OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
again, you are just throwing this out cause someone says
look at the last night he played over 5 minutes against Ovi's line and had over 80% Corsi...yes comparing to 8 minutes that first and second pair had...Marino played 8 minutes too but got pushed around...so yes less minutes but not like he does not face first lines at all
View attachment 396569

Ovechkin did play 26 minutes last night lol.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

source.gif

CC @Honour Over Glory

Reactions: KIRK and Tom Hanks

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
he played around 21 5 on 5, we had 1st pair for 8 minutes, second pair for 8 minutes and our third pair played about 5 minutes against (CC)..Tanger was about even, Marino got pretty hammed down, CC had 8 shots for 1 against that line....If you can trust your third pair to play 25% of time against their best line, and are able not to extend your top pair minutes, I think thats a good thing.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
"This is a real tough one for you, Tristan..."
"How do you think you performed yesterday..."

Jeez I know athletes are kind of stereotypically viewed as the dumb jock, but c'mon... is that REALLY a tough question?

So tough and Jarry is so obviously caught off guard the he gives his pre-thought out canned answer. :rolleyes:

I like Jarry personally... seems like a good egg... I hope he gets it together --- for both our sakes.

I think they were just being more polite than thinking it’s a tough question.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
again, you are just throwing this out cause someone says
look at the last night he played over 5 minutes against Ovi's line and had over 80% Corsi...yes comparing to 8 minutes that first and second pair had...Marino played 8 minutes too but got pushed around...so yes less minutes but not like he does not face first lines at all
View attachment 396569

Anyone that says Ceci is doing well because of sheltered minutes is a bias poster that can't even admit when they are wrong. Some of Ceci's best games have been when he had to play 22+ minutes a game when out defense was decimated with injuries. Looking at the chart above he was hardly sheltered last night. You don't shelter a guy by putting him on the ice against the other teams top player for over 5 minutes. What is Ceci's QOC for the year? I bet it is not like Ruhwedel last year in single digits. Ceci is the perfect veteran signing that can play bottom pairing but also has the experience to play big minutes when needed like the game he played over 24 minutes.

For $1.25 million 10 games 5 points and +3 is worth twice that. But lets stick to the narrative that Rutherford was crazy to sign him.:help:

So your wasting your time with some of these guys. They will never admit mistakes. My favorite thing I have done from time to time was bring back old posts from them and how off they had been. We got the best arm chair GM's around.:laugh:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He barely moves, period.

He floats A LOT!

He'll take a run from time to time, but most of the time, he glides and floats.

Last night on the PP there was one really long stretch where you could see him standing still with his arms by his side. The only time he moved them was when a guy at the point got the puck.

Then 5 seconds left on the PP, the caps had control of the puck and he just skated off :laugh:

Lucky the guy can shoot well still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad