OT: Off Topic Thread-AS Summer Ends and the Colors of Fall Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
reading that list about the T has me convinced I'd either be Dead or in Jail if i used it everyday

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
So it turns out that if your air conditioner is pumping out foul smelling air, the answer is NOT to spray it with Febreeze and hope that it fixes the problem.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So it turns out that if your air conditioner is pumping out foul smelling air, the answer is NOT to spray it with Febreeze and hope that it fixes the problem.

You need to take the casing off the unit and clean the condenser. It's really, really gross BTW. When you see what's in there, you may not want to use the thing going forward. :laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You need to take the casing off the unit and clean the condenser. It's really, really gross BTW. When you see what's in there, you may not want to use the thing going forward. :laugh:

Might be in the market for a new AC. It's making a horrible noise now.

OOOOOOOOPPPPS.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

LMAO--cleaned mine with Green Clean to make it smell nice too.

apparently I hv mold.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Febreze lol? That will only mask the foul odor for a while and then it will be back to the same or even smelling even worse when the mask wears off.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I guess this is a good place to post this since Bruins fans will care most.

I went to New England Picture in the South Shore Plaza today, dead set on getting the flying Bobby Orr picture autographed. It's something I think every Bruins fan should own and with the excitement of NHL hockey starting back up, I figured now was as good a time as any for me to own one! I found it, knew they'd have it, and was trying to see what they can do for a better price, the "sale" price was $400 and "original" price was $600. I use quotes on those because they're always on "sale" if you take those prices seriously.

I got an 8"x10" of Johnny Bucyk for $40, figured it was too important part of Bruins history to let one of the greats autograph go for just $40 so that was the first thing I picked up. I asked if there's a discount if you buy more, she knocked the Bobby Orr picture down from $400 to $300. Cool, save myself a $100! I was going in ready to spend $400 based on their website. I called my brother to see if he wanted one, she said if I got two, I could take each for $275. Even better! I picked one up for my brother. The frame itself is 23"x27" and the picture is 13"x19.5", so these aren't some small pictures, they're big to be the focal point of any man cave.

As I was looking around to see what else they had, something struck my eye. Something that holds a huge importance to Bruins history but isn't talked about as much as Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, etc, I'm sure most people outside of Boston that were too young when it happened or not even born yet never even heard of the incident. And that is a framed autographed picture of Terry O'Reilly climbing into the stands to beat up some fans at MSG. I saw it and knew I had to have it. It was marked at $150, since I was already buying 3 other autographs, she marks it down to $90. Which is about how much I saved on the Bobby Orr picture anyway. I took a picture of the O'Reilly one here:

6p688g.jpg

Excuse the terrible quality and size, I'm quite a bit outdated when it comes to cell phones. I can get pictures of the Orr one too but figured everyone knows what that'll look like.

Lesson of the day, when at a sports memorabilia store, haggle prices! Never thought they were going to drop prices as much as they did and will be big welcome to remodeling my room. :D

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I just made chili with the MccCormick HOT chili mix and I had a leftover jalapeno pepper from my garden that was red when I picked it... Anyway my face is on fire just from standing over the pot mixing it before I put it in the crock pot. I like hot and spicy food but I hope I didn't go overboard lol. :madfire:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I just made chili with the MccCormick HOT chili mix and I had a leftover jalapeno pepper from my garden that was red when I picked it... Anyway my face is on fire just from standing over the pot mixing it before I put it in the crock pot. I like hot and spicy food but I hope I didn't go overboard lol. :madfire:

Relax, it's only a jalapeno and not a ghost chili. It won't be too hot.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Yeah, this is pretty good. My commutes are generally pretty tame since I leave early enough to where trains aren't super packed yet...plus I started taking the rail...but before that time, good god, some days the Red Line is truly gawker worthy. The Red Line by nature of all the college students is always good for the drunk roving groups or students with backpacks the size of small children.

I was well on my way to compiling a "People of the T" coffee table book. My favorite was the guy who's t-shirt proudly proclaimed "I'm a Juggalo, not a gang member." Well, yeah.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Question about this fantasy hockey thing- is it time consuming? I'd love to try it but I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to devote a lot of time to it.

You can honestly devote as little or as much time as you want.

At best, you set your lineup Monday mornings (usually when the week starts) keep up with significant injuries and be able to swap out players from your starters to your bench if that happens, then maybe check mid-week to see how things are going. Plus, I think it's a bunch that won't be too ultra-competitive about it...for the most part. I might have one or two matchups I'll wanna dominate for bragging rights but that's about it. :laugh:

Some people get a little crazy about it...not mentioning any names of course :D...but I've found it a great way to keep up on players and teams (especially out in the barren lands of the west) that we don't always hear about on the Right coast.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So ya...made it in the door with 12 bags of groceries in two trips.

I refuse to go back to the car more than once.

Keep in mind the whole -left-hand-weak reality....and

be amazed :)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I guess this is a good place to post this since Bruins fans will care most.

I went to New England Picture in the South Shore Plaza today, dead set on getting the flying Bobby Orr picture autographed. It's something I think every Bruins fan should own and with the excitement of NHL hockey starting back up, I figured now was as good a time as any for me to own one! I found it, knew they'd have it, and was trying to see what they can do for a better price, the "sale" price was $400 and "original" price was $600. I use quotes on those because they're always on "sale" if you take those prices seriously.

I got an 8"x10" of Johnny Bucyk for $40, figured it was too important part of Bruins history to let one of the greats autograph go for just $40 so that was the first thing I picked up. I asked if there's a discount if you buy more, she knocked the Bobby Orr picture down from $400 to $300. Cool, save myself a $100! I was going in ready to spend $400 based on their website. I called my brother to see if he wanted one, she said if I got two, I could take each for $275. Even better! I picked one up for my brother. The frame itself is 23"x27" and the picture is 13"x19.5", so these aren't some small pictures, they're big to be the focal point of any man cave.

As I was looking around to see what else they had, something struck my eye. Something that holds a huge importance to Bruins history but isn't talked about as much as Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, etc, I'm sure most people outside of Boston that were too young when it happened or not even born yet never even heard of the incident. And that is a framed autographed picture of Terry O'Reilly climbing into the stands to beat up some fans at MSG. I saw it and knew I had to have it. It was marked at $150, since I was already buying 3 other autographs, she marks it down to $90. Which is about how much I saved on the Bobby Orr picture anyway. I took a picture of the O'Reilly one here:

6p688g.jpg

Excuse the terrible quality and size, I'm quite a bit outdated when it comes to cell phones. I can get pictures of the Orr one too but figured everyone knows what that'll look like.

Lesson of the day, when at a sports memorabilia store, haggle prices! Never thought they were going to drop prices as much as they did and will be big welcome to remodeling my room. :D

Now that is a shopping expedition I can get into! Congratulations on your haul :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad