Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Leaning towards the Niners this weekend.
Still steamed of how we were screwed when the Pats played the Chiefs and the officials were as blind and stupid as they come. Pats lost the bye due to it, not that we were truly Bowl contenders, but with the Pats you never know.
Seriously? The pats lost the bye because they couldn’t beat a terrible Miami team at home the last week of the season. How anyone could watch the patriots this year and conclude the refs were the reason they didn’t go further is ridiculous.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Seriously? The pats lost the bye because they couldn’t beat a terrible Miami team at home the last week of the season. How anyone could watch the patriots this year and conclude the refs were the reason they didn’t go further is ridiculous.
He literally acknowledged that the Pats were not SB contenders, and only the poor officiating in KC was a reason (not THE reason) they lost a bye week. Your reason is just as valid, but it doesn't mean his observation is incorrect.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
With Thuney likely leaving in FA too, and Cannon/Mason on a downward trajectory, we could be looking at an all time disaster of a line next year. I'm sure Brady is really enticed to come back by that...

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
With Thuney likely leaving in FA too, and Cannon/Mason on a downward trajectory, we could be looking at an all time disaster of a line next year. I'm sure Brady is really enticed to come back by that...
Mason on a downward trajectory? He's 26, and played through an ankle injury. He was much better post bye.

They definitely need to address the LG situation though, whether that's Thuney or someone else.

Andrews is the real wild card here. He does a lot of subtle things well, especially pre-snap protections.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad and CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Injuries were a major factor, but I wonder if the OLine struggles led him to this decision. It's possible he realized that he just doesn't have the energy needed to coach as he needs to, just like a professional athlete.

Cole Popovich had been studying under Scarnecchia for a few years, but they moved him to assistant RB coach this year and brought in Carmen Bricillo, who had previously been the OL coach at Youngstown State. It will be interesting to see if they just promote from within or bring someone in from the outside like last time. I don't know if there's anyone decent who's available.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

damn

I was at an empty bar with a guy who played guard in training camp for the pats a handful of years back. Heard some fun stories, and he told me Dante was a huge hardass but one of the best coaches hes ever had. Would let him hear it if he f***ed up though

also nobody understood a word Brandon spikes would say

anyway the pats are losing a legendary coach, hopefully they bring in quality personnel for the next guy to work with. Thuney seems to be a goner, which sucks

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m Brady the Chargers make the most sense

Patriots get their second back by trading Gronkowski there

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The last time KC was in the Super Bowl tickets were $15 - $100 adjusted for inflation

super-bowl-iv-ticket-stub-blue_1_89fbbc980b82e64d2e56b9131b867b64.jpg

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I know! He should take out a commercial in the Super Bowl, in which he rides one of the Budweiser Clydesdales out of Boston while yelling "I'm going to Disney World!"

Well... I'd be entertained, anyway :laugh:

Reactions: Fenway

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Him trolling like this tells me two things-

-He's coming back.

-He's retiring (seriously doubt this).

No way he drops something like this then dips out. That would be a wicked *** hole thing to do.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Him trolling like this tells me two things-

-He's coming back.

-He's retiring (seriously doubt this).

No way he drops something like this then dips out. That would be a wicked *** hole thing to do.

Lol he is not retiring. I'm glad this should be resolved soon. TB12 has done nothing wrong if he decides to leave prior to UFA and we have a chance to sign a free agent. This is the first year there have ever been a ton of good options at that position usually a team with no QB has to chose between making Kirk Cousins the highest paid player of all time or reaching for Josh Allen in the draft.

I'm fine with how this is playing out. I don't need to see the end of Brady in a Pats uniform that can happen elsewhere. QBs don't get hit anymore and he can play another 5 years if he wants I think its maybe best it happens somewhere else and we don't have to deal with this annually.

If he wants to go for #7 next year he has to be the first domino to fall given our cap situation. We need him to help recruit WR/TE help and a stud OL with Scarneccia retiring. Not to mention all the D contracts that are up.

I also LOVE the idea of not giving scum Boston/Pats haters the chance to see him suck in our uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad