Celtics/NBA Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Most important thing with the new head coach is they have to fit well with Tatum and Brown. Everything you do needs to be about getting the most out of them.

I will say that this is kind of exciting in a 'This could be a total disaster' kind of way.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Most important thing with the new head coach is they have to fit well with Tatum and Brown. Everything you do needs to be about getting the most out of them.

I will say that this is kind of exciting in a 'This could be a total disaster' kind of way.
It is exciting....hope it doesn't go south. They also have to be tough to play against.

member 96824

Celtics fans get to have all of the fun.

Charlie Jacobs, are you just gonna let them have all the fun???????

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I am willing to give it a chance. Brad is analytical and sees the big picture. I think he is better suited for building a roster than coaching at this point

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think Brad is going to be a good GM.

I do too. I've always gotten the impression that he's a very good organizational guy, going back to his days at Butler.

I hope they don't lose Zarren out of this. I think it'd make sense for Brad to be the big picture guy, and let Zarren handle day-to-day stuff, like contracts, trades, etc.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I do too. I've always gotten the impression that he's a very good organizational guy, going back to his days at Butler.

I hope they don't lose Zarren out of this. I think it'd make sense for Brad to be the big picture guy, and let Zarren handle day-to-day stuff, like contracts, trades, etc.
Wouldn't be shocked if this is the exact arraignment. They would work in tandem like Sweeney and Evan Gold doo for the B's.

The team is expected to announce all of this later today according to 98.5

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Bostonzamboni

Jan 26, 2019
And now the Bruins will play second fiddle the rest of their playoffs to the Celtics. Right?

I admit this Celtics scenario is likely much more interesting to most non-hockey fans in Boston than a Cup run.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It has to be someone with enough years removed from playing imo.
Disagree, I think they absolutely need someone who can relate to the modern nba player. Also someone who carries some cache/swag that they will listen too.

Reactions: Alicat

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If they made Stevens President of Basketball Ops, then he removed himself. That's a promotion, not a demotion.
Yes I know technically he was promoted, but his job has completely changed. Obviously the Celtics like him, but there must be some disconnect between him and the players. The move just really doesn't make a ton of sense. My guess is they are looking for a coach that's more a players coach

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'll say one thing, I hope it's not Jay Larranaga or another internal hire. If you're going to make a move like this, you need to bring in a fresh perspective at coach. You can't just shift the nameplates/titles around.

Chauncey Billups, Sam Cassell, and Juwan Howard would be the guys at the top of my list.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad