OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Since we can not longer go to see Tom Petty :( my daughter got us tickets to see Jackson Browne in May in Boston. Looks like very good seats.

She and I miss Tom Petty. :(

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday with their loved ones.

Jackson has always puts on a great show. It should be fun. I met my husband at a JB concert in 1978 and we go see him every chance we get.
I went to college in Erie. I hear it’s very nice IN THE SUMMER. I just remember digging for hours before I knew if I was working on the right car.
:cold:

Reactions: Fenway and Ladyfan

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Not even 9 am and I’m thinking it’s naptime.

Vacation is so great

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Love Jackson Browne and Tom Petty.

I've been trying to be the bigger person and be fair and equitable in ending things with my wife.

Unfortunately, it feels like nuclear war is inevitable.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Trying to not get into the habit of staying up late and sleeping in.

During school, I'm in bed by 9:45 and up by 4:45

That's become 10:45 and 6:00 the past week...

That’s why I’m tired. Today is my “transition day”. Sleep schedule has been all messed up and I got up at 5:30 to go to the gym at my normal time. Today is going to be rough but even if I doze for a bit this morning I should be getting back on track.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I've been trying to be the bigger person and be fair and equitable in ending things with my wife.

Be fair and equitable, but don't get taken advantage of. Stand up for yourself, and if you need to, get a lawyer. The main purpose of the lawyer is to protect you. It may cost you a little now, but could save you even more in the long run. As for belongings, claim what have value for you. You may find that it's easier than you may be fearing. I wish you luck.

Reactions: Kovi and iRONic™

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Jackson has always puts on a great show. It should be fun. I met my husband at a JB concert in 1978 and we go see him every chance we get.
I went to college in Erie. I hear it’s very nice IN THE SUMMER. I just remember digging for hours before I knew if I was working on the right car.
:cold:

Amanda and I went to see Tom Petty once and Jackson was opening for Tom. He was very good !

That is cool that you met your hubby at a JB concert !

Reactions: sooshii

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Good luck. Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for you and the rest of us.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
Whoop Whoop! I was fourth in line at my grocery store today, which means free groceries to the tune of $157.

I’m a Coupon Queen thanks to my late Nana. Today is her birthday so I think she had a hand in this. :heart:

Wait.... What now? What's THAT all about?? How do I get in on that action?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Wait.... What now? What's THAT all about?? How do I get in on that action?
My store (Giant in PA) has a policy - exclusions during snow storms or if all lanes are open.
4th in Line Guarantee
Policy: Our guarantee is we will keep the customer’s checkout experience a priority by reacting to checkout lines. If a customer is “4th in Line” at mainline/carousel manned lanes we will offer the customer free groceries.
  • A Checkout Coach (Front End Lead) or member of our Store Management Team will notify the Customer if we fall short of this guarantee.
  • If you were 4th in line, there are 3 other customers in every other manned checkout lane (exclusions apply) and you were not contacted by a Checkout Coach or member of our Store Management Team please contact one of them before you leave the store.
Free food for me!

Reactions: BMC

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Be fair and equitable, but don't get taken advantage of. Stand up for yourself, and if you need to, get a lawyer. The main purpose of the lawyer is to protect you. It may cost you a little now, but could save you even more in the long run. As for belongings, claim what have value for you. You may find that it's easier than you may be fearing. I wish you luck.

this is really good advice right here.

We didnt use lawyers...it ended up fair, but I could have asked for a lot more and would have struggled far less.
yet...the lesson in standing on your own two feet....:nod:

Best of luck!

Reactions: iRONic™

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm working half days this week. I learned the hard way that the work will always be there but I won't be able to do it if I'm burned out.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So we collected gifts and things for a gal at work who is having a tough time. She's trying to leave an abusive relationship--has a 3 yr old.
She was so grateful receiving her gifts, and speechless. The little dude loved his Christmas. Good on my co-workers.

I can remember when someone, two people, actually, on this very forum helped me when I was by myself trying to survive.

always pay it forward.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So we collected gifts and things for a gal at work who is having a tough time. She's trying to leave an abusive relationship--has a 3 yr old.
She was so grateful receiving her gifts, and speechless. The little dude loved his Christmas. Good on my co-workers.

I can remember when someone, two people, actually, on this very forum helped me when I was by myself trying to survive.

always pay it forward.

That is the key. Well done by you. I could never repay the blessings I have received in my life, but I try at every chance I get. We all need to do the best we can helping those that need it, so when they can, they can help those that need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad