OT: Off Topic Thread-Fall is Approaching...Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Some dude on the internets with too much time on his hands decided take Dolly Parton's "Jolene" and slow it down 25% from 45 rpm to 33 rpm.

In said dude's defense, it sounds amazing. My mind was blown when I heard it.

[Yt]CzYHllLv_IE[/MEDIA]

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Thanks everyone:)

I am glad we both did too! As much as you try to play it off as nothing, it truly is terrifying.

I felt it last Thursday night and thought it was an acne cyst at first (had plenty of em as a teen). Friday afternoon i made a drs appointment for Monday thinking that i would just call to cancel it when the swelling went down. It didn't so I kept the appointment.

I ended up with a low grade fever (99.4) that afternoon which is not only high for me (97.0 baseline) but freaked me out more. After practically choking me during my exam the Dr. ordered an ultrasound but no blood work (odd). I got really lucky and was able to get an early appointment for Tuesday morning. The tech immediately found the lump and explained what she was seeing. It was pretty cool yet terrifying.

I probably should have asked about blood work but I was exhausted when the Dr. called Tuesday afternoon.

They don't know what is causing it to swell or why I have a temp. Tylenol is all they told me to take. I go back in late September for a follow up.

Fingers crossed:)

Ultrasounds are my worst fear right now.
After going through them with our first baby then with my bloodclot. I am terrified of that sound.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Yup! Excellent story. Bit of a slow read to start, but super interesting.

That stuff fascinates me.

She's written a sequel - "Triumph: Life after the Cult" - that includes her involvement with the mess in Texas when the state tried to liberate young women and children trapped by the so-called church. Remember that? Just a heart-breaking story.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
What is the point of hanging straps?

seriously? I spend more time cutting them than using them

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Some dude on the internets with too much time on his hands decided take Dolly Parton's "Jolene" and slow it down 25% from 45 rpm to 33 rpm.

In said dude's defense, it sounds amazing. My mind was blown when I heard it.

[Yt]CzYHllLv_IE[/MEDIA]

That's pretty interesting, if not slightly creepy. Sounds kind of menacing, like Johnny Cash covering Hurt by NIN...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Here's an amazing photo my buddy took of me on the swings a few years ago. They're pretty much pure joy.

Just saw this ? Wait till Lou finds out you're a swinger, can cook, likes sports, and pays half the rent. I've seen stuff around the holidays on the Hallmark Channel that have less of a story line than you and your new guy. Ashley Williams can play you not sure who plays the boy friend or Lou.

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
Nothing like breaking your middle toe on your foot a week before our house has to be ready to host my husband's cousin's wedding! :rant::rant:

My older daughter goes back to college this weekend and cant help but a note to everyone who has kids......

Teach them how to clean up after themselves and how to clean things the right way instead of half arse. Glad I did ... my youngest while I was at work today cleaned up the whole downstairs for me :heart: Dont be one of these parents that dont teach their kids and responsibility and how to help out. Today teaching her how to pick up has helped me so much.

Off to the lake to soak the toe in cool water. I have gardening to do later on even through the aching!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Nothing like breaking your middle toe on your foot a week before our house has to be ready to host my husband's cousin's wedding! :rant::rant:

My older daughter goes back to college this weekend and cant help but a note to everyone who has kids......

Teach them how to clean up after themselves and how to clean things the right way instead of half arse. Glad I did ... my youngest while I was at work today cleaned up the whole downstairs for me :heart: Dont be one of these parents that dont teach their kids and responsibility and how to help out. Today teaching her how to pick up has helped me so much.

Off to the lake to soak the toe in cool water. I have gardening to do later on even through the aching!

Oh damn! Hope you heal up quickly!!! (((MH1))) :heart:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Today has been a crazy day at work.

All good things, I hope, but absolutely insane.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
At least the day's going by quick?

My day is dragging.

It was....now it's come to a halt. I have spin class at 5:30 so I'm counting down to that.

WHo counts down to being tortured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad