Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Poker *****!!!

That is all

@TP What did you think of the place?

I looked at where the IP address said you were.............

upload_2019-6-23_16-9-42.png

Reactions: TP

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Im exhausted from sorting basement crap before junk guy comes Tuesday. Laying on the couch watching PBS show on The Carpenters.

Man, I had forgotten what an incredibly beautiful voice Karen Carpenter had.
Amazing pipes.

I'm watching it too. She had a voice for the ages. So sad, she's been gone longer than she lived.

One of my favorites is the duet she did with Ella Fitzgerald, "This Masquerade". Two of the greatest voices ever.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Im exhausted from sorting basement crap before junk guy comes Tuesday. Laying on the couch watching PBS show on The Carpenters.

Man, I had forgotten what an incredibly beautiful voice Karen Carpenter had.
Amazing pipes.

I know the feeling regarding sorting junk. I just finished going through my attic, that is now empty, giving away so much to charity. I had 83 years of junk. My kids are going to hate me because I am passing some family stuff onto them. Great feeling. I had to hired people to bring the stuff down from the attic. Hopefully, I don't start rebuilding junk.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I know the feeling regarding sorting junk. I just finished going through my attic, that is now empty, giving away so much to charity. I had 83 years of junk. My kids are going to hate me because I am passing some family stuff onto them. Great feeling. I had to hired people to bring the stuff down from the attic. Hopefully, I don't start rebuilding junk.

Yup. We have 40 years worth of ‘stuff ‘. Donating as much as we can. Told our kids whatever they want is theirs for the taking but not really much they are interested in.
We figure in a year or so we will downsize you we are chipping away at it. Got some guys coming with a dumpster Tuesday. Im guessing it will be the first of two or three.
The Brides also going to have a second hand furniture outfit come by. We have a formal front living room that I have never ever sat in the 21 years we’ve been here. Then theres the formal dining room that we used only once in 21 years. One Thanksgiving when her sister visited.
Clothes closets will be next.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
A few cans of deck stain makes a huge difference. This is only one coat, need to apply another this week.

Ah, homeownership.
View attachment 239801

View attachment 239799

Have fun doing it all over again in 2-3 years. The problem with decks is the sun beats down on them & destroys the protective coating. You shouldn't have to do the railings or other trim but the deck definitely will need doing.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Have fun doing it all over again in 2-3 years. The problem with decks is the sun beats down on them & destroys the protective coating. You shouldn't have to do the railings or other trim but the deck definitely will need doing.

That’s ok. It’s a big deck but a straight shot. The railings are Trex so no painting those.

The stain we got is supposed to last 10 years. Our deck gets sun all day so even if we get half of that I’ll be happy.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
That’s ok. It’s a big deck but a straight shot. The railings are Trex so no painting those.

The stain we got is supposed to last 10 years. Our deck gets sun all day so even if we get half of that I’ll be happy.

Yeah they all say that :laugh: ice and snow and shoveling removes 6 years right off the bat lol

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Ha. Like i said, I’m fine with having to do it every few years if that’s what it takes. One coat took about an hour.

It does look awesome once it’s done. Like I said, for me it’s a matter of getting all the stuff off and doing all the prep work. I guess it’s been 5 years here so it’s due

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Yup. We have 40 years worth of ‘stuff ‘. Donating as much as we can. Told our kids whatever they want is theirs for the taking but not really much they are interested in.
We figure in a year or so we will downsize you we are chipping away at it. Got some guys coming with a dumpster Tuesday. Im guessing it will be the first of two or three.
The Brides also going to have a second hand furniture outfit come by. We have a formal front living room that I have never ever sat in the 21 years we’ve been here. Then theres the formal dining room that we used only once in 21 years. One Thanksgiving when her sister visited.
Clothes closets will be next.

Good luck.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Just sanded and stained my mahogany deck-6.5 hours every 3rd year. Thinking about ripping all the mahogany out for a composite,though I love wood.

I'd love composite but the quotes we got were $24 - $26k to do our whole deck. Maybe someday when we have other projects that we want done completed, but I can't justify spending that much on a deck when we have so many other things we'd like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad