Patriots/NFL Off Season talk - Draft Day 2022 - Patriots bringing back red uniforms and Pat Patriot helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
WOW, Have you ever enjoyed being a Pats fan?
Sure but nobody is above criticism for things they screwed up. Why do you always feel the need to try and qualify other posters fandom though? You follow a team they you want and I’ll do it the way I want.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Sure but nobody is above criticism for things they screwed up. Why do you always feel the need to try and qualify other posters fandom though? You follow a team they you want and I’ll do it the way I want.
I believe there have been many good things to be optimistic about the Patriots, more than the negatives. You are correct, I shouldn't be qualifying a team fan vs. a hater. Bill Belichick has given the Patriots fans much to be pleased with, more than a couple of unknown offensive coordinators. The Patriots season hasn't started so things may change; Bill Belichick, I trust. Thanks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was watching film on Jermaine Johnson the DE from Florida State this morning (I was actually clearing space to tape the US-Finland game and came across some pre NFL draft dtuff on nfl network). Johnson the Jets drafted 26th I think but definitely after the Patriots 21st pick

Off the film and the BC game and coach Jeff Hafley who said they had to triple team him and we had really good lineman- I’m just blown away the Patriots didn’t get him

He sets the freakin edge and plays the run - is 260 and as quick as a cat knowing you just picked up the cat dish for supper

Johnson & Barmore would be dynamic and put heat on QB from both inside & outside

I hope like heck I’m wrong but Johnson for you old timers looked like Alan Page of the Purple People Eaters

Reactions: LouJersey

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was watching film on Jermaine Johnson the DE from Florida State this morning (I was actually clearing space to tape the US-Finland game and came across some pre NFL draft dtuff on nfl network). Johnson the Jets drafted 26th I think but definitely after the Patriots 21st pick

Off the film and the BC game and coach Jeff Hafley who said they had to triple team him and we had really good lineman- I’m just blown away the Patriots didn’t get him

He sets the freakin edge and plays the run - is 260 and as quick as a cat knowing you just picked up the cat dish for supper

Johnson & Barmore would be dynamic and put heat on QB from both inside & outside

I hope like heck I’m wrong but Johnson for you old timers looked like Alan Page of the Purple People Eaters
alleged character concerns caused him to drop. I’d imagine that’s why

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I believe there have been many good things to be optimistic about the Patriots, more than the negatives. You are correct, I shouldn't be qualifying a team fan vs. a hater. Bill Belichick has given the Patriots fans much to be pleased with, more than a couple of unknown offensive coordinators. The Patriots season hasn't started so things may change; Bill Belichick, I trust. Thanks

Whats positive about this team? Mac is the only positive. Defense is still old and bleh and they didnt really improve. Offense the same.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Never been an issue for the Pats though. They drafted 3 guards though, so they must feel they are in trouble now and long term there.
I think it depends on the individual and if the value lines up. Hernandez for instance was a 1st/2nd round talent who they snagged in the 4th. Johnson was a 1st round talent who got snagged in the 1st. They probably didn’t think the value lined up vs what their needs are. Probably seemed to risky.

I think they knew they needed a plug and play guard and Strange was #1 on their board for that. They usually seem to take a couple flier on OL late. I think they look at Hines as G/C depth and Steuber as a backup right tackle they could kick inside. His problems are with his heavy feet but they’ve worked with that at RT before

I think the Jets had an awesome draft though. We’ll have to see how it plays out

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Again, you do you. You want to be happy with the fact that Bill has decided to roll into this season with no actual qualified offensive coordinator in a crucial year of development for their young QB, go right ahead. I prefer to be more honest and real about how fundamentally idiotic that move is.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Again, you do you. You want to be happy with the fact that Bill has decided to roll into this season with no actual qualified offensive coordinator in a crucial year of development for their young QB, go right ahead. I prefer to be more honest and real about how fundamentally idiotic that move is.
Bill will figure it out, no need to put his franchise QB in best position to succeed.

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly think we’re gonna see a lot of Bill working with Mac directly. Seems like that’s what’s going on. I think ppl put too much stock into job titles- Patriots QB development has been good even outside of Brady. That ain’t because of Josh or Patricia or Judge or [insert assistant coach here]. That’s because of Belichick. He can coach up a QB with the best of them- we all know how hands-on he was in the formative years of Brady’s career. He’s also seen guys like Cassel, Jimmy G, and Brissett go on to be starters elsewhere after being selected with non-premium picks. I think people are being overdramatic.

Anyway- Reiss had something interesting. Isaiah Wynn is dumb and didn’t show up to voluntary OTA’s and Trent Brown has been playing LT now and building chemistry with Cole Strange. Herron has been playing RT. Makes you wonder if they think about trading Wynn before the season.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The offseason hasn't ended. You do not know if there will be an "actual qualified offensive coordinator" when the season starts. You don't know what BB's plan is. I will wait but I will say I will trust BB's plan until proven wrong.

Go Pats

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The offseason hasn't ended. You do not know if there will be an "actual qualified offensive coordinator" when the season starts. You don't know what BB's plan is. I will wait but I will say I will trust BB's plan until proven wrong.

Go Pats
Whether it’s Patricia or Judge calling the plays, it’s irrelevant because neither is qualified. Hell, that stands even if Bill himself calls the plays. Nobody on the staff has done it at this level. Weird that they’d have to learn in the fly like that and with a young quarterback.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I really believe the offense and special teams will be very good. It will be all on the defense. If the defense is just average this will be a 10-12 win team. I also believe by seasons end Mac will be calling plays. This team will surprise people. Most doubting this organization right now and I love it.

Reactions: CDJ

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I really believe the offense and special teams will be very good. It will be all on the defense. If the defense is just average this will be a 10-12 win team. I also believe by seasons end Mac will be calling plays. This team will surprise people. Most doubting this organization right now and I love it.

The defense just had the worst performance in NFL history and it happened in the playoffs and the roster got worse.

I mean, not a ton to get excited about.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The defense just had the worst performance in NFL history and it happened in the playoffs and the roster got worse.

I mean, not a ton to get excited about.
If we are being honest I have been drinking all afternoon when I posted this.

To me I like McGrone and Perkins and Wilson with this LB core making it faster. I think the DBs could surprise people. The DLine outside of Barmore is frightening and I would love to see Trey Flowers and/or Akiem Hicks brought back to help.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Whether it’s Patricia or Judge calling the plays, it’s irrelevant because neither is qualified. Hell, that stands even if Bill himself calls the plays. Nobody on the staff has done it at this level. Weird that they’d have to learn in the fly like that and with a young quarterback.
You don't know what the situation will be at the opening game. Why are you working yourself up about an unknown? Trust Bill

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Bill. He hasn’t won a single thing without a quarterback named Brady. He’s coming off a season where they barely got into the playoffs and had their teeth kicked in, and now he’s playing games with the offensive coaches. It’s flat out stupid.
Time for you to find a team to cheer for. It certainly isn't the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad