Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

Sens only have so much budget and too many forwards already. Pass.

Gryba might get 2.5-3.0 in arbitration
57GP 2G 11Pts 161Hits
14:22ES 3:00SH

Luke Schenn: 3.6
Jared Cowen: 3.1
Karl Alzner: 2.8
Luca Sbisa: 2.175

Gryba has good arbitration numbers

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
no way in hell should Gryba be resigned at those numbers he should make 1.5 tops and i agree we have a log jam of 5/6 guys i'd be completely ok with Gryba's rights being dealt.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Any interest in winger Kris Versteeg?

http://www.capgeek.com/blackhawks

$2.2 million with 2 years left on his contract.

If so, Kris Versteeg and David Rundblad for Eric Gryba would be the proposed trade.

If Hemsky and Michalek walk, for sure. It would feel like adding another MacArthur to play with Spezza. I feel like we should be giving up a little more though.

Eric Gryba on the 2nd pairing over albeit a not so good Cowen? Are you guys well? Personally I don't even see a need to even re-sign Gryba even though he's an RFA.. trade his rights or something.

we already have Borowiecki who can do the same job and Claesson who definitely deserves a chance considering the year he had down in Bingo. And not to mention if we actually sign or trade for a Top4 D.. we'd have a logjam.

Karlsson-Methot
Wiercioch Ceci
Cowen - Phillips
Boro/Claesson

2 right defenseman and 6 left defensemen?

Yes we do

Turris, Mac, Ryan, Spezza, Hemsky, Zibanejad, Karlsson, even Michalek are skill players who rely on their talent, not hard work. Turris and Mac also work very hard in addition to their skill, though.

We had Karlsson, _________ , Methot
They had Johnson, Wisniewski, Tyutin
There's one very important talent distinction right there.

They also have good offensive depth (posted by career high pts):
Johansen - 63
Horton - 62
Umberger - 57
Dubinsky - 54
Foligno - 47
Anisimov - 44
Letestu - 34

Gryba might get 2.5-3.0 in arbitration
57GP 2G 11Pts 161Hits
14:22ES 3:00SH

Luke Schenn: 3.6
Jared Cowen: 3.1
Karl Alzner: 2.8
Luca Sbisa: 2.175

Gryba has good arbitration numbers

Schenn was expected to become a top-4 d-man, which is why he (and Cowen) got paid. Gryba is not, a team will walk away if an arbitrator awards him that much and the team signing him will pay probably half of that amount.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
If Hemsky and Michalek walk, for sure. It would feel like adding another MacArthur to play with Spezza. I feel like we should be giving up a little more though.

2 right defenseman and 6 left defensemen?

We had Karlsson, _________ , Methot
They had Johnson, Wisniewski, Tyutin
There's one very important talent distinction right there.

They also have good offensive depth (posted by career high pts):
Johansen - 63
Horton - 62
Umberger - 57
Dubinsky - 54
Foligno - 47
Anisimov - 44
Letestu - 34

Schenn was expected to become a top-4 d-man, which is why he (and Cowen) got paid. Gryba is not, a team will walk away if an arbitrator awards him that much and the team signing him will pay probably half of that amount.

Oh were you talking defense? Yeah then I agree we have little talent but I don't think their defense is more "skilled" than ours. Might be overall better but not more skilled.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Oh were you talking defense? Yeah then I agree we have little talent but I don't think their defense is more "skilled" than ours. Might be overall better but not more skilled.

Our defense's skill is massively overrated since we only have Karlsson that is a proven skilled NHL dman

Methot is decent but he's not a skill-player and Ceci and Weircioch aren't proven yet

The Fuhr*

I agree but it still sucks losing an asset like Gryba for nothing... Arbitration will make him a UFA when he's awarded to much

And the team walks

The Fuhr*

They would sign and trade him before losing him for nothing.

If he's awarded 2.5-3.0 in arbitration and the team declines he's a UFA

If the team accepts with the intention of dealing him, hopefully another team will pay that much.

Gryba arbitration case will be more powerful then his actual value.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
But even getting somewhat better is nowhere near enough to warrant being a 2nd pairing defenceman.

My optimism regarding Cowen is I really like Potvin's theory that it takes a defenseman (Hedman) 200 games to develop properly. Cowen would hit that mark this year, and I still think he'll develop into a 2nd pairing defenseman.

Just FYI, the saying is 300 games, not 200.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I think the perfect return would be Shattenkirk and Berglund.

But seeing Murray doesn't listen to me, it would end up being rights to Steve Ott, a used Dryer and MPV.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

But seeing Murray doesn't listen to me, it would end up being rights to Steve Ott, a used Dryer and MPV.

both 25. i really like those guys. still feel like it needs a pick/prospect added, but very good start indeed. i'm with you

i think nashville might be a better team fit for spezza though. they would have less to 'lose' with that sort of change/addition than a st louis which is already a serious contender especially if healthy.

Last edited:

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
If he's awarded 2.5-3.0 in arbitration and the team declines he's a UFA

If the team accepts with the intention of dealing him, hopefully another team will pay that much.

Gryba arbitration case will be more powerful then his actual value.

I think there are teams who want a Right handed, gritty, physical, PK'r, with very good goals against numbers who would not have an issue paying 2.5. When you look at what other solid stay at home d-men(<.3 points per game) make then you would see many are over the 3 mil mark.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I think there are teams who want a Right handed, gritty, physical, PK'r, with very good goals against numbers who would not have an issue paying 2.5. When you look at what other solid stay at home d-men(<.3 points per game) make then you would see many are over the 3 mil mark.

And he will get better defensively with more games under his belt. Although being 26 years old, he only played 90 games in the NHL.

You can be gritty and physical but if you're 5,10 180lbs, you won't scare people much. Gryba has the body (6.4 225lbs) to back up his style of play.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
And he will get better defensively with more games under his belt. Although being 26 years old, he only played 90 games in the NHL.

You can be gritty and physical but if you're 5,10 180lbs, you won't scare people much. Gryba has the body (6.4 225lbs) to back up his style of play.

Just did a quick check on Behind the Net and his numbers are similar to:

Volchenkov 4.2m, Brewer 3.8, Georges 3.8, Scuderi 3.3 Alzner 2.8 Schenn 3.8, M Stuart 2.8,COWEN 3.1 Matt Green 2.95

I don't think that he will be here next year. He will undoubtedly go to arbitration. Why would you leave a million on the table when careers can be short.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

leave MPVs out of this

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/1/21841/hnic's elliotte friedman with tgor.mp3

TSN1200 talks with Elliott Friedman.
@ 13 min mark.

Talks about how he thinks Spezza will be dealt and STL and NAS are best fit.

With that being said, maybe we could get Josi + Forsberg + 1st for Spezza + Wiercioch....Not that I want to get rid of Wiercioch but I don't think Maclean has confidence in him.

I think there will be quite the bidding war for Spezza with teams like Tor, St.L, L.A, Ana, Nas and if rumors are true Col all bidding for him.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
If Spezza moves I hope it's for a similar return that Jordan Staal got. I'm not sure of the details of the Ryan Miller trade because it's awfully confusing, but I still believe St Louis has a first round draft pick and 3 2nd round picks. Rattie or Jaskin would probably have to come the other way and one of Berglund or Shattenkirk to round out the deal.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'd want Hornqvist+ for Spezza. Hornqvist has a NTC though.

Im guessing Nashville would offer Wilson + Watson/Beck/Leipsic + 12th overall. Meh.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
With that being said, maybe we could get Josi + Forsberg + 1st for Spezza + Wiercioch....Not that I want to get rid of Wiercioch but I don't think Maclean has confidence in him.

I think there will be quite the bidding war for Spezza with teams like Tor, St.L, L.A, Ana, Nas and if rumors are true Col all bidding for him.

Thats a mega overpayment for Spezza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad