Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
source.gif

CC @Honour Over Glory

Lol, can we say this now? I remember that was verboden a couple years ago when the story broke. Think they called it libel/hearsay despite the concerning timeline of:
  1. Ovechkin is iron man and ruining the league.
  2. Scandal surrounding Caps team doctor and steroids surfaces.
  3. Ovechkin is no longer iron man and ruining the league. Sees drop in production.
  4. No one ever says anything.
I laugh now about it though.

Letang’s brain food

F-that. Get bananas, peel, place on top loaf of wonder bread, microwave for 5 minutes. Done. Follow me for more recipes.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Not surprising Sid has improved. Last years injury riddled season did a number on him.

*NOT OUR TANEV

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ovechkin had the biggest and earliest physical drop off of any superstar in NHL history and it took people years to catch on, some still act like it never happened. The whole thing was weird. He even had a couple years before he turned 30 where I wouldn’t even consider him a top 10 player.

There was a major drop off...but then to a very consistent "new level". There was a drop then a plateau for a couple of years. And it's not like the team around him got bad or anything.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The thing with Ovechkin (kind of like Jagr) is that he's still an elite component of an effective PP, so even if he's not able to bully his way down the wing like he used to, he can still put up goals. And having a power play built to get him the puck for his shot really helped for a good many seasons.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Isles dominating the Sabres so it may come down to us or Caps for the last PO spot...a regulation win tomorrow would be a huge step towards that...

Reactions: Turin

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The thing with Ovechkin (kind of like Jagr) is that he's still an elite component of an effective PP, so even if he's not able to bully his way down the wing like he used to, he can still put up goals. And having a power play built to get him the puck for his shot really helped for a good many seasons.
Yeah 5 goals in 9 games. Only one of them on the PP, despite that team being #1 ranked in the NHL at it.

He's fine. 35 shots. With that power/release you don't need to be a great skater. Dude never gets hurt either. Not gonna predict a goal amount in this whack season, but I bet it will be over 0.5 G/GP.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Yeah, something to keep in mind, we haven't gotten to beat up on the Sabers or Devils this year yet. A lot of the games we've played are against the better teams in the division.
Remember, these ARE the Penguins. Then again, maybe we stand a chance against Buffalo now that Sheary is gone. I'm just happy the Blackhawks aren't in this concocted division.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Just would like to give an early congratulations to Rust on becoming Captain, as projected by our insider, @Ugene Malkin , in tomorrow's GDT. Last game must have really put him over the top in the eyes of his teammates and new management. It's the dawn of a new era in Penguins hockey. The baton has been passed.

Seriously though nice work. The lineup over that GIF is :heart:

May the force be with us.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah, something to keep in mind, we haven't gotten to beat up on the Sabers or Devils this year yet. A lot of the games we've played are against the better teams in the division.

No matter how bad the Devils are, Pens often make them look like Devils’ Stanley Cup iterations.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just would like to give an early congratulations to Rust on becoming Captain, as projected by our insider, @Ugene Malkin , in tomorrow's GDT. Last game must have really put him over the top in the eyes of his teammates and new management. It's the dawn of a new era in Penguins hockey. The baton has been passed.

Seriously though nice work. The lineup over that GIF is :heart:

May the force be with us.

I'm calling Gremlins...! And I'm sticking to it.:laugh:
Caught the little bastard...
Gremlin-Wars.jpg

Thanks...I have the fix ready to go.:thumbu:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
b
beat up on Sabres and Devils?....lemme check......it didn't look good for us when we were stronger, but who knows maybe its a reverse kind of thing

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

There several times the 4th line got hammered in their own zone. That entire 4th line is yeesh.

Glad CDS is back but I wish he was the starter. I just get so queasy about shakey goalies playing through it. We need both Jarry and CDS back at the top of their game granted, but at the same time with the shortened season, each of those game is a lot more valuable than in a regular reason.

beat up on Sabres and Devils?....lemme check......it didn't look good for us when we were stronger, but who knows maybe its a reverse kind of thing

Lol, a different result between two teams playing a new game? Nah....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad