OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VII: No Loungin', Bae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
The neat thing about that video is that the Calgary Police actually were able to ticket the owner of the vehicle a whopping $113. :facepalm:

Exactly what was criminal about their inadequacy?
Yes, they backed into a vehicle - that's not a criminal matter, it's a matter of insurance.
The person in question was charged for unsafe backing of her vehicle which is clear but it's not like it was malicious.

Her insurance premiums will go up like crazy though.

I'm not defending poor driving, I am just saying there's nothing wrong with what the police charged her for.

May 27, 2012
Earth
GioforNorris_Wi.png

found this when I searched Jay Bouwmeester.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Silly question, but is/was anyone here into Pokemon at all?

My nephew just turned 7 and he's picked up an interested in Pokemon since starting school this year. He was showing me his cards a few weeks ago and I was really pleased to see he was excited in trying to read the details of the characters to me, even going as far as sounding out big words for me. I'd like to use this enthusiasm and get him to read a bit more. Is there anything Pokemon related beyond the trading cards that I could get him that he might enjoy reading through, like a big book that tell facts and stories about characters he likes?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

My nephew just turned 7 and he's picked up an interested in Pokemon since starting school this year. He was showing me his cards a few weeks ago and I was really pleased to see he was excited in trying to read the details of the characters to me, even going as far as sounding out big words for me. I'd like to use this enthusiasm and get him to read a bit more. Is there anything Pokemon related beyond the trading cards that I could get him that he might enjoy reading through, like a big book that tell facts and stories about characters he likes?

A brief search seems to indicate that the answer to your question is "yeah, tonnes."

Here's one place to start: http://www.scholastic.ca/titles/pokemon/

May 27, 2012
Earth

I like the games that is about. When I was younger I was into the other stuff, there are books/walkthrough on the games that come out. He could read those I suppose,since he is only 7 he won't need to play the games because he would be too interested in the book. I haven't bought one of the in a very long time, but the price I remember it being was 20 doll hairs.

There is a Pokemon thread if you want to ask there. Or you could PM DBU :sarcasm:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1780653

edit: Also what Angelsmith posted. Lol I remember scholastic back in the day.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I have 52% in my current class that I am about to go into my exam tomorrow. I have achieved 31/60 for the weight. The exam is worth 40% lol. What would I need on the exam to achieve a 60 at least. This exam is all on excel too. :cry:

You should know how to figure that out if the exam is on Excel :laugh:

You will need 29/40 to get 60 in the class.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I like the games that is about. When I was younger I was into the other stuff, there are books/walkthrough on the games that come out. He could read those I suppose,since he is only 7 he won't need to play the games because he would be too interested in the book. I haven't bought one of the in a very long time, but the price I remember it being was 20 doll hairs.

There is a Pokemon thread if you want to ask there. Or you could PM DBU :sarcasm:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1780653

edit: Also what Angelsmith posted. Lol I remember scholastic back in the day.

Yeah, I was searching and came across the Pokemon Essential Handbook and was along the lines of what I had in mind.

mqdefault.jpg

I'll grab him a couple of those Scholastic books too in case he's interested in stuff with fewer pictures.

May 27, 2012
Earth
You should know how to figure that out if the exam is on Excel :laugh:

You will need 29/40 to get 60 in the class.

I need to know a handful of functions on excel, i know most but some are kind of difficult to remember what they do.

Need to know a payoff table and other crap along with it, has a lot of probability.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
>works in trades
>only 1 exam a year for 4 years
>very easy
>make 60-100k a year

Baffles me in a thriving province like Alberta people still go the University route.

I understand we have a need for everyone. Hell I got hired on a new site with an Engineer starting as a green hire because he couldn't find any work.

May 27, 2012
Earth
>works in trades
>very easy
>make 60-100k a year

Baffles me in a thriving province like Alberta people still go the University route.

I understand we have a need for everyone. Hell I got hired on a new site with an Engineer starting as a green hire because he couldn't find any work.

I was going to do the heavy equipment technician program but chose Accounting because I changed my mind about leaving town for it.

I am also not in University.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
>works in trades
>very easy
>make 60-100k a year

But I like sitting in my comfy chair at my desk.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
>works in trades
>very easy
>make 60-100k a year

for me

drop out of school
bum around
work crappy jobs
finally gets decent job
fall into management position because I'm the only person that understands hard work
profit?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
>works in trades
>very easy
>make 60-100k a year

I like computers. :laugh: Well, that's why I was in IT. Now I'm in business because I suck at IT. And I just have no desire to work a trade, nothing against it, I just know it's not for me, lol
for me

drop out of school
bum around
work crappy jobs
finally gets decent job
fall into management position because I'm the only person that understands hard work
profit?

Bummed around for 3 years and hated my life by the end of it! That's why I decided to go to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad