Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
How did I not know this? I have let you all down. :(

OreoSocial_StanleyCup2 (1).jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I literally live 10 minutes from two schools that got dismissed early today because of COVID-19 - two children of one of the people at the Biogen conference who tested positive. Yay! Plus, I know that many of the kids from those schools walk to the Roche's to hang out after school - the Roche's where I do a lot of my grocery shopping.

Just in case, I did my shopping at Stop N Shop today. It's cheaper, anyway, even if the giant beeping robot roombas in the aisles freak me out a little.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
While I’m glad they are cleaning and sanitizing, I am also grossed out that it hasn’t been done in 20 years.
And all it took to get them to do it was a big scary virus from another country that has a large segment of the populous scared out of their wits.

That’s all.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Any Chevy truck guys/ladies out there? I have a 2016 Colorado and it started doing this odd thing where it starts fine but when I refuel it, it doesn't want to start. . It'll chug but the engine doesn't want to turn over. Yet when I go and start it up regularly it starts up fine. Strange. I called my local Chevy dealer and the guy I spoke with was like "that's the first I've heard of that"

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Any Chevy truck guys/ladies out there? I have a 2016 Colorado and it started doing this odd thing where it starts fine but when I refuel it, it doesn't want to start. . It'll chug but the engine doesn't want to turn over. Yet when I go and start it up regularly it starts up fine. Strange. I called my local Chevy dealer and the guy I spoke with was like "that's the first I've heard of that"

Is it under warranty?

I’d bring it in, have them inspect the ignition module. It doesn’t sound like a component failure, sound more electrical in manner.

Did a Google and it sounds like there is a PassLock feature that has a common failure?

Tackle These Common Chevy Colorado Passlock Problems

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Is it under warranty?

I’d bring it in, have them inspect the ignition module. It doesn’t sound like a component failure, sound more electrical in manner.

Did a Google and it sounds like there is a PassLock feature that has a common failure?

Tackle These Common Chevy Colorado Passlock Problems
Thanks! I've never seen that security light come on, on my truck before.. I made an appointment with Chevy on Monday... Although I explained what the issue is to the guy on the phone and he said that's strange and that he had never heard of that happening before

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Went to Wegmans and it isn't too bad but there were a few people that were a bit over the top. Do you really need 6 jumbo sized containers of Clorox wipes?

They had plenty of toilet paper and paper towels :)

They also have plenty of rabbit shaped butter.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Gotta love the media hype and all the sheep buy into it
I never want to dismiss people’s legitimate fears as some of it has to do with underlying, invisible factors.

I think when all is said and done, the media needs to take a hard look at how they handled things and make more than a few changes.

I watched 20/20 last night and they did a phenomenal job with explaining this whole situation starting from the very beginning. They talked to nurses, scientists and doctors and answered many questions on air. The most fascinating was the discussion around the scientists working long hours to study this thing and find a treatment that works.

It honestly felt like ABC admitted to being part of the anxiety and fear and was making a conscious effort to stop.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Who knows? Obviously the flu shot doesn't protect against it, but the masses that are terrified over Corona probably have to begin with
I’ve actually been wondering if the pneumonia vaccine has proven to provide some protection from this.

I had to get the vaccine 10 years ago because of my history but I believe they suggest it be given to people over 55 with history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad