Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy II - Robert Kraft on spending: In business to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
yeah, no
2017-2019 he had:

Edelman
Gronk
White
Gordon
Cooks
Amendola
Dion Lewis
Martellus Bennett
Michel (who had 931 yards in 13 games as a rookie)
Hogan

Even his last year here they had Gordon, Antonio Brown, Sanu, Edelman and Demaryius Thomas. Is it "not getting him weapons" because Gordon and Brown violated the league and got the boot, Sanu disappointed and Thomas couldn't even make the team out of camp?

Dont tell me he didnt have weapons here. He did, up until the very end.

edit: what happened, IMO, is Brady got tired of the demanding nature of playing here and wanted a "Club Med" team, which he's earned at this point. He saw that this past season was a punt year because of the cap and took his chance to leave.
I'm going to stop here because this is an old road to go down at this point but half the guys you listed are no better than depth players in the NFL. Amendola? Hogan? Number 3s at best, more like 4s.

Gronk is the only true weapon on that list. Maybe Cooks.

But I'm stopping here so feel free to have the last word. I have trouble being mad at a 42 year old Brady looking around the locker room and saying "I think I've had enough here and would like to try it somewhere els for a bit."

Reactions: LSCII

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Because you can't tell me Newton is the worst starter in the league and can't throw it in the ocean from the beach then turn around and say Harry is garbage on the field. If Cam is as bad as we all think he is, don't you think that makes Harry look bad too? Kinda hard to put up stats when your QB cant get you the ball to save his life.

Sorry, I'm not about to dump a 1st round pick with a college tape as good as Harry's after 2 seasons of:

- missed 9 games and never got a chance to get going due injury
- played with an all time bad passing performance in Newton

Yes I can. You know why? Because if he was really that good, he wouldn't be dropping slant route passes. I don't mean complicated slant routes either. I'm talking between 5 and 7 yards.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
That trade might guarantee the first four picks are all QBs. Basically guarantees Patriots will miss out on one of the top 4 QBs, so the question is if they want to trade up for Mac Jones, or see if he falls to #15. And then how does Jimmy G play into all of this? Is he Plan A now or Plan B?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
01garoppolo-superJumbo.jpg

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Dolphins net a 1st and 3rd to move back 3 spots and still get sewell pitts or whatever wr they want....

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Thought fields at first, but sounds like san fran fell in love with Lance based off everything I'm seeing now.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jimmy won't cost anywhere close to that much. I'd bet at most a 2nd, maybe a 3rd.
You say that but nobody knows. Even so, I still think getting the future in this draft is the way to go. I love Jimmy but he is too injury prone. Is he an upgrade over Cam? No doubt. But I don't trust him to stay healthy.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Cam Newton has really made people desperate to bring back a injury prone, average qb like Jimmy G. Shanahan is a coach who can get the best out of a QB, he took Matt Ryan who was hovering around the top 10 area and turned him into a mvp, when Jimmy G could stay on the field the best Shanahan could get out of him was below 4000 yards, 27 td and 13 int. That's ignoring that even if Jimmy gets cut he still won't be cheap and if he doesn't you have to give up draft capital to take on his big contract. I just don't understand why so many in the pats fan base want him back.

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille