OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
jt%20&%20joni%20corr%20(1).jpg
As someone on Facebook said ( it may have been my sister (GahdenRinkRat) Lots of talent in that hug.

Reactions: Fenway

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We lost our dog Beetle this morning :(

She had another seizure last night and coupled with a lot of other issues, my mom did the right thing.

I’m going to miss her so much but she’s with my dad and her other siblings now.

God this sucks.
Sorry. :( Why can't dogs live longer?? :cry:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
A friend came over today and helped me haul two carloads of stuff to Goodwill and some to the dumpster. Literally two trunks full plus the passenger seats in both cars.

Then we came back and reorganized my kitchen, pantry, and dining room.

Felt great to get rid of stuff and get organized, but now I am so sore I can't move. :help: :wally:

And my nice garden tub in the master bathroom has decided that I don't need hot water, so if I want to soak, it'll have to be in the smaller guest bathroom tub. :(

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Kate08 Remember her?

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — A seven-time “Jeopardy!” winner who taught history at a small Michigan college faces up to five years in prison for sneaking into the email accounts of other professors, administrators and students.

Stephanie Jass, who taught at Adrian College in southern Michigan, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Lenawee Circuit Court to a charge of unauthorized computer access. Her sentencing is scheduled for July 20.

Authorities said Jass logged into other people’s email accounts without permission over a four-day period last year after the college reset everyone’s passwords and assigned everyone the same temporary password. Another professor learned what Jass had done and told school officials.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@Kate08 Remember her?

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — A seven-time “Jeopardy!” winner who taught history at a small Michigan college faces up to five years in prison for sneaking into the email accounts of other professors, administrators and students.

Stephanie Jass, who taught at Adrian College in southern Michigan, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Lenawee Circuit Court to a charge of unauthorized computer access. Her sentencing is scheduled for July 20.

Authorities said Jass logged into other people’s email accounts without permission over a four-day period last year after the college reset everyone’s passwords and assigned everyone the same temporary password. Another professor learned what Jass had done and told school officials.

How the mighty have fallen!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@Kate08 Remember her?

Bad on her, but that is the craziest thing I ever heard of, IT security-wise.

Reactions: Fenway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Pretty random but I had the best mani/pedi this weekend. The hot stone massage is the best part. So relaxing.

The lady looked depressed when I said I only wanted a regular manicure as I can’t do the gel nails as they peel right off for some reason.

The salon clearly makes their money on the gel ones.

I can’t recommend Essie polish enough. I beat my nails up typing on my keyboard and sifting through papers and this polish lasts over a week with minimal chipping. On my toes, it lasts a month before chipping.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Love it, they were sometimes or often accused of putting on a less than enthusiastic live performance and I suppose that`s true if your a music fan who requires a band to consistently engage with the audience or like/enjoy a bunch of background distractions like pyrotechnics and other things but for this fan, anytime I saw them live I loved it. Nope, not a ton of engaging with the fans, they were a pretty simple band, come out, hammer ya with great song after great song, no gimmicks, not much of the "We love you (insert city here)" stuff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Love it, they were sometimes or often accused of putting on a less than enthusiastic live performance and I suppose that`s true if your a music fan who requires a band to consistently engage with the audience or like/enjoy a bunch of background distractions like pyrotechnics and other things but for this fan, anytime I saw them live I loved it. Nope, not a ton of engaging with the fans, they were a pretty simple band, come out, hammer ya with great song after great song, no gimmicks, not much of the "We love you (insert city here)" stuff
That was their MO. If you were a fan, you knew that going in. People need the light shows to enjoy the concert and forget the reason they go to concerts.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That was their MO. If you were a fan, you knew that going in. People need the light shows to enjoy the concert and forget the reason they go to concerts.

exactly but I`m also perfectly fine with bands who are more comfortable with audience engagement. I was lucky enough, and crazy enough to have seen Petty and the Heartbreakers 50 times (followed them across the States and back to Canada on one tour), loads of engagement with the crowd but he was also a musician who was natural at it, loved doing that so it never appeared or felt manufactured but the Cars just weren`t that kind of band and as you stated, real fans knew that going in and weren`t really interested in band/fan banter

Reactions: Ladyfan

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Bands also need the light shows and pyro because they suck live. Seems that's not the case with these guys, though I've never seen them live.

Best show I've ever seen live was Green Day, partly because the music was phenomenal, and partly because of the interaction the band (mostly Billy Joe) had with the audience.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If the rationale for cancelling school in extreme cold is that some kids don't have access to appropriate cold-weather gear to safely get to/from school, I can pretty much guarantee those same kids don't have access to an air conditioned home in order to stay safe/comfortable in extreme heat. You can't have it both ways.

This isn't an "in my day school was never cancelled" rant...but where's the consistency?

Reactions: Kovi

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If the rationale for cancelling school in extreme cold is that some kids don't have access to appropriate cold-weather gear to safely get to/from school, I can pretty much guarantee those same kids don't have access to an air conditioned home in order to stay safe/comfortable in extreme heat. You can't have it both ways.

This isn't an "in my day school was never cancelled" rant...but where's the consistency?

Yeah I don't get it either.

We went to school in both of those cases. We never froze to death, or passed out. I'm guessing schools may be afraid of lawsuits these days? Who knows.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad