Speculation: Off Season Jeff Skinner sweepstakes

Who does Skinner sign with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No **** Buffalo is closer. I think anyone with some brain competency knows that.

But NYI still provides a destination that's still relatively close to Toronto.
That’s true.

But I think the appeal of Buffalo was/is that many of his his family + friends can just hop in the car on any given night and drive to a game in Buffalo.

That’s what Skinner mentioned, anyway.

I could still see him signing with the Isles though. If it doesn’t work out with Buffalo the NYI are one of the teams that are still relatively close to his family, as you said. I would think that the Isles are likely on Skinner’s short list.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
That’s true.

But I think the appeal of Buffalo was/is that many of his his family + friends can just hop in the car on any given night and drive to a game in Buffalo.

I could still see him signing with the Isles though. If it doesn’t work out with Buffalo the NYI are one of the teams that are still relatively close to his family, as you said. I would think that the Isles are likely on Skinner’s short list.

I’d be interested to see what Trotz could do with him.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
That’s true.

Does Detroit have the cap?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I wouldnt call it sweapstakes as I bet a team is going to severely overpay him and really regret their decision within the next few years.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Does Detroit have the cap?
Why would he want to leave Buffalo for a team that is even father away from competing?

I think he either stays in Buffalo if being as close to Toronto is the utmost priority or goes to NYI if he's interested in a team closer to contending while still being reasonably close to Toronto.

One would think he'd like to start winning at some point, no?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why would he want to leave Buffalo for a team that is even father away from competing?

I think he either stays in Buffalo if being as close to Toronto is the utmost priority or goes to NYI if he's interested in a team closer to contending while still being reasonably close to Toronto.

One would think he'd like to start winning at some point, no?

While Buffalo is pretty close to Toronto(roughly an hour and a half), Detroit is only like 3 1/2 hours away

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
While Buffalo is pretty close to Toronto(roughly an hour and a half), Detroit is only like 3 1/2 hours away
So? I still don't get why Detroit would be somewhere he'd want to go. Farther away from competing than most other NHL teams (including Buffalo) and from Toronto. Where's the benefit?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So? I still don't get why Detroit would be somewhere he'd want to go. Farther away from competing than most other NHL teams (including Buffalo) and from Toronto. Where's the benefit?
I can easily see Zadina and Veleno having an impact. Adding Skinner would be huge. If he is there for them, getting Byram would be perfect for Detroit, I think. They are not out of the woods, but as they start to shed their bad cap, DRW have some hope.

Apparently he wants to be as close to TOR as possible? Detroit is close.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Jeff Skinner. Zero NHL playoff games. I would just pass if I were Buffalo. Find some good character players

This is fantastic logic considering most of Buffalo's players probably have zero playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad