OEL 3.0 - Move Me Or Keep Me (Upd: You're Stuck With Me}

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL for Hanifin and a 1st. We get a 1st and get to wind back the clock 6 years at LD.

Hanifin is a 2nd pairing guy and not likely to improve. You and I have different ideas as to what constitutes 'turning back the clock.' Also makes Calgary's cap issues even worse.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I see him as our 2 LD behind Chychrun. A 23-year-old can't improve? And only a 3M or so bump from Hanifin to OEL next season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I see him as our 2 LD behind Chychrun. A 23-year-old can't improve? And only a 3M or so bump from Hanifin to OEL next season.

His upside is limited and he's basically playing at replacement level right now. He has a perfectly acceptable contract, but the difference between the two on the ice is pretty large. In no way is he an OEL replacement. That's how you end up in trade rumors despite your team having almost no one under contract at the time.

Hanifin has disappointed in Calgary and that would be the 2nd team deciding he's not worth keeping around despite this traditionally being a player organizations cling onto for dear life. I think nobody gives a shit about this player if he's 5 years older with the same deal. If BA and his war room feel differently about the personality, or think they can coax more out, fine.

But considering what his on ice impact is currently exchanging hands for in free agency and trade, I don't make that trade. Not for just a single 1st. I don't make the trade for the same reason they're seeking a first - you want more upside and potential value, especially at forward. It's not a bad 'oh shit' parachute deal but it's not good either.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL for Hanifin and a 1st. We get a 1st and get to wind back the clock 6 years at LD.
That’s pretty appealing. If we could trade OEL for Hanifin and a 1st, and then trade Raanta for a 4th, that would give us enough cap space to give Hoffman a nice enough contract to sign with us. And with OEL gone, there’d be no reason not to sign him.

Hoffman+Hanifin+1st for OEL+Raanta?

Reactions: Heldig

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Raanta to Chicago for their 2021 4th. Then OEL to Calgary for Hanifin and their 2021 1st. Then Mike Hoffman for 3yrs at 5.75aav, with a NMC only in the expansion year.
Add to this Kuemper and Fischer for Anderson, Dermott, Engvall and a 2nd.

Keller-Dvorak-Garland
Hoffman-Stepan-Schmaltz
Crouse-Larsson-Pitlick
Engvall/Hayton-Kessel
Hayden/Hunt

Chychrun-Goligoski
Hanifin-Hjalmarsson
Dermott-Demers
Oesterle/Lyubushkin

Andersen
Hill

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Since OEL is "not as good as Goligoski", and OEL's contract is "too long," I can only imagine how much Benning is willing to offer for Goligoski! This is the trade we should be making!
Vancouver media brainwashed their fans into believing this was solely about dumping payroll. They believe it hook, line, and sinker.

the Armstrong interview on the Full 60 was fantastic. So many little nuggets in there. Murelo for example has business interests in 45 different industry sectors. Not all have been ravaged by the pandemic.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Vancouver media brainwashed their fans into believing this was solely about dumping payroll. They believe it hook, line, and sinker.

the Armstrong interview on the Full 60 was fantastic. So many little nuggets in there. Murelo for example has business interests in 45 different industry sectors. Not all have been ravaged by the pandemic.
Not only Vancouver fans, but everyone in general, including most on these boards.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I find the myriad of trade proposals on these boards a (sometimes) interesting blend of Predominantly illogical to occasional logical blend of fantasy. Often questioning the validity of time spent reading same. Pretty certain I can chalk up OEL to Calgary as time waisted, given they were not on his willing to go to list.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I find the myriad of trade proposals on these boards a (sometimes) interesting blend of Predominantly illogical to occasional logical blend of fantasy. Often questioning the validity of time spent reading same. Pretty certain I can chalk up OEL to Calgary as time waisted, given they were not on his willing to go to list.
Best thing we got was a deadline. Now I don’t need to hit refresh every 10 seconds in anticipation.

Reactions: Jakey53 and lanky

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Billionaires have been making out like bandits during this pandemic.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

OEL to Calgary is the kind of crap that I immediately sift out as nonsense.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Billionaires have been making out like bandits during this pandemic.

If you follow Forbes’ billionaire tracker you’d see a lot of them don’t.

ex: Just checking it a while back I’d seen Jeff Beezos lost over $1.6 billion in net worth just in one day. Now might get that back over the next day or two but the point is billionaires were just as susceptible to the pandemic as everyone else. The key is how well they can navigate through it and the best way is via diversity.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
No doubt diversity is a good strat.

Wealth of US billionaires rises by nearly a third during pandemic

Report includes Jeff Bezos, whose personal fortune has risen by 65% since 18 March

The already vast fortunes of America’s 643 billionaires have soared by an average of 29% since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, which has at the same time laid waste to tens of millions of jobs around the world.
The richest of the superrich have benefited by $845bn , according to a report by a US progressive thinktank, the Institute for Policy Studies.
The report calculated that 643 billionaires in the US had racked up $845bn (£642bn) in collective wealth gains since 18 March, when lockdowns began across the US and much of the rest of the world. The collective wealth of the billionaire class increased from $2.95tn to $3.8tn. That works out to gains of $141bn a month, or $4.7bn a day.[/unquote]

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If you follow Forbes’ billionaire tracker you’d see a lot of them don’t.

ex: Just checking it a while back I’d seen Jeff Beezos lost over $1.6 billion in net worth just in one day. Now might get that back over the next day or two but the point is billionaires were just as susceptible to the pandemic as everyone else. The key is how well they can navigate through it and the best way is via diversity.
I own Amazon stock. It came back within days. My stock has doubled in value during course of pandemic.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Curious just what Covid, billionaires and zoom have to do with OEL

Billionaire owner helps with financial stability (hopefully). With an owner that earns OEL's peak $10 million contract in about two days (or less) there is no big hurry to dump contracts out of financial desperation. (Yes I know that's an oversimplification).

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
And Square. And Zillow. And Docushare. And and and. My portfolio is up over 50% from precovid.

Homes and real estate weren't affected by the pandemic at all. In fact, it helped it. Wife works for a mortgage broker and their volume this year has been their highest ever with the Fed dropping interest rates down to zero.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Homes and real estate weren't affected by the pandemic at all. In fact, it helped it. Wife works for a mortgage broker and their volume this year has been their highest ever with the Fed dropping interest rates down to zero.

Mortgage companies are hiring big time. Lots of demand from home buyers and refinancing.
- Evolve Mortgage Services in Frisco, Texas, has hired 120 new home-loan underwriters in the past 90 days and needs to find another 100 by the end of the year.
- NewDay USA has hired roughly 300 new people during the pandemic and is looking for about another 200 to join by March 2021, the company said.
- Inlanta Mortgage in Pewaukee, Wis., is also in the market for another 100 experienced workers, including loan underwriters and processors—no college degree required, said Paul Buege, president and chief operating officer.

Millions of Jobs Have Been Lost, but Hiring Is Booming at These Companies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad