OT: Off Topic Thread-Fall is Approaching...Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Fall is my favorite season TBQH

Seconded. By far the best time of the year. Football and hockey starting, baseball playoffs. 70 degrees in the day, 40ish at night. Great sleeping weather. Can't beat it at all.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Best time of year. Football is back. Hockey is gearing up. Oktoberfest beers are starting to hit the shelves. For me, the weather is the absolute best. Lovin it.

acr*

Seconded. By far the best time of the year. Football and hockey starting, baseball playoffs. 70 degrees in the day, 40ish at night. Great sleeping weather. Can't beat it at all.
I love when it starts to get dark at 5:30 and the air is crisp and cool, but not freezing. Plus the leaves are pretty and ****.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I love Autumn, on the flip-side I effing hate winter. Been delivering food for a local pizza place (don't hate I'm only 23) and when it snows everyone orders delivery. Worst thing in the world(aside the Montreal Canadiens.):rant:

Edit: Although I give credit to my 2005 Sentra Specv 6 spd with Blizzak. Does drive well in the snow.

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
Reggie's Rock Club in the South Loop is one of the coolest club's I've ever been to. I always recommend it when people go to Chicago.

http://www.reggieslive.com/

Trattoria #10 is really good Italian food in a city that does Italian pretty well. It's on Dearborn in the Loop. Pequod's pizza is excellent stuff....they have a couple locations but the one I've been to is in Lincoln Park.

Frankly, you could spend all your time in Wrigleyville and find good stuff for everything you're looking for; food, bars, shopping, entertainment.

Have fun and congrats.

Thanks! We rented a condo in Ukrainian Village. I checked out Pequod's last year and enjoyed the place but didn't love the pizza. Meant to try Lou Malnati's but ended up at a delivery joint instead of the actual restaurant.

Been to Chicago a couple of times. Had pizza from Lou Malnati's and it was just meh. Not really all that impressed, despite the hype. Best place I ate in that town was Gibson's Steakhouse. The funniest part of that is that's the bar the guys from The League all supposedly hang out in.

Definitely gonna check out Gibson's. Good to hear the food is worth it too.

icyblue

Sep 21, 2005
Fall is my favorite season, even though it means winter is coming... The only thing I like about winter is Bruins hockey. Summer here hasn't been too hot, but there's been way way way way too much rain for my liking so I haven't been enjoying it as much as I could.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thanks! We rented a condo in Ukrainian Village. I checked out Pequod's last year and enjoyed the place but didn't love the pizza. Meant to try Lou Malnati's but ended up at a delivery joint instead of the actual restaurant.

Definitely gonna check out Gibson's. Good to hear the food is worth it too.

I was there on a business trip, and the per diem was like $60 dollars per day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I ended up dropping something like $150 bucks on my dinner alone. My coworkers did the same and when we expensed it, my boss approved mine, but the other two guys had theirs rejected because they had a different boss. They had to pay the difference between the per diem and their bill. It was great.

For the record, I had a bone in ribeye, and it was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad