OT: Off Topic 2018 part V - Getting older is not for the timid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Reports out whitey bugler was killed in prison

Michelle McPhee reporting it on Twitter. Didn’t she “break” the Hanley Ramirez stuff?

Reactions: hoss75

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Reports out whitey bugler was killed in prison

Michelle McPhee reporting it on Twitter. Didn’t she “break” the Hanley Ramirez stuff?

Someone's going to have some explaining to do. He was literally JUST moved into that prison and is immediately killed? Hmmmm.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
‘Whitey’ Bulger killed at federal prison in West Virginia - The Boston Globe

Notorious Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger was killed Tuesday at a West Virginia prison, according to two people briefed on the situation.
The people spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The WV News website reported that a male inmate was slain overnight at the maximum security prison where Bulger was being held. A union official said a man had been killed, but he didn’t know who.

Reactions: BMC and hoss75

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
It's amazing how horrible the guy was even relative to other gangsters. Hope this brings peace to some of the people whose lives he made miserable.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
If this were a movie, John Denver's Take Me Home Country Roads would be playing as the scene ends.

Reactions: BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I’m a big fan of Vera Bradley and she has some beautiful leather cross body bags and totes.

My sister switched from the cloth ones to those and loves them.

Once I land a new job I’m going to the outlet in Wrentham to pick one of each up.
Also like Lug...have the Gondola tote in black and gold fireworks...gorgeous.

After years of 'does it come in black' I looking for colors/prints....black and gold obviously, and shades of green.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm pretty sure whatever is left of the old Providence/Boston Mafia had a contract out on him.

He was sent from Florida to Oklahoma and then West Virginia in the past week.

When I was working as a cabbie to pay for school I would seem him occasionally as Whitey handled collections for the Winter Hill Mob and the old Yellow Cab in Cambridge was a huge bookie joint. One day the bookie there Peter vanished and was never heard from again.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad