Proposal: Off-season moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
These are all first pair defensenmen or at least projected to be... they will want deals that are too rich for us.

How about RDs like Simon Depres or Tyler Myers? Especially Depres should be available since Anaheim is looking to shed salary. And Winnipeg already has Trouba and Byfuglien on the right side, maybe they could move Myers... :dunno:

Despres is fringe NHLer atm with the price tag of $3.7mil for the next five years. And I'm called nuts for risk taking :laugh:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
These are all first pair defensenmen or at least projected to be... they will want deals that are too rich for us.

How about RDs like Simon Depres or Tyler Myers? Especially Depres should be available since Anaheim is looking to shed salary. And Winnipeg already has Trouba and Byfuglien on the right side, maybe they could move Myers... :dunno:

Demers it is

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think Myers could be an option. He wouldn't come cheap though.

After this season, we lose Kulikov for nothing. Slide McCoshen into Matheson's spot, move Matheson up.

My pairings
Yandle Ekblad
Kulikov Myers
Matheson Petrovic

Next season
Yandle Ekblad
Mathewson Myers
McCoshen Petrovic if he doesn't get claimed

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Oh ok... I just remember how impressed they were with him a year ago after trading Lovejoy for him. I haven't followed Anaheim this year at all.

You're still nuts though! :naughty:

SD sunk this year really hard, the Ducks are hopeful that the exp. draft will erase him from the lineup.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Despres is fringe NHLer atm with the price tag of $3.7mil for the next five years. And I'm called nuts for risk taking :laugh:

Uh, where is all this Simon Despres information coming from?

Dude missed have the season due to injury and only played 32 games which didnt come till mostly after the ASG.

The Ducks went 18-5-2 with him in the line-up until he got hurt again in March. He suffered a concussion early to due a hit by Tyson Barrie in which he got suspended.

He is a terrific PK Defenseman.

Fringe NHLer? lol

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Uh, where is all this Simon Despres information coming from?

Dude missed have the season due to injury and only played 32 games which didnt come till mostly after the ASG.

Fringe NHLer? lol

The injury was duly noted in the assessment, thank you.

ANA: "Despres + Bieksa for a 4th?" etc etc

tolsen3

Apr 21, 2014
For what it is worth, I was watching NHL Hockey Central on the NHL network and the panelists seemed to suggest that it is common knowledge that The Panthers were going hard after Truba with Seth Jones as a possible backup plan.

BTW, Doug MacLean liked the Yandle signing as a player but not the deal and felt it would cause a problem getting Ekblad resigned.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
For what it is worth, I was watching NHL Hockey Central on the NHL network and the panelists seemed to suggest that it is common knowledge that The Panthers were going hard after Truba with Seth Jones as a possible backup plan.

BTW, Doug MacLean liked the Yandle signing as a player but not the deal and felt it would cause a problem getting Ekblad resigned.

How could he think that? That makes zero sense. Only tricky thing could be raises/signing long term McCoshen and Matheson down the road if they both turn into all stars.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
How could he think that? That makes zero sense. Only tricky thing could be raises/signing long term McCoshen and Matheson down the road if they both turn into all stars.

I do hope Ekblad values winning over $$$.

Anything less than the Subban deal would be outstanding. Hopefully he stays in the 7s and below the 8 Mill plateau.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I do hope Ekblad values winning over $$$.

Anything less than the Subban deal would be outstanding. Hopefully he stays in the 7s and below the 8 Mill plateau.

PK waited until he was 27 and signed a bridge before he signed his big deal if I recall correctly.

I think Alex Pietrangelo may be a good comparable. http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1741

The Doughty contract too but Doughty was definitely better than Ekblad when he signed.

I could see Yandle + Ekblad on the PP, pushing Ekblad past 20 goals, then he will break 7 mill a year.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
PK waited until he was 27 and signed a bridge before he signed his big deal if I recall correctly.

I think Alex Pietrangelo may be a good comparable. http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1741

The Doughty contract too but Doughty was definitely better than Ekblad when he signed.

I could see Yandle + Ekblad on the PP, pushing Ekblad past 20 goals, then he will break 7 mill a year.

The most common comparison I have heard for Eks is Doughty for certain.

I think it's critical to try and extend him this off-season vs the end of next season as he may have a huge 3rd season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The most common comparison I have heard for Eks is Doughty for certain.

I think it's critical to try and extend him this off-season vs the end of next season as he may have a huge 3rd season.

Yep, the team is starting to be ready for long playoff runs and that usually means bigger contracts afterwards.

If they can sign their core before that to longterm contracts there should be a long contending time for them.

But I'd stay away from Lucic, that contract is scary and potentially something that breaks up those contending years, I'd avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad