HF Habs: Off-Season Discussion (Part Duh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Was listening to the round table with Danny Dubé, Ron and Mario. Ron mentionned that Detroit was very interested in Plekanec and that Emelin would easily find a suitor if the Habs wanted to trade him.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Id have absolutely nothing against DD on the wing... The problem is : can he be on this roster without being played at C on the Top-6.

Not that he's a bad 2nd Center, but we should just aim for better than "not bad".

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Was listening to the round table with Danny Dubé, Ron and Mario. Ron mentionned that Detroit was very interested in Plekanec and that Emelin would easily find a suitor if the Habs wanted to trade him.

If we could move Plekanec for something around Athanasiou, Mantha, Larkin, Jurco, etc. I would be so happy.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
If we could move Plekanec for something around Athanasiou, Mantha, Larkin, Jurco, etc. I would be so happy.

He mentionned they saw him as their 3rd line center. I doubt they'd give up Larkin or Mantha for that but AA would be a possibility I would think.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I wouldn't have any problem with those trades. As long as we don't end up with a pure dump along with an asset.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He mentionned they saw him as their 3rd line center. I doubt they'd give up Larkin or Mantha for that but AA would be a possibility I would think.

Tough to say IMO. With those comments regarding Mantha, who knows what his value really is. Larkin is likely untouchable. AA would be an awesome pick up, there's a lot of pure skill and speed there. To be honest though, I'm not sure a prospect alone would be enough to move Plekanec.

He'd be awesome on Detroit.

DD51*

I read somewhere that the Wings management are not really satisfied with Mantha's season and off season. But I doubt they would include him in a trade for a guy over 30 with one season left on his contract.

Mantha in Montreal could turn great.... Or become a circus like when we had Latendresse or Ribeiro.

DD51*

Tough to say IMO. With those comments regarding Mantha, who knows what his value really is. Larkin is likely untouchable. AA would be an awesome pick up, there's a lot of pure skill and speed there. To be honest though, I'm not sure a prospect alone would be enough to move Plekanec.

Maybe Pulkinen ?

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
lol, how good do you think Fowler is?

I don't see why Anaheim would move a young 23 year old stud defenseman playing 22 mins per game, able to contribute 35-40 points and signed to a cap friendly contract through 2017-18, barring huge overpayment.

DD51*

I don't see why Anaheim would move a young 23 year old stud defenseman playing 22 mins per game, able to contribute 35-40 points and signed to a cap friendly contract through 2017-18, barring huge overpayment.

Anaheim doesn't need any of our players that could be available.... + They have Sekac :naughty:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Emelin vs... Fowler...?

More like Emelin + McCarron + 1st

With Petry, Fowler becomes unnecessary.

We need at least one top six winger. Hopefully, one from UFA or trade, an another from our own prospects.

I feel that one or two of Ghetto, Hudon, Scherbak and McCarron could make the team next year, and one possibly out of camp.

We'll have the best handful of O players in the minors since forever.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe Pulkinen ?

Might be ideal actually. He's not great defensively, but could we ever use his skill at RW. He could step in now and make an impact. Kinda seems like he's in Babcock's dog house and, from what I've heard, he hasn't been given the same opportunities as guys like Tatar and Jurco.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Fowler isn't a stud and hasn't been on their top pairing since his rookie season. Vatanen's replaced him on the PP as their go to guy and it's looking like Despres is pushing to take his spot on the second pairing. Plus they got Wiz waiting to get into the lineup. Anaheim have too many PMD and Fowler is the easiest to move.

I'd rather get Beauchemin as an UFA though.

Beauchemin-Subban
Markov-Petry

Would be a great top 4. Would need to move Emelin and Gilbert.

DD51*

Might be ideal actually. He's not great defensively, but could we ever use his skill at RW. He could step in now and make an impact. Kinda seems like he's in Babcock's dog house and, from what I've heard, he hasn't been given the same opportunities as guys like Tatar and Jurco.

With a new coach in Detroit, it might change, but it would be a great addition in Montreal if MT can live with his defensive shortcomings.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
With a new coach in Detroit, it might change, but it would be a great addition in Montreal if MT can live with his defensive shortcomings.

I don't see any signs that MT will put up with any young player that's weak defensively. Ex: Andrighetto vs DLR.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

Detroit refused to trade Mantha for Myers and Phaneuf this year. I doubt much has changed since. I'm sure they'll give him at least next year to get going. He was playing great in the Traverse City tournament until he broke his leg. Had to miss camp and the start of the season. Wings fans couldn't recall the last time they heard Holland praise a prospect as much as he did for Mantha.

I read somewhere that the Wings management are not really satisfied with Mantha's season and off season. But I doubt they would include him in a trade for a guy over 30 with one season left on his contract.

Mantha in Montreal could turn great.... Or become a circus like when we had Latendresse or Ribeiro.

It was Develanno who came out publicly. Last time he did it, it was for Howard.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

They're not. But he's still not worth 2 1st round picks and a top 4 D.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pulkinnen is another small skilled guy. He would battle with Andrighetto. Hardly makes sense moving Pleks for that.

Athanasiou is fast, yes, but his hockey IQ has been questioned. Again, pass.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am a lifelong habs fan but if we start next season with DD on the first or second line I will tune out just like I did from 2000-20006, I cannot watch the team go down the toilet.

If Bergevin does not buyout or trade DD this summer we all know that MT will use him exactly the same way.

We need a big number one center and I would trade a roster player and a draft pick to do it, It has to be done and we cannot waste another year of Price, the guy deserves much more than this. If I was him I would demand a trade if there are no changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad