OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
PSA for those local to Malden:

Dom’s original steak tips are on sale today through 1/4 for $9.99/lb. This is not a drill.

Just went and got 4 lbs for the freezer and a 5 lb bag for a Yankee Swap tomorrow with a $50 price tag. Going to be the hot gift :D

You’re welcome in advance.

Reactions: sooshii

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
another good thing about this freezing weather is that its keeping the panhandlers from peering through my truck at every light in worcester.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Scariest day of my life... We walked into our mortgage holder's office this afternoon and turned the keys to the house I've owned for 30 years over to them. Biggest surprise...? They are working with us and our credit won't be destroyed!

Long story longer... Two and a half years on the market in one of CT's most depressed towns. No sale. Marked down to the mortgage balance - still no sale. We closed on our new place in KY on Halloween and plan to make the move there when the accessible mods are done in 5 weeks.

While we were able to secure/afford a mortgage on both places there's no way we're living in both! Renting from 900 miles away isn't an option either.

We're not thrilled about the fact we aren't making a nickel but it's just so much stress relieved.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
A ska band from Japan just opened for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. What a world.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Send me some video!!!! Where are they playing?

House of Blues, annual 3-night show called Hometown Throwdown. Happens right after every Christmas. I went to my first one in...1998 (?). I was in high school, it was at The Middle East I’m Cambridge, and my friends Mom took me, my friend, and her brother.

I’ve seen the bosstones probably more than any other band, although Pearl Jam is getting close. Dropkick Murphys not far behind. Then Foo Fighers, OAR, and Guster (I know...I’m weird).

Ask seem Petty, Steely Dan, and Steve Winwood multiple times.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Dicky Barrett still kills it. As long as you go on the early end of the booking before his voice shits the bed. Seen a few shows where the crowd sang the last 5-6 songs :laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Great show. Took this of the set...forgot it was the 20th anniversary of the Hometown Throwdown.

Miss the days at the Middle East. Apart from it being an amazing venue, my aunt and uncle used to own a pizza shop across the street which proved useful for me when waiting for a ride home :laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Great show. Took this of the set...forgot it was the 20th anniversary of the Hometown Throwdown.

Miss the days at the Middle East. Apart from it being an amazing venue, my aunt and uncle used to own a pizza shop across the street which proved useful for me when waiting for a ride home :laugh:

:cry::cry::cry:

GetImage.ashx

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So we collected gifts and things for a gal at work who is having a tough time. She's trying to leave an abusive relationship--has a 3 yr old.
She was so grateful receiving her gifts, and speechless. The little dude loved his Christmas. Good on my co-workers.

I can remember when someone, two people, actually, on this very forum helped me when I was by myself trying to survive.

always pay it forward.

beautiful. My approach to this has changed drastically over the years as I have changed. I NEVER would have reached out and helped before, far too self centered and selfish. I now deliver a massive Turkey each Christmas to the recovery house I lived, volunteer at our food bank twice a month and we donate monthly with food to the SPCA where we got our late pooch from.

We found a Visa card sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store here 2 weeks before Christmas, the person I was would have scooped that up and used it until the machine said I`d reached my limit with 0 guilt. We came home, immediately hit google to try and locate the person involved, thankfully he had a unique name and was rather simple to find. An elderly gentleman who was more than grateful that we returned his card which he had no clue he had even dropped.

Pay it forward indeed.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Scariest day of my life... We walked into our mortgage holder's office this afternoon and turned the keys to the house I've owned for 30 years over to them. Biggest surprise...? They are working with us and our credit won't be destroyed!

Long story longer... Two and a half years on the market in one of CT's most depressed towns. No sale. Marked down to the mortgage balance - still no sale. We closed on our new place in KY on Halloween and plan to make the move there when the accessible mods are done in 5 weeks.

While we were able to secure/afford a mortgage on both places there's no way we're living in both! Renting from 900 miles away isn't an option either.

We're not thrilled about the fact we aren't making a nickel but it's just so much stress relieved.
Great news!!
congrats, friend. Sounds like new territory will be a great change.

we are looking to relocate in 2019-20. Would love to do it now--as in NOW, but we already started the wedding planning, etc. Dont really want to plan it from 8,000 miles away.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So....ya, looking for a new job. My boss created drama last night at 4:30pm when the other top dogs bullied her. So I'm left making changes to a graphic on a Sat. morning of a holiday weekend. This is the second or third time it's happened.
Theres no growth potential there for me and they dont have enough work for me to do. despite the fact I just got an increase, it's not fulfilling and it's stripping my joy.

Graphic designer/communications/photographer/social media/candoandprefernonprofit
for hire.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Great news!!
congrats, friend. Sounds like new territory will be a great change.

we are looking to relocate in 2019-20. Would love to do it now--as in NOW, but we already started the wedding planning, etc. Dont really want to plan it from 8,000 miles away.
Literally 8000 miles?
Boston to Honolulu is only 5000 mi!
Hmmmmmmm....

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Glad for the better than expected outcome, Ron. Good luck with the renovations & move.
Thanks. We are anxious to get there but running these contractors from afar is like herding cats.

I'm gonna miss my son though. He stopped over after work last night for a minute... ended up playing chess with his nephew for 2 hours.

Reactions: Kovi and sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad