OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXII - RIP Kenny Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I’ve actually been wondering if the pneumonia vaccine has proven to provide some protection from this.

I had to get the vaccine 10 years ago because of my history but I believe they suggest it be given to people over 55 with history.
i honestly didnt know there was a pneumonia vaccine. i am always afraid of getting. pneumonia. just because i always get that feeling when im near cats. i cant breathe.

i also have never gotten a flu shot. but i did get the flu A this year around superbowl time. first time ever i think.
it was over hyped as well . thought i was just sore from playing pond hockey.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Who knows? Obviously the flu shot doesn't protect against it, but the masses that are terrified over Corona probably have to begin with
Just saying,people are terrified of one virus but don't defend themself from one that is killing even more.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Had a very hard day on the slopes yesterday. Got up at 440, was on a lift about 930. Conditions started off very firm, frozen. By noon the lower half was mashed potatoes and everything else was crust. Normally I’ll duck ropes and wonder why certain runs are closed, but yesterday i found myself side stepping terrain and even went down a quick pitch on my ass, and then looked back up and wondered why the f*** that trail wasn’t roped off.

all in all, my brother and i made the best of it. The rental skis he had were garbage but luckily i brought a backup, so he used mine most of the day. My body is in shambles today. First aggressive day of skiing i have had in six years i believe.

took one fall, and it was fairly hard. The helmet i bought for $50 at Costco ten years ago more than paid for itself, as i slammed my head back on ice/rocks. It left me a little shaken up and out of sorts but i was fine.

glad the season is over and i got an easy day in with the lady friend, and a hard day in with my brother.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
88161552_2594011157524368_3425221287390216192_n.jpg

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
i honestly didnt know there was a pneumonia vaccine. i am always afraid of getting. pneumonia. just because i always get that feeling when im near cats. i cant breathe.

i also have never gotten a flu shot. but i did get the flu A this year around superbowl time. first time ever i think.
it was over hyped as well . thought i was just sore from playing pond hockey.
There are actually two vaccines , but neither is specifically against pneumonia. But are to prevent pneumococcal disease, a bacterial infection (from the streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria). Pneumonia is a common complication of pneumococcal disease, but others can include meningitis and bacteremia (infection in the bloodstream).

The two vaccines differ in makeup, a conjugate (PCV-13) and a polysaccharide (PPSV-23). The conjugate is most commonly given to kids under two, but can be given the kids older than two, or adults with certain health conditions like asthma. The polysaccharide is recommended for all adults over 65, though the PCV-13 might be more appropriate for adults with certain health issues. The PPSV-23 is also recommended for adult smokers to get too.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Well THAT was freaky. Guess my laptop rebooted itself while I was playing PS4. All a sudden I hear noises and voices look and see the reboot screen with the computer eye looking for facial recognition. Thinking to myself Terminator Judgement Day......................

I hear the word docemeter

My computer was playing the last YT video I had up

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
And yes @BigBadBruins7708 Desert Inn/Spring Mountain/Tropicana is the portal of hell.

Near South Point some guy came 10 feet from me rare ending him because he came from the far left lane speeding to get off the highway.

Its crazy to see it daily. People at the last second making turns off the high way or even on the street from the far or middle lanes.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Saw this posted on one of the cocker spaniel Facebook groups I follow:

"We have done a dna test and their mix is 50% cocker spaniel, 25% miniature poodle, 12.5% shihtzu and 12.5% companion breed mix, making them.. Cock-a-doodle-tzus!"

Cock-a-doodle-tzus :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Barbados here we come, packing day, going to be a long flight(s), in order to arrive at our desired time which is about mid day we have to leave the night before and take a red eye from Vancouver to TO then onto Barbados from there.

Sitting in "First Class" on all flights there which we have never done, it appears our flight from Vancouver to TO has us in our own pods that stretch out completely into beds which will be awesome. Due to being a red eye flight on a Monday, FC was virtually empty and they put the seats on sale at a ridiculous rate but on the way home, back with our people

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Red wine flows from taps in Italian town, brings 'a little lightness' amid coronavirus crisis

For about three hours, red wine flowed from the taps of some kitchen sinks and bathtubs in a northern Italy town last week.

A valve malfunction at the Cantina Settecani winery south of Modena caused Lambrusco Grasparossa, a sparkling red wine, to seep into the Castelvetro town water system. Images and video shared on social media showed the wine flowing from kitchen and bathroom faucets. The wine was reportedly ready for bottling.

Reactions: Runner77

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You know, everyone pumps up In-N-Out as the prototypical California fast food place that everyone has to try and whatnot, but I'm telling you, east coast folks are missing out on Del Taco

Reactions: rfournier103

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Barbados here we come, packing day, going to be a long flight(s), in order to arrive at our desired time which is about mid day we have to leave the night before and take a red eye from Vancouver to TO then onto Barbados from there.

Sitting in "First Class" on all flights there which we have never done, it appears our flight from Vancouver to TO has us in our own pods that stretch out completely into beds which will be awesome. Due to being a red eye flight on a Monday, FC was virtually empty and they put the seats on sale at a ridiculous rate but on the way home, back with our people
At least we can say "we knew you when" :neener:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
TBQH this is a great time to buy airplane tickets. It's just a gamble on how extensive this whole corona shit is going to be in a couple months

Reactions: rfournier103

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
You know, everyone pumps up In-N-Out as the prototypical California fast food place that everyone has to try and whatnot, but I'm telling you, east coast folks are missing out on Del Taco
For the first 3 months we lived in Arizona, the only places I wasnt scared to drive to was the post office and In and Out. Finally my stomach said NO to In and Out and I havent eaten there since.
We have Filebertos here which isn't too bad, and taco trucks galore on every corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad