OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Great news!!
congrats, friend. Sounds like new territory will be a great change.

we are looking to relocate in 2019-20. Would love to do it now--as in NOW, but we already started the wedding planning, etc. Dont really want to plan it from 8,000 miles away.
Starting over is a challenge but the end result will be priceless. Not having a foreclosure on our CR is important to us.

We waited too long to head west. This property appraised at 235k 5 years ago.

Reactions: Kovi

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
beautiful. My approach to this has changed drastically over the years as I have changed. I NEVER would have reached out and helped before, far too self centered and selfish. I now deliver a massive Turkey each Christmas to the recovery house I lived, volunteer at our food bank twice a month and we donate monthly with food to the SPCA where we got our late pooch from.

We found a Visa card sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store here 2 weeks before Christmas, the person I was would have scooped that up and used it until the machine said I`d reached my limit with 0 guilt. We came home, immediately hit google to try and locate the person involved, thankfully he had a unique name and was rather simple to find. An elderly gentleman who was more than grateful that we returned his card which he had no clue he had even dropped.

Pay it forward indeed.

yeeikes! i've had periods of dubious judgment but that particular one, barring hardship like homelessness, I would never have done.

congrats on your evolution. for me it's the days when i TRULY can get cut off by some oblivious @#$! and stay completely calm and not try to track them down and give them some what for. that's my growth. i've followed more than a few. this is of course because i am a superior, elitely safe driver and pretty much everyone else is on their cell phone and horribly unbright to begin with.

but J says forgive so I must.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I can’t believe it’s been 2 years already.

I wish someone had warned me that year 2 is where the anger comes into play.

God I miss my dad.

3 years for me Dec 5th.
Doesnt seem to get easier but does get different I guess. More like waves of emotions. Depending on what triggers them.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I lost it went I read this

Woman battling cancer gets married hours before passing away

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -
A photo has gone viral of a cancer patient marrying the love of her life before passing away 18 hours later.

The wedding happened at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford just a few days before Christmas.
"It reminds me of someone who is crossing the finish line of a marathon or something," said David Mosher.
David is the husband of Heather Mosher, who passed away just 18 hours after getting married.

"Nobody thought she would've made it that far. She proved them all wrong and that's what that photo says to me," David said.

Christina Kara is the bridesmaid who capture the pure joy and defiance in the face of death.
"She's getting to shout from the rooftops that she loves Dave and is able to say I'm his wife," Karas said.

15721433_G.jpg

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
3 years for me Dec 5th.
Doesnt seem to get easier but does get different I guess. More like waves of emotions. Depending on what triggers them.
April will be 5 years since I lost my dad. I have my times where I become a little off. Especially with my wedding coming up in July and him not being there. Makes me sad.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -
A photo has gone viral of a cancer patient marrying the love of her life before passing away 18 hours later.

The wedding happened at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford just a few days before Christmas.
"It reminds me of someone who is crossing the finish line of a marathon or something," said David Mosher.
David is the husband of Heather Mosher, who passed away just 18 hours after getting married.

"Nobody thought she would've made it that far. She proved them all wrong and that's what that photo says to me," David said.

Christina Kara is the bridesmaid who capture the pure joy and defiance in the face of death.
"She's getting to shout from the rooftops that she loves Dave and is able to say I'm his wife," Karas said.

15721433_G.jpg

Read this earlier today. Cried like a little kid does when his ice cream falls off the cone onto the ground.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I can’t believe it’s been 2 years already.

I wish someone had warned me that year 2 is where the anger comes into play.

God I miss my dad.

18 years for my mom February 1st.

Let the emotions run through naturally. Do not let the anger consume you like it did me. Keep an eye on yourself, there is help available. Grief counseling helps. I even took a 90 day supply of Zoloft because my serotonin or whatever was wiped out from the stress.

the pain never really goes away. My mom was my best friend and number one fan. I talked to her every single day of her conscious life. She was a warrior. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at 39, I was 16, and had a 3pct chance to live five years. She beat it by the grace of God, Ten years later she got end stage ovarian cancer and battled it for three years somehow. She was my absolute hero and I look back now grateful that I got those extra ten years so she could see me get married, and see my kids being born. She died at 53, but she always said she got ten lifetimes of blessings.

You won't always feel the way you do now I promise you. Smiles and laughs will come more natural as times passes and although that hole in your heart will always be there, you will look only at all the good times and smile when you think of them, instead of cry. It takes time.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -

15721433_G.jpg

Read this earlier today. Cried like a little kid does when his ice cream falls off the cone onto the ground.
I did OK until I read the whole story. 6'1" 260 pound pile of mush.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
215,000 NHL beer mugs recalled due to injuries

Molson Coors Canada is recalling approximately 215,000 limited edition NHL beer glasses after eight people were reported injured while washing the glasses.

Health Canada says that as of Dec. 18, Molson Coors had received 11 reports of glasses breaking while being hand-washed, resulting in the eight injuries.

The company says the glasses were distributed during October and November in special edition cases of Molson Canadian and through an online offer where customers entered special codes from their beer cases to receive a glass.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/215-000-nhl-beer-mugs-recalled-due-to-injuries-1.3739975

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'm going to be gone from here for a while after this post. I'm spending the next two days visiting with people I need to see. Actually, some need to see me. HA
Just so none of you get too disappointed, I will return at some point.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I hate New Year’s Eve. It’s like a funeral for the holiday season. Halloween - Christmas is my favorite time of year.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I hate New Year’s Eve. It’s like a funeral for the holiday season. Halloween - Christmas is my favorite time of year.

Agreed. It's so depressing. It takes me back to school when vacation is winding down. Now work, where the next holiday off is freaking Memorial Day. Plus the end of the joyous holiday season where atleast people pretend to be nice to each other lol.

Add that it's amateur night and the day sucks all around..

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Agreed. It's so depressing. It takes me back to school when vacation is winding down. Now work, where the next holiday off is freaking Memorial Day. Plus the end of the joyous holiday season where atleast people pretend to be nice to each other lol.

Add that it's amateur night and the day sucks all around..

I have never gone out to a bar for New Year’s Eve. We’ve always just done house parties. This year we aren’t doing a damn thing. My mom got us the pasta attachment for the KitchenAid for Christmas so we are going to make fresh pasta and hang out.

I decided to bail on my annual New Year’s Day race tomorrow. I’m disappointed, but with the wind chill projected to be -24 at the start of the race (and the course being along Salem Harbor), I just don’t think it’s safe.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Spending the afternoon eating potential wedding cakes was not on my weight loss plan, but it sure was fun.

Lets put that in perspective now that we've read that we've read Christina's story.
Kind of makes you look at gratitude in a whole new way..

God Bless...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I have never gone out to a bar for New Year’s Eve. We’ve always just done house parties. This year we aren’t doing a damn thing. My mom got us the pasta attachment for the KitchenAid for Christmas so we are going to make fresh pasta and hang out.

I decided to bail on my annual New Year’s Day race tomorrow. I’m disappointed, but with the wind chill projected to be -24 at the start of the race (and the course being along Salem Harbor), I just don’t think it’s safe.

Good call on bailing. It's unsafe and the race should be canceled.

I just ordered 200 bucks of PF Changs to bring to my brothers tonight for a NYE house party. He only lives a mile away so that I can handle.

all the best to you and Joe this year.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Good call on bailing. It's unsafe and the race should be canceled.

I just ordered 200 bucks of PF Changs to bring to my brothers tonight for a NYE house party. He only lives a mile away so that I can handle.

all the best to you and Joe this year.

And because I’m a runner, crazy, and cave to peer pressure, looks like I’m doing the race tomorrow. :laugh:

All the best to you and your fam as well!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Well my forced holiday goes on past the holidays <heavy sigh>.

I’ve done “no spend January” the past two years, so it will feel pretty natural this year.

I just saw 2 friends’ tweets in a row, the first expressing unbridled gratitude for the year and the very next tellin 2017 to f*** off. I can relate to both. o_O

Happy new year, y’all. May 2018 bring this feeling to us all:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Well my forced holiday goes on past the holidays <heavy sigh>.

I’ve done “no spend January” the past two years, so it will feel pretty natural this year.

I just saw 2 friends’ tweets in a row, the first expressing unbridled gratitude for the year and the very next tellin 2017 to **** off. I can relate to both. o_O

Happy new year, y’all. May 2018 bring this feeling to us all:

Couldn’t wait.
On the video that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->