Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some are calling it one of the most expensive naps they've ever seen ... while others are saying it's $7000 down the drain.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
andy-reid-kool-aid-2.gif

Reactions: skullguise

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Adorable that Tom Brady says his daughter Vivian loved his commercial because he’s not going anywhere

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Some are calling it one of the most expensive naps they've ever seen ... while others are saying it's $7000 down the drain.

That dude is Irish and the brother of a well known politician here at home. I won't give his name but it was all over the papers here and people are having a right old laugh at him.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Patriots trading for D Carr and trading Hightower to Dolphins........

LOL

The Ideal Offseason Trade Scenario for Every NFL Team

So let me get this right, the Patriots are trading a 2nd for Carr AND a 4th for Brissett, who have a combined cap hit of $43 million next year? :help:

Honestly, if Brady doesn't re-sign, I'd go with Stidham and let him sink or swim. Best case is that you've found your QB of the future. Worst case is that you have a bad year, which means a high draft pick, which you can use on a QB.

Reactions: GabeTravels and CDJ

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So far from what I’ve seen, the XFL is way better than it was last time. Looks like it’ll be a nice alternative to the NFL and provide some pretty decent fun football. I like the concept, seems like they really thought this through instead of trying to challenge the NFL and thumb their noses at it

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wonder why they can’t put a team in the most expensive market for NFL tickets. Come on Kraft you want another 6 events at the Razor.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Wonder why they can’t put a team in the most expensive market for NFL tickets. Come on Kraft you want another 6 events at the Razor.

I was wondering about that and figured maybe too cold here now? But they have a team in NY too, so not sure why there isn’t one

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This is first time I tuned in today to XFL.
I will say it’s interesting having officials mic’d as they discuss penalty.

They also have a camera and a mic the reply booth too. Gotta say I like what I see so far. Vince came a long way from having strippers on the sidelines :laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the idea of a second professional football league is smart, and this is the time of year to do it. They're really looking to attract football addicts. Those types of people really care about the NFL Draft (and combine) and Free Agency, so there's time around that to focus on another league.

I think the big thing is that the NFL should be partnering with someone to run a developmental league, which I believe was the AAF's goal. Take practice squad players, and maybe 1st & 2nd year NFL players who didn't play a certain number of snaps during the season (maybe less than 5-10%), and give them a chance to play in games after the season. There wouldn't be enough players for 32 teams, but you could find another way to spread them out across maybe 8 teams. I've seen the idea of one team per division, but I'm not sure how well that'd work. Then, you could fill out any remaining roster spots with unsigned players.

One of the biggest issues for the quality of play in the NFL is that players have less practice time because the NFLPA pushed for it in the last CBA. That helps veterans and good young players, but it hurts developmental players who could use as many reps as possible. I think it could be a win/win for everyone.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
So far from what I’ve seen, the XFL is way better than it was last time. Looks like it’ll be a nice alternative to the NFL and provide some pretty decent fun football. I like the concept, seems like they really thought this through instead of trying to challenge the NFL and thumb their noses at it

I like the option of going for 1, 2 or 3 extra points after a TD.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I kinda think its funny Vince who bought WCW which basically killed wrestling for a long time because he had no competition(until AEW recently) is trying to compete with the NFL

Watched a few moments from 2 games. Cant really get into it. Maybe cuz no LV or NE teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad