Of those 5 teams, which one would you sign with if you're Matthews?

Which team will Matthews sign with?

• Anaheim

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Detroit

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Los Angeles

Votes: 99 39.8%
  • Seattle

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Whatever has the lowest taxes since that is supposedly the only thing players care about
Seattle would named him Captain, he'd help attract free agents as well, I could see Francis selling him on those tax benefits but also feel only Arizona is behind them in terms of being a playoff team with those 5 listed.

He's still young enough to wait out another 2-3 years until prospects, trades, signings start filling out the depth.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I think Yzerman would have a field day building a team around him in Detroit.
Matthews + Seider as a foundation with Stevie Y building around them? That would be unfair

Thankfully Matthews would never go there. He'll likely resign, if not I can see him heading out west to somewhere like LA

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Matthews + Seider as a foundation with Stevie Y building around them? That would be unfair

Thankfully Matthews would never go there. He'll likely resign, if not I can see him heading out west to somewhere like LA
Yeah most likely, but its fun to play around with the idea.

Reactions: leafsfan5

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Seattle, they got some good golf courses for him...

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
No superstar will play in Arizona ever. That is a cap dump place, why would a multi-millionaire star choose zona' over LA?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Arizona - lower taxes, on the up-swing (they're not going anywhere especially since Bettman let's them play in ASU)
Seattle - lower taxes, big market potential, more money (cap space)
Anaheim - same as LA but better prospect pool
LA - too many distractions
Detroit - shithole

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
By the time he hits free agency I would wager Detroit will be pretty relevant again. They’ve got a lot of good pieces there and one of the games best GMs.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Arizona - lower taxes, on the up-swing (they're not going anywhere especially since Bettman let's them play in ASU)
Detroit - shithole
since when is Arizona "on the upswing" lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
5 very unattractive options. I voted Arizona just cause at least he’d be home.

Have you ever been to Southern Cali? Expensive yes, but very nice, especially the shore points, which are about 20-30 mins from Anaheim.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
100% LA
No pressure to win.
Just make your money, show up to the game and do whatever you want in the evenings.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
If he's wired the way I think he is. Toronto. You make more money and it means more to win here than anywhere else.

Winning a Cup in Toronto would make you a literal hockey legend. A Toronto Cup would be the equivalent of the Cubs World Series ring.

If he just wants to chase money, it'd also be Toronto. Matthews makes an additional $4 million on endorsement deals.

If he wants to go home, Arizona obviously.

If he wants to live in a city that is great for the wealthy but be anonymous while doing so LA or NYC.

Those other cities in the poll make zero sense.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
L.A. - In the spotlight, close to your boy Biebs, and on a team that has a bright future.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Detroit - shithole
Again-

I lived in metro Detroit my whole life. It is not a shit hole. That narrative is old and needs to die.

Reactions: ZDH and SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad