OT: Off Topic 2019 part IX - Spring is coming - REALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
If I stayed up late I could probably sleep late but the kids get up around 6 no matter when you went to bed or how many beers you had.

My grandmother could only sleep about 5 hours a night as she got older. She hated being awake when it was dark in the morning so she would go to bed at 1am every night. It was pretty funny talking about the last episode of Conan with a 80 year old when I was in college

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I'm so jealous of everyone who can sleep in like that. If I manage to make it close to 6am I am excited and feel like I "slept in" LOL

If I sleep past 7:30 I feel like half the day is gone. I've always been an early riser.

<<<<Not a night person.

Reactions: BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
could be a lot worse.....

97 mph wind gust recorded in Colorado Springs, 80 mph winds as far south as Amarillo, TX, and in Denver, the dreaded March "bomb cyclone" blizzard heading toward Rapid City, SD

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I exercise before work between 5 and 615 am
ogww893cZgaME.gif

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
could be a lot worse.....

97 mph wind gust recorded in Colorado Springs, 80 mph winds as far south as Amarillo, TX, and in Denver, the dreaded March "bomb cyclone" blizzard heading toward Rapid City, SD
Wind was HOWLING here in the Falls today. Hit 30 mph a couple of times today. Almost blew me over going out to lunch. Must be dreadful further north.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I exercise before work between 5 and 615 am depending on what I have going on for morning meetings. I’ve never been a morning person but that changed in the last 5ish Years. I don’t like getting up but I love being up and out early. I “sleep in” on Sundays meaning I go to a 10am yoga class so don’t need to set an alarm.

I find this exceedingly unacceptable. You are too good for this planet.

Do we have a Buddhist in our midst?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Sir: What US civics do you teach?

We started a new program this year called We The People. New to us, as it’s axtually been around for a number of years. The students get an overview of the three branches and the bill of rights in 8th grade US, so when they come into civics as Freshmen, they already have a pretty decent understanding of the structure and function of government.

So the way I teach it is more thematic and we do a lot of discussion, practical application and debate. We compare eras like the consolidation of power to the executive branch during war time for example.

It’s very hands on. I took the students to the state house in Concord back in December to compete in simulated congressional hearings. There are six different units and the students had to prepare a series of three four minute “statements” for each unit. The judges consists of lawyers and judges from the state and they ask the students one of the three questions. The students read their prepared statements and then get grilled for six minutes of follow up questioning.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We started a new program this year called We The People. New to us, as it’s axtually been around for a number of years. The students get an overview of the three branches and the bill of rights in 8th grade US, so when they come into civics as Freshmen, they already have a pretty decent understanding of the structure and function of government.

So the way I teach it is more thematic and we do a lot of discussion, practical application and debate. We compare eras like the consolidation of power to the executive branch during war time for example.

It’s very hands on. I took the students to the state house in Concord back in December to compete in simulated congressional hearings. There are six different units and the students had to prepare a series of three four minute “statements” for each unit. The judges consists of lawyers and judges from the state and they ask the students one of the three questions. The students read their prepared statements and then get grilled for six minutes of follow up questioning.

Reactions: dabid

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
It is rare for me to not wake up cheery and ....talkative. (witchy is not really in my repertoire that often)

just
ask
Glove Malfunction
:laugh:

although he hasnt complained yet

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Went to bed at 730....woke up at 9...tossed and turned all night...AGAIN.

Will go to bed later this evening with the Bruins on and hopefully be able to sleep and get up at 4:30
I managed to fall asleep shortly after 8.

Had a nightmare and woke up around midnight.

Was up at 4:40 and had a hard time getting out of bed.

Gutted through chest day and ran a couple of miles on the track.
Then soaked in the hot tub.

I'm going to take a mental health day tomorrow because it's a workshop day and rest up a bit.
Signing up for a half marathon at the end of the month.

I had a lot easier time running in the wee hours down in Cancun when it was in the mid 60s bright and early.

Reactions: Fenway

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
State finals set for this Sunday at TD Garden:

Boys’ hockey

Sunday at TD Garden
Division 3 final: Hopkinton (17-6-2) vs. Wachusett (17-4-2), 11 a.m.
Division 2 final: Canton (24-0-1) vs. Tewksbury (17-4-3), 3:15 p.m.
Super 8 final: BC High (19-2-2) vs. Pope Francis (18-1-3), 5:45 p.m
Division 1 final: Duxbury (21-4-0) vs. Winchester (17-7-0), 7:45 p.m.

Girls’ hockey

Sunday at TD Garden
Division 2 final: Notre Dame-Hingham (16-5-2) vs. Wellesley (16-4-3), 9 a.m.
Division 1 final: Austin Prep (23-0-0) vs. Methuen-Tewksbury (21-1-1), 1 p.m.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad