TSN: Off-Season Game-Plan for the New York Rangers

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Replacing Smith with Shattenkirk won't do jack to improve this team. We need to drop at least one of Girardi/Staal add some dependable meat and potatoes defenders, and swap some of these forwards for a different mix of players with grit and killer instinct

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'll start looking around Instagram to see which players hunt or at the very least fish and don't release it back into the lake.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016
I can't believe how in love with Stepan some of our fans are. This team won't miss him when he's gone.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I can't believe how in love with Stepan some of our fans are. This team won't miss him when he's gone.

He's not an ideal 1C but he's the best they've got right now. Get rid of him fine but there's gotta be some sort of viable replacement plan if they want to stay competitive in the short run.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

We all want a Ferrari or Maserati but the best we have now is a BMW. If we get rid of the BMW, all we are left with is a Volkswagen. Getting rid of Stepan creates a hole we can't fill. He's not the best center in the world, but he is the best center on our team. We don't have anone to replace him.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I can't believe how some fans believe that Stepan is easily replaceable and won't be missed.

easily replaceable and replaceable are not the same thing.

whats the Rangers winning% GF% CF% etc with and without Stepan..hes been injured a few times the past few years..is it a huge monumental change or is it small?

Rangers dont roll ice time in a manner that makes any 1 player irreplaceable. if this was Torts as the coach, and our 1C was getting 25 mins a night..then yeah it makes a huge difference..but what does Stepan play? 18 mins?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
easily replaceable and replaceable are not the same thing.

whats the Rangers winning% GF% CF% etc with and without Stepan..hes been injured a few times the past few years..is it a huge monumental change or is it small?

Rangers dont roll ice time in a manner that makes any 1 player irreplaceable. if this was Torts as the coach, and our 1C was getting 25 mins a night..then yeah it makes a huge difference..but what does Stepan play? 18 mins?

Throughout Stepan's entire career, he's fourth in the entire NHL in GF%. Yes, you read that correctly.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm starting to feel like Stepan is the Ringo Starr of Centers. He's not flashy like Mitch Mitchell or Keith Moon but ask any drummer how good Ringo is and theyll pretty much all say he's amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad