OT: Off Topic Thread-Fall is Approaching...Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I saw a girl snorting heroin off of a steel bench at the Commuter Rail station in Lynn today. It was so blatant and awkward. And I didn't know whether I should confront her or call the cops, I ended up doing nothing and I'm a bit disappointed in myself. There were legit toddlers and parents on the platform too.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I saw a girl snorting heroin off of a steel bench at the Commuter Rail station in Lynn today. It was so blatant and awkward. And I didn't know whether I should confront her or call the cops, I ended up doing nothing and I'm a bit disappointed in myself. There were legit toddlers and parents on the platform too.

Stay classy Lynn, MA!!

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

Struggling. :( I find myself wanting to say...maybe get her a cup of coffee.....but then I think idk

qc

Aug 23, 2011
My best friend is the case manager for the homeless shelter in Lynn. I described the girl to him and he insta-knew who I was talking about. Hopefully he has the plums to do something, I know I don't. You should hear some of his stories from the graveyard shift, they'd make you lose all hope in humanity.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
My best friend is the case manager for the homeless shelter in Lynn. I described the girl to him and he insta-knew who I was talking about. Hopefully he has the plums to do something, I know I don't. You should hear some of his stories from the graveyard shift, they'd make you lose all hope in humanity.

I want to believe people are inherently good.

I pull for people to step out of whatever situation they are in and love themselves.

i really do

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I pull for people to step out of whatever situation they are in and love themselves.

i really do

That's how about 98% of us feel.

It's the other 2%, +\- that are the problem.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

i really do

Yeah I lean that way too. It's easy to look at people like that with disgust, but it's hard for me to do that when I've had friends (who are wonderful people) turn to drugs or crime.

And it kills me to hear of my buddy having to turn away people from the shelter because of overcrowding. It's first come first serve, so he has had to turn away homeless mothers because someone else got there first. :(

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
everyone struggles.... it is up to us as humans to look at other people and say..."they are just like me" and feel compassion .

if you empathize and feel some of their pain.....energy flows and hearts open.

yet sometime people have to fight their own demons before they can step away...

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

I saw a guy shooting up outside of popeyes last year. ***** gross.

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
All the talk about Kowloon's the other day got me craving Chinese food! I wish I was closer to it but my local place will have to do. Extra spicy orange chicken here I come!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
All the talk about Kowloon's the other day got me craving Chinese food! I wish I was closer to it but my local place will have to do. Extra spicy orange chicken here I come!

So very jealous right now. Want kung pao badly but the wife never has interest in getting it...:laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I have already lost hope in humanity :laugh:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Was going to get mine before the end of August, but they told me I really shouldn't go swimming for 2 weeks after, so I'm going to hold off until the end of September.

Yeah, I have legit no time to go to the beach the rest of the summer so it didn't really matter to me. I tend to get all of my work done between October and April though, because of that reason.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Finally found a dress for the wedding I have to attend to this weekend. My anxiety can be relieved a bit.

Can't wait for it to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad