Injury Report: Off-season Injury Thread: Kris Letang News

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pascal is an essential part of keeping our locker room loose. He also is one of the hardest working players on our team. I can't believe how some people view these guys, sure management and coaches have screwed up, but what exactly has Dupuis done wrong besides playing his heart out for the Pens during his stay here?

Glad he is doing better, hopefully he doesn't endanger himself again.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pascal is an essential part of keeping our locker room loose. He also is one of the hardest working players on our team. I can't believe how some people view these guys, sure management and coaches have screwed up, but what exactly has Dupuis done wrong besides playing his heart out for the Pens during his stay here?

he gets put in positions over his head and he got paid more than he should have. Neither are his fault, but both have been problems that came along with him.

Put him on the third line and I'll be happy. He's a bit overpaid for that role, but he's also a better top 6 injury fill-in than we've had the last few years.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
you seemed to be questioning my comment about him playing a significant amount of time in the bottom 6 because he's only really done it here for one year.

I fail to see how it is of any relevancy that he was a bottom six player for the Wild, for example. since then he has been playing on the wing of arguably best player in the world more often than not...

are you assuming he's going to play on the bottom six because he has done it before? sure, that didn't stop the Pens playing him with Crosby a lot...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I fail to see how it is of any relevancy that he was a bottom six player for the Wild, for example. since then he has been playing on the wing of arguably best player in the world more often than not...

are you assuming he's going to play on the bottom six because he has done it before? sure, that didn't stop the Pens playing him with Crosby a lot...

I'm saying its a role he should be comfortable playing. And we have a coach who barely played them together for the short stretch Dupuis was healthy last year. I'm saying I don't think Dupuis is a lock for the top 6 like a lot of people seem to be worried about.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

I'm losing my mind when I read **** like this. the Pens must be the softest collection of hockey players ever. they keep signing ****** players because they are good for the locker-room.

when it comes to the Pens one gets re-signed because he's good for the locker-room, it doesn't matter how much he sucks at playing hockey...

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I'm saying its a role he should be comfortable playing. And we have a coach who barely played them together for the short stretch Dupuis was healthy last year.

sure, he should have played that role for his hole career... again, he is overpaid for the third line. but since he's good for the locker-room...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm losing my mind when I read **** like this. the Pens must be the softest collection of hockey players ever. they keep signing ****** players because they are good for the locker-room.

when it comes to the Pens one gets re-signed because he's good for the locker-room, it doesn't matter how much he sucks at playing hockey...

its a good thing Pascal Dupuis doesn't suck at playing hockey.

sure, he should have played that role for his hole career... again, he is overpaid for the third line. but since he's good for the locker-room...

He's a bit overpaid for a 3rd liner. But then again, he's a better fill-in for the top 6 than most 3rd liners.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

You realize the Hawks just essentially gave up a 2nd round pick (maybe two) for a mentor for TT?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
he gets put in positions over his head and he got paid more than he should have. Neither are his fault, but both have been problems that came along with him.

This. And at 37 years of age come the next playoffs, his level of play is going to drop down even more significantly.

I've been saying this for the past year: we have 3 poison contracts on this team (Scuderi, Dupuis, and Kunitz, with Scuderi's being the worst despite costing the least) and we need to move/LTIR at least 2 of them to be a successful team. Seems like the Dupuis one will not be an option, so JR willl have his work cut out for him.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Good, if the doctor let him play and he is not force himself into it, it's a good thing, he will instantly make our 3rd line a lot better.
Welcome back Pasqual ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If he can find his legs again, I think he can be a very good third liner. I just hope he's not given a role/responsibility more than he's capable of.

The dude really should've just stayed on LTIR. The negative far, far out-weighs the positive.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Both he and Letang need to think of their families and lives outside of hockey and just do the right thing and retire.

They've got their Cup, they've played alongside two greats in Sid and Geno, why not quit while your ahead?

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Both he and Letang need to think of their families and lives outside of hockey and just do the right thing and retire.

They've got their Cup, they've played alongside two greats in Sid and Geno, why not quit while your ahead?

Maybe because they get paid millions of dollars and are capable of playing? Injuries happen, doesn't mean they're brain dead. Why even suggest that Kris Letang would retire? It's literally so far out there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I knew Dupuis would bring better value for the money he got over the course of this contract but man, no one could've seen the injuries he was gonna have to deal with back then.

If he can get through all that and still be an effective 3rd liner who can jump up in a pinch, i'll be very impressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->