HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
408024-life-is-good.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Life is still good even when your dog wakes you up at 3:45 am to go outside and your phone falls out of your pocket and bounces off three concrete steps resulting in a lovely cracked screen. :)

:help:

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m really pleasantly surprised by this Stanley Cup run. For some reason, I decided this summer that I was going to start paying more attention to the Bruins. I even bought tickets to two games back in August.

I deliberately kept my expectations low, and figured the Bruins would hover around a second round playoff team for the next few years, and I’d just be happy with that.

The Bruins have always had a way of sucking me in in a way none of the other local teams have. Baseball is easily my third favorite sport, so the Red Sox never had that weird grip on my emotions that the Bruins do.

This is far better than I could have possibly expected.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
in charge of bringing beer to the annual family BBQ..Text said "ask Lou if he can bring beer, my brothers buy shit...he buys the good stuff".... suggestions?

In the past have brought the typical Yuengling...Dog Fish Head...Founders...Sam Adams..… Can't go wrong w any but open to new suggestions.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
in charge of bringing beer to the annual family BBQ..Text said "ask Lou if he can bring beer, my brothers buy ****...he buys the good stuff".... suggestions?

In the past have brought the typical Yuengling...Dog Fish Head...Founders...Sam Adams..… Can't go wrong w any but open to new suggestions.

Titos...

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
in charge of bringing beer to the annual family BBQ..Text said "ask Lou if he can bring beer, my brothers buy ****...he buys the good stuff".... suggestions?

Founders All Day IPA

really good IPA but not too hoppy or heavy. Inexpensive relative to other "craft" brews, comes in cans (12 pack), perfect summer day beer.

edit: and every package store has it, dont have to go hunting

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

Can’t go wrong with a Sam’s variety pack. Lots of decent choices

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006

Any style preferences? For Belgian style Ommegang's Trippel Ale is great. Warsteiner Premium Verum for pilsner.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Funny that my phone is crapping out. Update like a bunch of apps last night and now it continually reboots itself. Well freezes then reboots itself if u use an app or two. Seems I have to delete caches or factory reboot. Deleted like 5-7 Apps and thought that would help but didnt.

Damn Galaxy

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Was it in pursuit of a roadrunner perchance? ;)

Actually may not even been a coyote. Turned into the neighborhood and saw something running around and turning down a street. Followed it and it ran into someones yard and I didnt see it anymore.

Looked kinda bulky for a coyote. Chupacabra?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
If I called into work today I'd have a 4 1/2 day weekend. But already 1 person on vacation and another already TXTed me if I could take a pic of our schedule so I dont wanna make the crew down 3 people.

I'll just save the 13 hours PTO I have and rack up more. Small back aches wont really keep me away and I was out early yesterday anyways maybe we will have a light work order again since its the holiday.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Was it in pursuit of a roadrunner perchance? ;)

I have actually seen real roadrunners in the wild. They are every bit as fast as advertised. The second you see one - he’s gone. Just like that. I’ve seen four roadrunners in my life for a combined total of four seconds.

upload_2019-5-23_22-4-13.jpeg

No idea how anyone got this picture.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I have actually seen real roadrunners in the wild. They are every bit as fast as advertised. The second you see one - he’s gone. Just like that. I’ve seen four roadrunners in my life for a combined total of four seconds.

View attachment 230511

No idea how anyone got this picture.
Probably quick is a better adjective as their top speed is 20-25 MPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad