Off season wish list

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
If the Flyers can get their special teams up into the top 10 next season, the team could be a lot better than most expect. The power play really should not be that hard to get there. The personnel are there.

Coaching for the PK seems like an obvious route for improvement, but I'd like to see a tried and true 4th liner PK type as an upgrade to White\VDV. A similar type of defensemen would probably help but I don't know if that would make sense given the personnel that are already under contract and will need playing time.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Lappy and Mullen definitely. Murphy i'm on the fence. Our D is actually better on the ice than they are on paper this year.
IIRC, Hakstol attempt do bring along an assistant from ND but aside form the goal tending coach, that didn't Orkney so he stayed with the Flyers assistants. I'd be surprised if Lappy wasn't reassigned, perhaps to his old job. IDK about Mullen. The guys that I'd most like to see dropped into the all gone machine are the coaches at LV.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Marcus Hayes

My off season wish......Marcus Hayes NEVER talks about the Flyers again. Worst commentator, sportswriter about the Flyers I have seen/heard. He was just on ComCast for the 5 o'clock show. He said " I am not a Flyers fan, I just report the facts." He thinks Morin will have a better hockey career than Provy or Sanheim or Ghost! Provy is not big enough for the NHL! Can you think of anyone else worse than him??????

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My off season wish......Marcus Hayes NEVER talks about the Flyers again. Worst commentator, sportswriter about the Flyers I have seen/heard. He was just on ComCast for the 5 o'clock show. He said " I am not a Flyers fan, I just report the facts." He thinks Morin will have a better hockey career than Provy or Sanheim or Ghost! Provy is not big enough for the NHL! Can you think of anyone else worse than him??????

It makes me sick that a moron like him is given air time to talk about the Flyers.

I hate that jerk off.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Growth within the club(younger players)
I'd like to see Read and Umberger gone.

This team needs more size on the wings and with a two-way game.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Buy out umberger
Add konecky (it's a wish list so I wish he is NHL ready, don't want to rush him)
Add Provorov (same applies as above)
Trade Shultz or streit
Package Read and picks to move up in draft somewhere IF konecky fits into the equation.
Promote Leier
Add a high quality 4th line and pking player (preferably c) or move Read to 4th line

Schenn - g - simmonds
Raffl - coots - Jake
Laughton - cousins - konecky/Read
Leier - xxx - peb

Or 2nd/3rd line

Jake - coots - konecky
Laughton - cousins - raffl

Or 4th line with Read

Leier - PEB - Read

Mdz - Gudas
Amac - ghost
Provorov - streit/shultz

Last edited:

FlyerFan22

Dec 22, 2015
Philadelphia
In a dream world

Shoot first goal scorers.

Shootout help. (Have we ever been good in the shootouts. You all know that if OT ticks down you are thinking to yourself, please don't go to a shootout, incoming loss.)

Overall speed. Just go back and look at highlights from the 1997 team. We don't look even close to that anymore.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
they need to add speed on the wings. especially on the bottom 6.

I feel we need better skaters on the backend than the fowards which obviously we are going to have to painfully wait for(prospects). I feel we need better size and skill than just speed. Raffl, Voracek, Simmonds, and Couts are the only fowards on the roster that fit the size and skill mold. We need more of that on the wings because outside of Couts we are small down the middle. I don't mean go sign big tough guys but players with the size to win board battles with more consistency. For example a Nick Foligino type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad