Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm glad the Chiefs won- it was 50 years between championships and Andy Reid deserved to finally win his first.

Also now we won't have to read/see/hear the New England media bitch for the next six months about how the Patriots f***ed up by trading Jimmy Garapolo who led the 49ers to their first Super Bowl win since 1995. I was not looking forward to that at all.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'm glad the Chiefs won- it was 50 years between championships and Andy Reid deserved to finally win his first.

Also now we won't have to read/see/hear the New England media ***** for the next six months about how the Patriots ****ed up by trading Jimmy Garapolo who led the 49ers to their first Super Bowl win since 1995. I was not looking forward to that at all.

It was coming, but Jimmy played like crap in the 4th with the game on the line.

A guy i work with always complain we traded the wrong QB, despite the fact Brady won 2 rings after he was gone...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Agree

It would be as dumb as thinking Kansas City is in Kansas

probably dumber since Gronk is a good businessman

Funny thing is I always thought a river divided Kansas City, MO with Kansas City, KA - nope

17930589b7a099c12927389d1cb4dc72.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was coming, but Jimmy played like crap in the 4th with the game on the line.

A guy i work with always complain we traded the wrong QB, despite the fact Brady won 2 rings after he was gone...

Some franchises don’t win a super bowl for 5 decades but some radio hot take pats fans are willing to disregard LAST YEAR to cry about not keeping a quarterback who throws more picks than Brady

a very good portion of the fan base is spoiled rotten

Reactions: Bocephus86

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Some franchises don’t win a super bowl for 5 decades but some radio hot take pats fans are willing to disregard LAST YEAR to cry about not keeping a quarterback who throws more picks than Brady

a very good portion of the fan base is spoiled rotten

I want to see what these "fans" do when the team slides back into mediocrity or worse once Brady, Belichek & Robert Kraft are gone.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I want to see what these "fans" do when the team slides back into mediocrity or worse once Brady, Belichek & Robert Kraft are gone.

I wouldn’t hate a rebuild year just for that reason alone

I’d prefer to keep winning but let’s say Brady walks- having a bad season won’t be the end of the world

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I wouldn’t hate a rebuild year just for that reason alone

I’d prefer to keep winning but let’s say Brady walks- having a bad season won’t be the end of the world
Here's the thing though, even if Brady leaves, unless they really gut the rest of the roster, they're still probably good for 9-10 wins.

Reactions: CDJ

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

this is a garbage narrative. Its been 26 years now of sellouts and good teams (minus a few blips). That is well past the "oh the fans will disappear once this flash in the pan dies out".

Look at it this way.

1994 - 2020 translated to the Celtics run is:

1957 - 1983...was anyone running around saying "oh i cant wait to see what happens when all these fake fans leave when the team sucks" about C's fans in 1983?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Here's the thing though, even if Brady leaves, unless they really gut the rest of the roster, they're still probably good for 9-10 wins.

My point is eventually all 3 will be gone- Belichek is 65 and will retire at some point. Even if Brady stays a Patriot he will eventually retire as well. Bob Kraft is pushing 80- how much longer can/will he remain in charge? or has he begun to delegate things to his son? Second generation ownership hasn't always meant continued success, just look at the Raiders for one example.

There's no guarantee that "the Patriot Way" will continue once those 3 are out of the picture. It will be interesting to see which fans stick with them and which fans leave, especially if the Patriots revert to routine 2-12 seasons. The last 20 years have been the exception rather than the rule for this franchise.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
She was fantastic. A perfect blend of her Colombian and Lebanese heritage.

I’m 37 and my body ached watching her dance like that.

Before I started going to the gym frequently I would've just been ogling her during the belly dancing segment. But now my reaction to it was "damn, her core must be strong AF"

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Funny thing is I always thought a river divided Kansas City, MO with Kansas City, KA - nope

17930589b7a099c12927389d1cb4dc72.jpg

In some places the river does separate it. But the Missouri mostly flows west-east at that point and it's just taking a bridge over bends.

I liked KCMO when I stopped there on my cross-country trip, but my Airbnb was actually in KCK. Great museums, great food. Only issue is that being a Midwestern town with no tree cover and not a lot of skyscrapers, it had no shade at all and it was burning hot. In fairness, I was passing through in early August. But that's my only real complaint.

Another fun fact that you'd appreciate @Fenway is that the logo for the former Kansas City Scouts was based on a real statue of an Indian scout in KC. When I saw it I instantly thought of the hockey team.

Reactions: Fenway

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
this is a garbage narrative. Its been 26 years now of sellouts and good teams (minus a few blips). That is well past the "oh the fans will disappear once this flash in the pan dies out".

Look at it this way.

1994 - 2020 translated to the Celtics run is:

1957 - 1983...was anyone running around saying "oh i cant wait to see what happens when all these fake fans leave when the team sucks" about C's fans in 1983?

A certain contingent of fans will not pay attention to a losing team. I think that’s all that is being said within that comment.

I didn’t see many sellouts for the Celtics once the 90s came around.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A certain contingent of fans will not pay attention to a losing team. I think that’s all that is being said within that comment.

I didn’t see many sellouts for the Celtics once the 90s came around.

they weren’t selling out when Allan Ray was getting minutes either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad