Proposal: Off-season moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Kings have no picks in top 50 of the draft and I think some cap space issues. I wonder if there's a deal to be made there. I would love to get Alec Martinez. Not sure they'd move him but he'd be a Kulikov replacement. I'd do Crouse +

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I think the Panthers will have a one or two contingency trades in place if there are no players they are in love with at 23.

If you look at the pieces they have they would probably want to package 1st,2nd,Grimaldi...possibly Kulikov for whatever asset they are targeting.

I'm not sure what that would be though, outside of a backup goaltender. Its likely the both of Bjugstad's wing spots can be filled by Crouse and Mccan.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if people that watch a lot of Bruins or Colorado games could chime in on Zach Trotman and Zach Redmond?

We could upgrade over Kampfer (and Petro possibly) by signing Redmond. He is one year removed from a 20 points season (in 59 games). His relative corsi is absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't be surprise if he was misused by Roy in Colorado.
http://public.tableau.com/shared/FTZK2HMFW?:display_count=yes

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think the Panthers will have a one or two contingency trades in place if there are no players they are in love with at 23.

If you look at the pieces they have they would probably want to package 1st,2nd,Grimaldi...possibly Kulikov for whatever asset they are targeting.

I'm not sure what that would be though, outside of a backup goaltender. Its likely the both of Bjugstad's wing spots can be filled by Crouse and Mccan.

Kulikov has to be on the move. There's no point in keeping Matheson with ~10min per game. Kulikov + a mixed bag of Rau/Grimaldi/... for Bruins' #14 i.e. Chrychrun, Bean, Fabbro. And with the #23 take Labarge and the #33 for Mascherin. I dunno about you guys but that would be a nice haul. Almost as good as the '14 draft with Ek, McCann and Hawryluk.

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Hultstrom
McCoshen - Petrovic

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Kulikov has to be on the move. There's no point in keeping Matheson with ~10min per game. Kulikov + a mixed bag of Rau/Grimaldi/... for Bruins' #14 i.e. Chrychrun, Bean, Fabbro. And with the #23 take Labarge and the #33 for Mascherin. I dunno about you guys but that would be a nice haul. Almost as good as the '14 draft with Ek, McCann and Hawryluk.

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Hultstrom
McCoshen - Petrovic

That bottom 4 scares me. Hulstrom and McCoshen will probably not even make the team. Let them get acclimated in the AHL. No need to rush them

Matheson isn't going to play 10 minutes a game.

Bure1022*

Kings have no picks in top 50 of the draft and I think some cap. I wonder if there's a deal to be made there. I would love to get Alex Martinez. Not sure they'd move him but he'd be a Kulikov replacement. I'd do Crouse +

Moving Crouse already. We don't even know what we got in Crouse. He could be a very important piece to a championship run. I wouldn't trade him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Moving Crouse already. We don't even know what we got in Crouse. He could be a very important piece to a championship run. I wouldn't trade him.

Alec Martinez is really good and signed to a great deal. He's like Kulikov with offense.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
The defense should look like this IMO:

Yandle - Kulikov
Matheson - Ekblad
Kindl - Petrovic

Or

Yandle - ???(worst-case Petro)
Matheson - Ekblad
Kulikov - Kampfer/Petro

That isn't bad... Could upgrade but loads of potential and not scared at all by having the two kids on the second pair !

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Its probably better to keep Kulikov, even if they let him walk next year. Throwing Mccoshen and Hulmstrom into the NHL immediately doesn't seem wise to me. Not entirely sure how you can make the team better next year and trade him.

Maybe the feeling is that Kampfer or Kindle could step up and play a larger role with Kulkov traded for 40-50 games while Mccoshen is in the AHL ?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That bottom 4 scares me. Hulstrom and McCoshen will probably not even make the team. Let them get acclimated in the AHL. No need to rush them

Matheson isn't going to play 10 minutes a game.

Supposedly this team already went down the drain when they traded the god's gift to shutdown duties. It can't get any worse from this. :sarcasm:

You're right, he ain't gonna play 10min, more likely 20min. His playoffs' series minutes: 27:29, 32:18, 17:48, 17:22, 13:28.

Btw.. Crouse ain't going nowhere.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Not a lot of RDs out there.

Demers is the most attractive UFA. The best ones are RFA.

Any word in Garrett Wilson? 4th line needs work.

Matt Martin fits there.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Kuli stays with Campbell gone. Rolling 4 rookies not only hurts the team but we'd have zero depth.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
When I say I'm good with moving Kuli, I also mean to find a decent NHL replacement. The only rookie that I see us having in the lineup is Matheson. Let the others cook for a year at least.

-ghoste

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd dangle Crouse for a D, not Bjugs.

Shattenkirk (with extension)
Trouba
Barrie

Keep Kulikov and see how McCoshen develops

How about trading for Trouba and Hutchinson?

Crouse, 1st, sweetener

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Don't worry, guys. Hultstrom is gonna be there. The question is if we should filp Kulikov for a hefty return now or try the sign 'n trade-treatment after the next season for Kulikov. It's going to take some masterful maneuvering from Tallon to pull the latter option off and that's why we should try to trade Kulikov now. Next year Kulikov wants the big three letters on his contract which is ludicrous for a low end top4 dman. Alec Martinez is one I'd prefer over Kulikov but at the cost of Crouse... that's way too much even tho Crouse might not be another Lucic but he's represents a player type that this org needs. After the next season, (prediction:) McCoshen would be the better option over Kulikov.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Don't worry, guys. Hultstrom is gonna be there. The question is if we should filp Kulikov for a hefty return now or try the sign 'n trade-treatment after the next season for Kulikov. It's going to take some masterful maneuvering from Tallon to pull the latter option off and that's why we should try to trade Kulikov now. Next year Kulikov wants the big three letters on his contract which is ludicrous for a low end top4 dman. Alec Martinez is one I'd prefer over Kulikov but at the cost of Crouse... that's way too much even tho Crouse might not be another Lucic but he's represents a player type that this org needs. After this season, (prediction:) McCoshen would be the better option over Kulikov.

If we can't get a legit replacement for Kulikov, you have to keep him. It's okay if we lose him for nothing if we can't extend him. We have plenty of assets.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If we can't get a legit replacement for Kulikov, you have to keep him. It's okay if we lose him for nothing if we can't extend him. We have plenty of assets.

Not to mention, he would meet the requirement of exposing a player at the draft with at least 40 games this year or 70 the last two.

2 forwards and one D must meet this requirement.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I'd dangle Crouse for a D, not Bjugs.

Shattenkirk (with extension)
Trouba
Barrie

These are all first pair defensenmen or at least projected to be... they will want deals that are too rich for us.

How about RDs like Simon Depres or Tyler Myers? Especially Depres should be available since Anaheim is looking to shed salary. And Winnipeg already has Trouba and Byfuglien on the right side, maybe they could move Myers... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad