OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
People never realize that cats are just smaller versions of tigers and other big cats. They're literally killing machines. :laugh:

Cats Kill Billions of Animals a Year | Live Science
FB_IMG_1580529301919.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm watching Adam 12 and they're trying to catch the "Color TV Bandit." Their plan to catch him is to look for houses with "color TV antennas" and cars with no back seats. Why no back seat, Reed asks. "Gotta have some place to put the TV," says Malloy. :biglaugh:

I shouldn't laugh, I still have a 600-lb. "color TV" in my bedroom. o_O :help:

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One of my favorite bands over the years has been XTC, one of the most underrated bands out there, watched a terrific rockumentary called "This Is Pop" the other day, man was it good. Too many point to Dear God and/or Making Plans for Nigel and while they are terrific tunes, they pale in comparison to some of their other tunes.

Probably one of my fav`s below

not everyone`s taste but they sure are mine

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don't love XTC (believe me, I tried) but they undoubtedly have some stuff I love. And I definitely care enough to watch a documentary about them, so thanks for sharing!

I'm on a stoner/doom metal kick right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't love XTC (believe me, I tried) but they undoubtedly have some stuff I love. And I definitely care enough to watch a documentary about them, so thanks for sharing!

I'm on a stoner/doom metal kick right now.

haha, XTC isn`t everyone`s cup of tea, they consistently were tinkering with different musical approaches. There are a ton of genres of music I`m not into but I typically enjoy most rockumentaries, find them interesting, I remember heading up to the golf course a few years back and the tunes I was playing were in the middle of an extended number of XTC tracks and my buddy with me, while having heard the well known one`s asked me, song in and out, "who`s this" and I kept responding XTC, he had heard the tune, had no idea it was them but I have always understood those who didn`t enjoy their music, it definitely is different

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well. .... survived day 1 of my high tech treadmill. walked a couple miles along lava fields in Hawaii. The screen and programs are outstanding.

As I type this the Bride is walking the Westminster neighborhood of London.

its really interesting as your terrain rises or lowers and the machine does with it as well as the speed of your virtual trainer

Even has Boston marathon route. Crazy.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well. .... survived day 1 of my high tech treadmill. walked a couple miles along lava fields in Hawaii. The screen and programs are outstanding.

its really interesting as your terrain rises or lowers and the machine does with it as well as the speed of your virtual trainer

You can make it to Framingham easy

Reactions: Runner77

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Do they have a route that takes you around the inside of TD Garden? They could make it interesting. You have to outrun the Zamboni and then past the crazy lady @Ladyfan with the baseball bat :D

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I read that there are 25,000 Chinese students attending college in Boston and many of them are just returning from China after celebrating their New Year. The authorities must be scared ****less right about now.

I think that is the main reason all flights from China are landing at JFK - not Logan

Reactions: Runner77 and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Honestly I think all flights from China should be banned. Screw the economy people's lives are at stake.
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near an airplane right now. From anywhere.

We have a significant number of employees going to Thailand in a few months, glad I'm not going. For several reasons.

Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
With the 19 year old in college and the 16 year old working Saturdays, my wife and I decided today that we’d take Saturdays to tour as many of the New England places that were featured on Diners, Drive In’s and Dives as we can.

We went to “The Kitchen” in Portsmouth NH. It was very good.

They have these fried mashed potato bites they call “Spudsters” that were awesome.

I got a meatball sub and my wife a Cuban panini...both were huge and excellent.

Not sure where we’ll go next Saturday, but looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad