OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Amanda saw him recently and said it was good.

Excellent show

Lie la lie, lie la la la lie lie
Lie la lie, lie la la la la lie la la lie

upload_2018-6-16_7-33-34.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks @Ladyfan! I’ll check them out! Glad you had a good time. I have Sirius XM and when Tom passed last October I listened to that channel a lot right after it happened. It was great to hear all the tributes from fans and other musicians as well as all the great songs he did.

Tom Petty himself is actually vastly underrated in my opinion as well as a songwriter, musician and singer. Just try singing American Girl sometime if you want to see how much range Tom actually had. He wrote so many great songs
He was one of my favorites. I saw Tom and the boys in concert more than any other band (he was my daughter's favorite ). Some great bands cannot pull it off live but Tom and the Heartbreakers were an excellent live band. I saw Tom last June in Hartford (with Joe Walsh as an opening act) and he was wonderful. I didn't think it would be my last Petty concert...sigh.

Unfortunately he left us too soon. I hated that he smoked so much. My favorite woman musician and song writer is Joni Mitchell and she did herself in with smoking too. Her voice range was amazing and I love her songs. I know she is still alive but she isn't well.

I saw Jackson Browne in May and am going to see James Taylor at Tangle wood in July.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Lots of Fenway shows for me this summer.

Foo Fighters x2
Pearl Jam x2
Journey & Def Leppard

Actually a pretty slow concert year for me

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Lots of Fenway shows for me this summer.

Foo Fighters x2
Pearl Jam x2
Journey & Def Leppard

Actually a pretty slow concert year for me
I hadn't been to many concerts in the last few years but seem to be going to more of late. I am happy I decided to finally check out the Tupelo Music Hall since they have some good bands and it is cheap and close.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We lost our dog Beetle this morning :(

She had another seizure last night and coupled with a lot of other issues, my mom did the right thing.

I’m going to miss her so much but she’s with my dad and her other siblings now.

God this sucks.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

She had another seizure last night and coupled with a lot of other issues, my mom did the right thing.

God this sucks.
Ali,

So sorry :(. I know how difficult it is to lose a family member.

Amanda's old kitty Falcor isn't doing well and she is preparing herself for that very sad decision that she will soon have to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

God this sucks.

My condolences @Alicat. We just were remembering our Golden Retriever that we lost 4 years ago this month. You never forget

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

God this sucks.

My heart goes out to you, we said goodbye to our almost 15 year old in the picture. Then, when we thought we were ready to adopt again, a neighbour gave us a dog her brother dumped on her, we loved the little guy but only a few days later she asked if she could have him back

A month ago, we got word about a breeder who had 2 Beagles left and we now have a 4 month old named Penny

The pain, hurt and sorrow eventually will subside Ali, for this pet lover, I will always be grateful for what our Dewie gave to us and I believe we gave to him and to be willing to make the tough but selfless decision to say goodbye was and is a blessing

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

God this sucks.
My heat goes out to you and your mom, Ali.
{hugs}

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Only concert I've been to in my life was Rush in Manchester back in 2012... It was the inaugural concert of their clockwork angels tour.

Well how about that! That show was the last concert I went to. Talk about coincidence!

And it was a great show too!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Well how about that! That show was the last concert I went to. Talk about coincidence!

And it was a great show too!
Ha cool! Yea my buddy and I had suite tickets.. He bought a new Subaru that year and one of the perks at the time was tickets to that show, his wife didn't want to go so he invited me... I still remember the crowd going nuts when geddy started it out with Subdivisions...

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Ha cool! Yea my buddy and I had suite tickets.. He bought a new Subaru that year and one of the perks at the time was tickets to that show, his wife didn't want to go so he invited me... I still remember the crowd going nuts when geddy started it out with Subdivisions...

Yep that was the first song. By contrast, I took my wife who has no clue just about any Rush songs and we sat way up in the next to last row :laugh:

It was still a great show and it was my only time seeing them. My wife enjoyed it too even though she never heard just about every song.

That was the first time that they ever had anyone else play live with them on stage too with the string section they had for that tour

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yep that was the first song. By contrast, I took my wife who has no clue just about any Rush songs and we sat way up in the next to last row :laugh:

It was still a great show and it was my only time seeing them. My wife enjoyed it too even though she never heard just about every song.

That was the first time that they ever had anyone else play live with them on stage too with the string section they had for that tour
Oh wow, ha I didn't know that about the string section... I will say they sounded better live then online

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He was one of my favorites. I saw Tom and the boys in concert more than any other band (he was my daughter's favorite ). Some great bands cannot pull it off live but Tom and the Heartbreakers were an excellent live band. I saw Tom last June in Hartford (with Joe Walsh as an opening act) and he was wonderful. I didn't think it would be my last Petty concert...sigh.

Unfortunately he left us too soon. I hated that he smoked so much. My favorite woman musician and song writer is Joni Mitchell and she did herself in with smoking too. Her voice range was amazing and I love her songs. I know she is still alive but she isn't well.

I saw Jackson Browne in May and am going to see James Taylor at Tangle wood in July.

There was a recent picture of Joni Mitchell with James Taylor and she looked very frail.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

God this sucks.

Ali I'm so sorry. It is tough to let them go they are truly part of your family.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Ali, honoring Beetle's transition and your grief.

Losing a pet is the deepest kind of sorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad