayed w/ my parents, and I got new dogs. Topaz and Emerald lived to 14, and passed away in 2010. Once they were gone, again, my parents grieved--they were their only remaining "kids", and again, I was on their case about getting another dog and saving another life. A short time later, my mom went looking for another dog and that's when she found Roxy, who they have now.

Once your parents get over the heartache, hopefully they'll realize that they will be saving a life, (and if you don't mind the hyperbole) possibly their own!

I've had four dogs and six cats since getting my first dog when I was 12, and all but one were rescues. I've held most of them as they breathed their last, the most recent when I bid farewell to my sweet little corgi in March 2011. Even now when I walk through the park I can see her happily running along, off her leash and loving it. I miss her terribly and want nothing more than to honor her memory with another dog (and/or cat), but my husband won't go for it. :(

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Just remember.

MV5BMTIyMjI5MTUxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDI0ODY5._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

Bi Coastal Bawse*

This house is painfully empty and filled with reminders. Only thing helping me out and making crack at least a small smile is the train horn prank videos on youtube

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Few more days and you'll be heading south. Hold on, kiddo!

I know I know.

Today was one of those days where I worked a little late, came home and showered because I felt gross, and then hopped right back on email. I need a nap and a huge glass of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad