Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy II - Robert Kraft on spending: In business to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Smearing a guy on the way out of town happens in a lot of places. Saying bad things about a guy that forced his way out isn't surprising at all, but having 12 people all come out with the same story? That scares the shit out of me if I'm an executive of a team looking at potentially trading for the guy.

Michael Jackson had a litany of alleged victims tack on accusations following Jimmy Arviso's family filing charges and going to court back in '05 only for all of them to fall apart under cross examination and MJ being found not guilty and cleared of all charges, including the charges in '92 with Jordan Chandler under the prior acts clause in California's criminal justice code. So I want to see how this plays out in court and how these plaintiffs do under cross examination. Will they be consistent on the stand or will they alter their story on the stand and undermine their credibility? That's what I want to see.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
he is, somebody confirmed it on the last page. that’s no longer a concern for me lol

definitely makes things a lot easier
I'm way behind lol.

Yeah, I was on the side of Watson getting smeared given the timing, and lawyer connection to the owner....but man when it's tht many people youve got to wonder.

Still seems kinda suspect to me, but...I don't know that's A LOT of smoke

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
I'm way behind lol.

Yeah, I was on the side of Watson getting smeared given the timing, and lawyer connection to the owner....but man when it's tht many people youve got to wonder.

Still seems kinda suspect to me, but...I don't know that's A LOT of smoke

I don't know, the large amount of women coming forward makes me lean more towards a setup from the Texans.

In this day and age I find it hard to believe this would have been kept quiet for this long

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Michael Jackson had a litany of alleged victims tack on accusations following Jimmy Arviso's family filing charges and going to court back in '05 only for all of them to fall apart under cross examination and MJ being found not guilty and cleared of all charges, including the charges in '92 with Jordan Chandler under the prior acts clause in California's criminal justice code. So I want to see how this plays out in court and how these plaintiffs do under cross examination. Will they be consistent on the stand or will they alter their story on the stand and undermine their credibility? That's what I want to see.

It's a good example of what a well-crafted story placed in the media can do to someone's reputation and social value.

Anyone with any discernment at all could look at the accusations in 92 and 2005 and plainly see that they were a clearly made up extortion attempt by greedy parents, but the story was so sensational and because Michael was eccentric, the media latched onto it and now when someone mentions Michael Jackson the first thing people associate with him is "child molester" rather than any of his music.

Reactions: Alicat and EvilDead

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyway, Mitch Trubisky is the one QB who is so bad that I'd actually prefer to just keep Cam Newton over him.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't know, the large amount of women coming forward makes me lean more towards a setup from the Texans.

In this day and age I find it hard to believe this would have been kept quiet for this long
Imagine trying to sign ANYONE if it came out the Texans set him up

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Anyone see his old tweets. He's been deleting them but um...they are concerning.
They are most certainly concerning and do make the story seem more true but it also makes the Texans look real bad if they knew about this behavior past and present and did nothing about it only to expose it in a retaliatory way after he said he wanted out.

We just have to let it play out but I think we can all agree that the story is crazy and has more twists and turns then we could have imagined.

I do recognize the bravery of these women for coming forward I just hope they weren’t coerced to do so if that makes sense.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
So, Chris Carson back to Seattle would seemingly take them out of the running for Leonard Fournette, who the Pats have shown interest in.

Fournette was the lesser of the two running backs in Tampa and is limited to what he brings the team that Damien Harris doesn't already do. I would rather the Patriots bring back James White and Rex Burkhead instead.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Damnit.

He’s the guy I really wanted. Great prospect.

Going to the Jets, huh?

Zach Wilson deserves better. :(

Outside of Steve Young, I don't trust BYU quarterbacks. Glad that the Jets get him. It means Darnold could go to San Francisco and then we could go get Jimmy G.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Fournette was the lesser of the two running backs in Tampa and is limited to what he brings the team that Damien Harris doesn't already do. I would rather the Patriots bring back James White and Rex Burkhead instead.
Respectfully disagree.

Fournette is much more of a pass-catching threat than either Michel or Harris. I think the Patriots would become a lot less predictable with him on the field.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Respectfully disagree.

Fournette is much more of a pass-catching threat than either Michel or Harris. I think the Patriots would become a lot less predictable with him on the field.
Yeah, I agree with your assessment of Fournette’s talent but I think we should stay away from him. Belichick is going to run his usual running back by committee and this is where Fournette would become a problem. Let’s be honest, Fournette could not handle his time in Tampa without having to be sat down and given an ultimatum to quit bitching or be cut loose just a two weeks from playoff time. IMO he won’t be able to handle another year of having to share the ball with the likes of Mitchel, Bolden, Harris, Taylor and if White and Burkhead resign, nevermind with Newton carrying the rock a plethora of times. As perfect of a fit Fournette would be out of the backfield in NE, he is not a team guy like White, Faulk or Lewis were in the system. Fournette would be a headache and an eventual waste of money when Da Belly gets sick of his bitching and me first attitude.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
That's a lot of women to get to throw away their careers on a setup if this is all made up. Makes me think that the accusations are true. If there's any part of this related to the Texans I could see that they covered some of this up/knew and leaked some info to this lawyer to start digging as a way to hurt Watson.

Neither side looks good if that's true. But I just can't believe this many women would take the chance of ruining their careers as massage therapists by making up something serious about a high profile person just for the shot at a settlement.

But like others said, between the NFL, the police, and the courts, hopefully the truth will come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad