Proposal: Off-season moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This is the line I've been dreaming:spud: of since my last line of : Huby-Barkov-J Ward ... Jagr worked out ok though:nod:

Gritty but offensive 3rd line. I'd love it.

Shaw would be great but we got young guys coming up. The focus needs to be on D.

I'd assume some of the young guys would be traded for Shaw. Just a thought/idea. I agree the focus should be on D but the 3rd line is lacking "something".

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I like the thought of Bjugstad for Cam Atkinson. :)

Bjugstad is on a great contract if he can live up to his abilities. Quality center depth is so important. We saw how he picked up the slack when Tro went down. We don't have anyone we know we can rely on in the organization right now. He's going to have a full summer to train for once instead of surgery. I can also see him and Ekblad thriving on the PP with Yandle to get them the puck with their shots. I think it would be a bad move to trade Bjugstad.

I like Atkinson too fwiw.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Bjugstad is on a great contract if he can live up to his abilities. Quality center depth is so important. We saw how he picked up the slack when Tro went down. We don't have anyone we know we can rely on in the organization right now. He's going to have a full summer to train for once instead of surgery. I can also see him and Ekblad thriving on the PP with Yandle to get them the puck with their shots. I think it would be a bad move to trade Bjugstad.

I like Atkinson too fwiw.
These guys in Mgt are analytic nutz, and they may be trying parrot Pitt. Speed, Quickness, Sniper, and Skill seems to fit the template. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I think that could describe Bjugstad.
I dont' think Nick is Cams equal in the skating dept (speed/quickness), nor skill in handling the puck. CBJ made a big mistake showing no respect to Johansen. CBJ's other option is to try and work a trade with ARZ for their two first round picks and choose Logan Brown/? :)

Last edited:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
To be perfectly honest Brian Campbell has just a good of chance of going deep in the playoffs in that Central division with the Hawks as he does with the Panthers at this point.

He should take a 1-YR 3M deal with us.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
To be perfectly honest Brian Campbell has just a good of chance of going deep in the playoffs in that Central division with the Hawks as he does with the Panthers at this point.

$3m for a disappearance act in the playoffs is $3m too much.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

I thought the same thing but my guess is the interest from Florida isn't there now that they got Yandle. Who knows, maybe Chicago can't fit him and he's left with no option but to sign with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad