Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
don't think so. also, your hornqvist+ for spezza better involve a really really big +

Josi has more value than Spezza. Now their adding a very good prospect, safe and NHL ready prospect AND a 1st thats either 12th overall or a chance at McDavid.

Thats a massive overpayment.

The Fuhr*

In what world is a third year defenseman is worth more than a PPG top line centre?

Josi is 23 years old
He averaged 26:25 per game (5th highest total in the NHL this past season)
72GP 13G 40Pts
Six more years on his deal at a 4.0 cap hit

vs

Spezza 30Yrs old
A PPG center who is a UFA in a year

I know what asset has more value to me

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
The year that said third year defenseman is a 23 year old #2, on the best contract in the league

He would be a number 3 on Nsh next year and we would be giving Wiercioch back. Also, any deal involving Spezza would probably come with an extension so that it wouldn't be just one year.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
maybe i'm in the minority but that doesn't look like enough for spezza alone.

Agreed. IF we trade Spezza it better be a good deal. We don't need centers, so I wouldn't want Berglund as a return. I'd go for something like:

Shat + Rattie + 2nd

Otherwise no deal. (Just a note that I'd prefer to keep Spezza as we won't get as good return as I or other people are expecting)

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Josi is 23 years old
He averaged 26:25 per game (5th highest total in the NHL this past season)
72GP 13G 40Pts
Six more years on his deal at a 4.0 cap hit

vs

Spezza 30Yrs old
A PPG center who is a UFA in a year

I know what asset has more value to me

There will also probably be a bidding war for Spezza so, someone will have to over pay a little bit. Not sure why some people think that Wiercioch has no trade value at the moment. The guy has averaged over .40 pt per game in his first couple of years. Also, I don't think Josi would average that much ice time next year with the emergence of Jones.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He would be a number 3 on Nsh next year and we would be giving Wiercioch back. Also, any deal involving Spezza would probably come with an extension so that it wouldn't be just one year.

He will not be lower than #2 on Nashville for the foreseeable future.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Saying Josi is a #2 D on a 19th place team is like saying that Kyle Turris is a #1 C on a 21st place team.

Josi was MVP at the World's last year while playing amongst some of the best players in the world, and the only reason he is a #2, is because Weber is on his team. He's also the reason they let Suter walk. The guy might win a Norris one day, depending where he ends up. He'll at least be in the conversation. He is still relatively low profile, but there probably aren't 20 d-men in the league most GM's would take ahead of him if they had their pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Josi was MVP at the World's last year while playing amongst some of the best players in the world, and the only reason he is a #2, is because Weber is on his team. He's also the reason they let Suter walk. The guy might win a Norris one day, depending where he ends up. He'll at least be in the conversation. He is still relatively low profile, but there probably aren't 20 d-men in the league most GM's would take ahead of him if they had their pick.

Josi is in the tier below Karlsson, Pietrangelo and Doughty when it comes to young D, grouped with guys like McDonagh.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Josi is in the tier below Karlsson, Pietrangelo and Doughty when it comes to young D, grouped with guys like McDonagh.

I don't disagree.

Either way, the point is that if the Sens could get either a Josi or a McDonagh or an equivalent, who was only 23 years old, it would be a major coup long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad