Injury Report: Off-season Injury Thread: Kris Letang News

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Good news, hopefully this is the last concussion of his career.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah, a player that was a surefire Norris candidate for the second time in his career is going to be a pain to move..

Bergeron has suffered just as many concussions as Letang. Is he unmovable as well?

Either way, it's not going to happen. The d would be a dumpster fire without him anyways, exhibit a: this years playoffs.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Did you forget about Maatta?

I think he'll be fine on the second pairing but throwing him into top minutes is a big risk. He has never played the tough minutes a guy like Martin has eaten up.

This team is close to being a disaster next year.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I saw Letang in Montreal about a month ago in MTL. He was cleared, just in vacation for those saying that he just got cleared. Anyway, I know I cant say this cuz I dont have proofs, delete this if you think it's not allowed. :)

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I think he'll be fine on the second pairing but throwing him into top minutes is a big risk. He has never played the tough minutes a guy like Martin has eaten up.

This team is close to being a disaster next year.

If his thyroid or shoulder don't impact his play, he's easily a 1st pairing Dman.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I would like to see Maatta finish a full season without requiring shoulder surgery before I declare him a top-pairing D, and beyond that, I'd rather keep he and Letang separated, simply because Maatta-Letang is putting our only two good eggs in the same basket.

Letting him carry a 2nd pair and finding a good complement for both him and Letang seems like the best way to go (similar to how the Blackhawks run Keith and Seabrook)

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I think they look at a Letang and Maatta pairing like a Weber and Josi pairing, with DP swinging up to get some work with Letang similar to Seth Jones and Weber. Johnston liked to pair them during OT, IIRC.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Pouliot next to Letang would be a disaster. It should be...

xxxxx-Letang
Maatta-xxxxx
Pouliot-xxxxx

The rest is wide open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad