GDT: Off-Season Thread IV - July 1st 'Oh ****' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
The Helm contract is an objective sign that whomever Holland signs as an FA will get a sweetheart deal that will be terrible from day one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Most often Holland's contracts are defensible if you look at it through the teams' perspective. The Helm deal is just... not.

The Nyquist deal made sense in context. The Abdelkader deal makes sense in context. Ericsson too, really.

I don't know what the point is with the Helm contract. It's bad right away. I need to have someone present a case explaining this to me, because I'm not seeing it.

No, not 'Holland is a moron'.

Not everything can be explained bud, some things are just mistakes.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
It seems like this is pretty clear evidence that all the Illitches want is another year on the streak, and that a good team isn't really of interest. It's unfortunate local fans won't just stop going to the games until management takes some steps to actually get better.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Okay. So, they're saying Radulov and Nielsen are the UFA targets with Helm returning.

Uh, I'm nervous.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'm more worried about signing Radulov now that Datsyuk isn't on the team. Need someone to look after him...

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
It would be a classic Holland move, keep Mantha and AA down for Darren Helm and Drew Miller.

Oh I for sure think Mantha's going to be in the AHL to start the season, and I don't think Helm or whoever else had a single thing to do with that. Dude was flat out bad when he was up last year. AA's a borderline lock to make the opening night roster unless some kind of shenanigans have to be engaged in to shuffle Franzen's contract around or something.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm pretty ok with Radulov on a 2-3 year deal (think someone mentioned he wanted two in the last thread). That's probably one of the least awful things Holland could do to the team, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad