Speculation: Off Season Thread Part II: Wake me up when September ends

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
salomaki can take it to arbitration. he doesn't have a leg to stand on really. neither do i at the moment.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I think he does make it to arbitration.

Poile wants 650.000, Salomaki wants around 1 million. Ends up somewhere in the middle like 825.000-875.000

Reactions: jhaf1210

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013

Poile wants 650.000, Salomaki wants around 1 million. Ends up somewhere in the middle like 825.000-875.000

Yeah that is about how I see it too. Could see it being a situation where once they go to arbitration they can work out a deal before the ruling comes out.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I have it on good authority the 1000 post thread limit has been reinstated.

Might as well get ahead of the mods...

On topic: Do we think Salomaki makes it to arbitration and if so what does he get?

I think he gets a one way ticket to Sweden, if Poile were to get a 7th Poile earns Jedi classification. I could live with Brickley and H.W.M.N.B.N. as the box forwards.

Last edited:

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003

I think it likely comes in lower than 825k, as Salomaki has already missed a ton of games due to injury and that, in turn, reduces his pool of comparable players given his short playing history.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Can a player choose arbitration more than once? If not seems silly of Salomaki to do it now. He should take his QO (which at his level includes a 10% raise, or am I mistaken?)and try to go out and justify a bigger deal next summer

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Can a player choose arbitration more than once? If not seems silly of Salomaki to do it now. He should take his QO (which at his level includes a 10% raise, or am I mistaken?)and try to go out and justify a bigger deal next summer

Or is trying to push the issue and be traded?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He isn't going to get much, certainly not much more than his QO, even with arbitration. His stats basically say he shouldn't even be in the league, so why you would push it I have no idea.

Reactions: triggrman

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.

On topic: Do we think Salomaki makes it to arbitration and if so what does he get?

Doc, 30 days hath September, how many in Septmber? Just so we know when to wake you up. We need you in Oktobr.

Reactions: Viqsi

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

Sadly the 1,000 post rule doesn’t apply anymore. Just vague wording on when to close threads.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
On the politics board a mod said the rule is back, and subsequently nuked all of our longstanding threads and started them all over. Maybe that's just for the poli board? Or did you miss a meeting? :sarcasm:
I suspect it's more "it's not a hard limit, but 1000 is what we're used to".

Reactions: Jonesey

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
On the politics board a mod said the rule is back, and subsequently nuked all of our longstanding threads and started them all over. Maybe that's just for the poli board? Or did you miss a meeting? :sarcasm:

Could have missed a meeting. Haha

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

that's a hometown bargain right there if true

Cool for a player to do that. I didn't really have Maroon on my shopping list for the Preds... I never get a real good read on him as a player... years ago he was considered "enigmatic", and while he seems to have good hands for a player his size, and probably does well in the cycle game, I'm not sure he had the speed or alternatively the net-front presence I would have preferred for our team. But obviously he wasn't signing with anybody else anyway, so moot point. He may be a good complementary player on the right line, but probably doesn't make a team better per se, so St.Louis is welcome to him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We need to upgrade him anyway
Seems like any upgrade on Salomaki is off the table.
JOFA
Fiala-Turris-Smith
Tolvanen-Bonino-Hook
Watson-Sissons-Hartman
with Salomaki/Gaudreau/ZR/Brickley/etc fighting it out as spares is what we got.

No UFA forwards left who upgrade on the top-12 anyway. Could give some vet a camp tryout to see if they steal a #13/14 spot maybe, but it looks like there are already a fair number of guys in the mix with Salomaki/Gaudreau and the others signed for the Ads.

D... when is that we get to talk about Enstrom or Hamhuis lowering their demands again? :S

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad