OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Started taking Zyrtec last night and woke up feeling like I pulled an all nighter. Is there an allergy medication out there that does not have crazy side effects?

I haven't found one yet. I've been battling bad allergies for the past twenty years and nothing I've tried didn't have some side effects that were as bad or worse than the allergies themselves. Everyone is different though, and I know people that do just fine with Flonase, Zyrtec etc.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I haven't found one yet. I've been battling bad allergies for the past twenty years and nothing I've tried didn't have some side effects that were as bad or worse than the allergies themselves. Everyone is different though, and I know people that do just fine with Flonase, Zyrtec etc.
I usually take both and maybe it is because I haven't taken them in a while but they knocked me for a loop.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I usually take both and maybe it is because I haven't taken them in a while but they knocked me for a loop.

Yeah, I get messed up from a lot of them especially antihistamines. Prefer the allergies as bad as that sounds. Sometimes it's just the devil you know :laugh:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

have you been to an allergist and gotten the scratch testing?

had it done back as a teenager and ended up getting weekly allergy shots. the shots were a god send and did a ton to tame my allergies to where they were controllable with just OTC meds. The shots build your resistance by giving you small doses of what you're most allergic to.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
have you been to an allergist and gotten the scratch testing?

had it done back as a teenager and ended up getting weekly allergy shots. the shots were a god send and did a ton to tame my allergies to where they were controllable with just OTC meds. The shots build your resistance by giving you small doses of what you're most allergic to.
I have indeed. I've had scratch testing and blood tests and I'm allergic to your typical stuff but it wasn't enough to do allergy shots unfortunately.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Man I should choose what to study but nothing seems like a good option, everything seems so.. boring. I have a great passion towards ice hockey but I have no idea how to use it to my advantage.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Nashville seems to be a popular destination for the parents trips.

I'll take NHL moms over stupid bachelorette parties any day.

Reactions: talkinaway

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Fully believe that getting pulled over for "distracted driving" should result in a suspension of your license for a time period, one of which that increases each time it happens.

Fines only do so much to deter a person.
Lol. I used to work with an old timer that absolutely hated seeing drivers on their phones while driving and he would go on a pissed off rant about it everytime he saw it.. He would honk at them. One day we were in the work truck and a woman was texting on the highway and we were in the lane to the left of her and he honked and it scared the crap out of her and she jumped and threw her arms up and while doing so accidentally threw her phone out the window... I never laughed so hard in my life.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Man I should choose what to study but nothing seems like a good option, everything seems so.. boring. I have a great passion towards ice hockey but I have no idea how to use it to my advantage.
Get a degree in Sports Management, obtain some nerdy glasses so everyone thinks you're smart, and see how it goes.

I know it sounds iffy, but it worked for this guy:
images

;)

Reactions: Agent86 and kthx

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Nashville still has a Woolworth lunch counter. :) I ate there last year, food was pretty good!

View attachment 322583
My mom used to work at the Woolworth’s lunch counter in Woonsocket. It was her first job. :)

I thought it was the coolest job in the world, because she got to pop the balloons to determine the price of a banana split!
:biglaugh:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Went into the local Comcast office and got $30/month knocked off the bill. I might still eventually cut the cable altogether in a couple months, maybe after hockey season, but $30 a month is still a decent cut for now.

So much better customer service in person than on the phone, too.

I found this online service called Trim that will negotiate with Comcast and all the other utilities, and so far it’s been pretty good. They negotiated a sweet internet only deal with Xfinity for me. (I cut the cord a while back)

They take 10%

Trim | An Assistant That Saves You Money

I just unleashed them on Verizon and Sirius XM today so we’ll see how that goes

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I found this online service called Trim that will negotiate with Comcast and all the other utilities, and so far it’s been pretty good. They negotiated a sweet internet only deal with Xfinity for me. (I cut the cord a while back)

They take 10%

Thanks for this!

Reactions: Chief Nine

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

They take 10%

I've heard about services like this, was wondering if they are worth it. If they swing you a great deal on Verizon, let me know, I might have to check it out. :)

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I've heard about services like this, was wondering if they are worth it. If they swing you a great deal on Verizon, let me know, I might have to check it out. :)

Thanks for this!

It’s definitely legit. I’ve used it for about a year and they always kept on Xfinity while I had cable with little deals here and there. But what sold me was when they negotiated a huge deal for my internet service. It was like a 30% drop.

I’ll let you know how it goes with Sirius XM and Verizon once that happens

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Screen_Shot_2020_02_19_at_11.19.21_AM.0.png
"Oreo and Supreme Team Up on Red Cookies You'll Probably Need to Wait on a Long Line to Buy. The branded cookies will hit Supreme's New York stores on Feb. 20, while an online release is set for the following week."
https://people.com/food/oreo-supreme-red-cookies-release/

I don't wanna even think about how many boxes Fenway, Gee Wally, and TP are gonna eat! :eek: ;)

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Lol. I used to work with an old timer that absolutely hated seeing drivers on their phones while driving and he would go on a pissed off rant about it everytime he saw it.. He would honk at them. One day we were in the work truck and a woman was texting on the highway and we were in the lane to the left of her and he honked and it scared the crap out of her and she jumped and threw her arms up and while doing so accidentally threw her phone out the window... I never laughed so hard in my life.
Best part was when I saw the right blinker as if she was going to somehow find it on 93S by Dracut at like 730am on a weekday

Reactions: Glove Malfunction
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad