Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part III

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/Missy_Zielinski
Val Filppula on his new start: "So far it's been going well. All the guys have been great and it seems like it's an easy place to play."
Filppula cont'd.: I can't believe the ice has been so good b/c it's so hot and humid, but I've had a nice start, so it's a lot of fun."
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Hedman today acknowledging this is a huge year for him. "It's been a big long learning curve for me, maybe a little longer than I hoped for"

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Anyone have a good Lightning wallpaper? I've been using

Be-the-Thunder-tampa-bay-lightning-30398471-500-313.jpg

for a while now. Need to change it up. Preferably an epic one. What choo got?

Maybe this?

BH5PZfTCIAA6ZNOfull.jpg

AHEM

Last edited:

Yzlamic Preacher*

Anyone have a good Lightning wallpaper? I've been using

Be-the-Thunder-tampa-bay-lightning-30398471-500-313.jpg

for a while now. Need to change it up. Preferably an epic one. What choo got?

Maybe this?

BH5PZfTCIAA6ZNOfull.jpg

AHEM

That's been my wallpaper since it came out. Could explain the woman cheating on me... Lol

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Mike Gallimore from BP has been shooping 3rd jerseys for fun, mostly using black. Some are actually pretty good.

First

Second

Third

Fourth

There is no 3rd jersey being made this year. BP was doing it for shiggles

Ah I just read where he said was in charge of it so believed it lol. Was sent auto and never went and reviewed or nothing.

Usually everything from them is good so just accepted it haha. I like the idea of black with bolts on back and a lighting on front:)

I like the first one:)

Would like to see though a thin lightning strike at the top middle with like a tree branches of lightning strikes all over the front of the shirt.

Shoot if was a tattoo guy that would be pretty cool.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
When they do make a new 3rd it has to bring back the victory stripes. The team has not made the playoffs since getting rid of them. Coincidence? I think not.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
fantasy hockey standpoint

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/53161-Offseason-report-Blues-Lightning.html

"Ready for full time – Jonathan Drouin is the most-hyped draft pick by Tampa Bay since Steven Stamkos and he boasts just as much upside. Except, where Stamkos scores goals, Drouin sets them up. Is this a match made in heaven? You bet it is. But you may not see them paired up right away. It will be sporadic, but will likely increase in frequency as the season wears on. Drouin is a safe bet for 45 points, but is a dark horse for 70.

Ondrej Palat is getting close to an NHL roster spot, but there may not be room for him if Tyler Johnson and Richard Panik make the team. Palat led the American League in playoff scoring with 26 points in 18 games. His numbers with Tampa during a brief stint were also impressive (14-2-2-4, plus-5).

Tyler Johnson had six points in his first five NHL games last season before he cooled off. His AHL numbers have been solid in his two seasons there - he was eighth in scoring last year and seventh in scoring in 2011-12. He's a smaller player who has performed well when the pressure is on, reminding me of former teammate Cory Conacher in that sense.

Right winger Richard Panik clings to his rookie eligibility status thanks to playing 25 NHL games last season instead of 26. Pencil him in as a third-line energy guy for the coming season and 30 points sounds about right.

Defenseman Radko Gudas is a fantasy hockey revelation. He's not going to get 40 points - not now, not ever. But he can certainly chip in 20 or 25 while challenging for the league lead in hits and penalty minutes. A wonderful dark horse in multi-category leagues and he can probably be plucked in one of the final rounds.

At this point, there is one more spot open on defense and Andrej Sustr and Mark Barberio are closest to taking it. Sustr can play a defensive game and he's 6-foot-8, which gives him a big edge. Barberio, meanwhile, is one-dimensional and needs to work on his defensive game. If he can't be “the guy†on the power play, then he may as well remain in the AHL.

Fantasy Outlook – From a fantasy standpoint, this is one of the better teams in the NHL to build a keeper-league squad around. It has a lot of high-scoring forwards on the roster right now (third in goals last season despite missing the playoffs). And the pipeline is almost an embarrassment of riches when it comes to high-flying forwards with upside. In fact, in fantasy hockey keeper leagues, the Lightning has the most appealing prospect pool in the league, bar none. Fantasy Grade: A- (last year was B-)"

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Ah I just read where he said was in charge of it so believed it lol. Was sent auto and never went and reviewed or nothing.

Usually everything from them is good so just accepted it haha.

Pretty sure he thought everybody would take that as the joke it was obviously intended to be.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bol...130909/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
“I have a lot to prove,” Connolly said. “I know that I am a better player and I’m not the same player I was when I was 19. I just need to show that. I’m looking to build on everything that I did last year and bring that here (to training camp) and prove to the organization that I want to be here long term. I want to be a part of this; they have a good thing going here.”
“He’s very skilled, he works hard and I think he got smarter as the year went on,’’ said Tyler Johnson, a Syracuse teammate and the reigning AHL MVP. “He became one of our best players by the end of the year.

“He’s a great guy to have on the ice. You felt like he was able to be on in any situation, and you felt like you trusted him in every situation. I think that’s the big thing, he learned to play a smart two-way game.”
“There were some days where you are not confident as a young kid and things are not going your way, but I just learned to put that behind me, move on, and I improved different parts of my game,” Connolly said.

“Last year was the best thing for me. I got to play a lot, I had a good season and regained confidence again. I got to do a lot of things I know I can do well and just making plays, scoring again. And it was good to get that back. So, I just want to carry that into training camp and into this year.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad