HF Habs: Off-Season Discussion (Part Duh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can't even get through that press conference..it is making me livid. For a team whose motto was "no excuses"..the two guys in charge are sure coming across as complete hypocrites...first Therrien with the comments about the team being mentally and physically tired..now Bergevin with this tripe.

Basically the gist of the press conference is that Bergy protects his coaches and himself while throwing Chuck and Timmins under the bus. He couldn't possibly acquire a 25 or 30-goal scorer because..as he said in the press conference..they are not available..you have to draft them. Never mind that he has done it twice before (Vanek and Ryder) in his short tenure on the job...it's Timmins' fault that Chuck isn't as good as the team's current dynamo at center David Desharnais...who along with Plekanec "played fantastic" until the playoffs.

His crappy explanation about Chuck not being good enough down low in helping his dmen was laughable....and Desharnais was?

Hard not to get the impression that Bergevin swallows whatever Therrien dishes him. He kept saying it was him and Therrien..Mike's his right hand man.

That was an extremely discouraging press conference.

When Timmins leaves, and it'll happen eventually, this organization will have a really hard time drafting.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I can't even get through that press conference..it is making me livid. For a team whose motto was "no excuses"..the two guys in charge are sure coming across as complete hypocrites...first Therrien with the comments about the team being mentally and physically tired..now Bergevin with this tripe.

Basically the gist of the press conference is that Bergy protects his coaches and himself while throwing Chuck and Timmins under the bus. He couldn't possibly acquire a 25 or 30-goal scorer because..as he said in the press conference..they are not available..you have to draft them. Never mind that he has done it twice before (Vanek and Ryder) in his short tenure on the job...it's Timmins' fault that Chuck isn't as good as the team's current dynamo at center David Desharnais...who along with Plekanec "played fantastic" until the playoffs.

His crappy explanation about Chuck not being good enough down low in helping his dmen was laughable....and Desharnais was?

Hard not to get the impression that Bergevin swallows whatever Therrien dishes him. He kept saying it was him and Therrien..Mike's his right hand man.

That was an extremely discouraging press conference.

I don't know where you got that Bergevin threw Timmins under the bus. He spoke positively of the group of young players in Hamilton in Hudon, Andrighetto and so on and also said good things of Scherbak and McCarron.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Take the highest ranked player from the Q in every round.

Sad part is the first year we do it we'd probably get three core players and people would talk about it forever, then we'd have twenty years of 0 nhlers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Take the highest ranked player from the Q in every round.

Honestly, wouldn't shock me. And then our drafting in later rounds goes to **** just like Edmonton's.

Like I said, I see a lot of similarities between these two organizations in terms of the front office relationships. We just don't look as bad because we have the best goalie in the world and can draft in rounds outside the first.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Honestly, wouldn't shock me. And then our drafting in later rounds goes to **** just like Edmonton's.

Like I said, I see a lot of similarities between these two organizations in terms of the front office relationships. We just don't look as bad because we have the best goalie in the world and can draft in rounds outside the first.

Luckily for Edmonton they won the McDavid lottery and it forced changes that may pay off.

Even the excellence of Price condemns us to futility. We are going to waste the prime years of a Hart winning goalie, Norris winning d man.. On the backs of MT and DD

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Luckily for Edmonton they won the McDavid lottery and it forced changes that may pay off.

Even the excellence of Price condemns us to futility. We are going to waste the prime years of a Hart winning goalie, Norris winning d man.. On the backs of MT and DD

Yeah... I'm going to watch more Chicago and Dallas games next season. Less Habs-related frustration. :D (unless, of course, changes are actually made.)

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
What a profoundly depressing press conference. I will judge Bergen on his moves first and foremost, but this press conference made my enthusiasm about him go from 9/10 to 1/10.

He's wrong on just about all fronts and right only on Petry and letting go those UFAs (a no brainer decision that everyone in the hockey world agrees on).

He just churned out excuse after excuse after excuse... now we know where Therrien gets it from.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Bergevin looked even dumber than Gauthier during his press conference, but it's all right since he just won't make any moves ever; meanwhile Gauthier took a loss for being impulsive. I'm not defending Bergy, we do have a number 6 bottom brain Dman as GM.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin looked dumber than Gauthier during his press conference, but it's all right since he just won't make any moves ever; meanwhile Gauthier took a loss for being impulsive. I'm not defending him, we do have a number bottom brain Dman as GM.

What do you expect when you take the hiring pool and basically minimize it to the point where even the best candidate is ****.

Nynja*

Sherman's reaction to the press conference:
XFg8Jut.gif

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I soooooooooooo hope Price gets injured and we stink it up.

Two years in a row, if we need it.

Wanted to quote this pile of **** that you just posted.

Go cheer for another team wishing injury on Price.:shakehead:shakehead

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Not sure how much he's going to command but if Mitchell and Flynn are gone i would hope for MB to go after Joel Ward. I think he would be a great addition to our bottom 6. I'd even try to dump a few other guys to make space for him (IE : Prust)

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Keeps talking about his playstation...idiot

That's a shot at the people who think its simple to get this player or that player.

Its a shot at the people who say trade DD and Parenteau for a Top Line Center or winger.

It's a polite way to say that the real world of the NHL is a lot different than than emotion filled posts on a message board or on Twitter.

Bergevin is not an idiot. You do not disclose your intentions publicly during a press conference to the rest of the GMs in the NHL. If you say that your most pressing need is a replacement for DD who you have targeted to remove from the team, then GMs will play hardball when you come calling about a trade.

Its common sense. You NEVER reveal your cards before its time to play.

Bergevin did an excellent job of trolling HFBoards and the Twitter world today. I am sure he is chuckling about it.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Did you guys see how defensive and emotional Bergevin was whenever Therrien's name was brought? I've never seen that before from an NHL GM.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Did you guys see how defensive and emotional Bergevin was whenever Therrien's name was brought? I've never seen that before from an NHL GM.
Like I said... the pressure is on now. There are expectations and they aren't going to be able to coast along the way they did.

I doubt Price matches what he did last season this year. No way that guy can do .930 every year... so we're going to have to improve elsewhere if we want to win. Even a small slip with Price could've meant us losing so many games this season. He HAS to see that.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
That's a shot at the people who think its simple to get this player or that player.

Its a shot at the people who say trade DD and Parenteau for a Top Line Center or winger.

It's a polite way to say that the real world of the NHL is a lot different than than emotion filled posts on a message board or on Twitter.

Bergevin is not an idiot. You do not disclose your intentions publicly during a press conference to the rest of the GMs in the NHL. If you say that your most pressing need is a replacement for DD who you have targeted to remove from the team, then GMs will play hardball when you come calling about a trade.

Its common sense. You NEVER reveal your cards before its time to play.

Bergevin did an excellent job of trolling HFBoards and the Twitter world today. I am sure he is chuckling about it.

Our pressuring need for the past 3 years has been a replacement for DD, I think he's been sitting on his cards for a little too long. Instead of keeping it cool and not revealing much he actively downplayed everything, preparing us to be underwhelmed. He said DD had a fantastic season and that he saw no reason to change his staff. That's not what we wanted to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad